The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#1)
Old
drdªv€

Default 09-13-2007, 06:10 AM

Parents in Shippensburg are on notice after the discovery of a half dozen empty cough syrup bottles at a popular teen hangout.

Police Chief Fred Scott warns parents to be “more attentive to their children's actions and demeanor” in light of the empty bottles that once contained the drug dextromethorphan - a cough syrup ingredient used by teens and others to achieve a narcotic “high.”

Scott declined to say where the empty bottles were found, but said the location is a “place where juveniles are known to frequent.”

According to the Department of Justice Drug Enforcement Agency website, dextromethorphan (DMX) is the active ingredient in a number of over-the-counter cough remedies.

Those products are often the targets of shoplifters, Scott says.

The products include the widely-known Robitussin, and Delsym - a product that one pharmacist says has become popular with shoplifters of late.

“What happens is that a particular product gets a ‘buzz' and kids know to steal that,” says an area pharmacist who asked to remain anonymous. “That's what's happened with Delsym, a long-lasting cough medicine.”

DMX products can be displayed on shelves, but many stores stock the products in secure areas, because of the retail theft threat, the pharmacist says.

Scott says the stores contacted by his department in the past week have agreed to move DMX products behind the counter.

According to the DEA, high doses of DMX can produce a narcotic affects including mild stimulation, euphoria and hallucinations, distorted visual perceptions and loss of motor coordination and dissociative sedation - depending of the size of the dose.

The typical prescribed dose is 15 - 30 mg four time daily. Abusers ingest 100 - 1,500 mgs to achieve highs.

The DEA website says street names for dextromethorphan include DMX, CCC, Triple C, Skittles, Robo and Poor man's PCP. Terms for its illegal use include “Robo-tripping” and “skittling” - terms derived from commonly-abused products Robitussin and Coricidin.

DEA studies indicate:

* Use of DMX is on the rise.

* There is ample instruction on the Internet about how to abuse DMX.

* DMX is can be ordered on the Internet - including in powered form that creates an increased risk since the composition and dosage of powder is less certain.

* The use of high doses of DXM in combination with alcohol or other drugs is particularly dangerous and deaths have been reported.

* Approximately 5-10 percent of Caucasians are poor DXM metabolizers, which increases their risk for overdoses and deaths.

http://www.cumberlink.com/articles/2007/09...news/news22.txt
(#2)
Old
newfie22 Offline

My Mood: Dexed
Default 09-13-2007, 07:07 AM

DMX.......................................ROTFLOL

nice reporting you retards at least get the akronym right.

<span style=\'font-family:Times\'><span style=\'font-size:14pt;line-height:100%\'><span style=\'color:blue\'>dad a chum, dod a chock, did a chee.......don't you worry, you've got the key!</span></span></span>
(#3)
Old
Midknight Offline

Default 09-13-2007, 08:36 AM

the 100-1500 mg mention kind of has me worried. Some poor kids gonna try for 1500 mg and fuck up his whole day.

Thats an expert/dangerous dose

News always seems to get things wrong.

What ever happened to journalists actually doing their jobs? Multiple sources, research, proof reading...the ...fucking basics.

(#4)
Old
koala infestation... robots Offline
Now with 16% more robot.

Default 09-13-2007, 11:29 AM

Poor man's PCP; Has anyone encountered an actual person that uses this term? I think it to be made up for the purpose of making dxm seem more dangerous by connecting it to the wild reports of the effects of PCP.

So wasteful, by littering these bottles they are probably never going to be properly recycled. On top of that all the paper wasted from police filing reports about empty robo bottles. Dxm doesn't need any more placement in the public eye... just recycling bins.

Edit: I really thought this article was going to be about a Chief in the tribal sense. Who was trying to fight cold medicine use among younger members to preserve their way of life.

(#5)
Old
Lunchbox Offline

Default 09-13-2007, 01:26 PM

Pennsylvania, the state for dexers. As for accurate reporting, obviously not.
(#6)
Old
Thomas Jefferson Monk Offline
Metaprogrammers-lite

My Mood: Mellow
Default 09-13-2007, 03:26 PM

Quote:
The use of high doses of DXM in combination with alcohol or other drugs is particularly dangerous and deaths have been reported.
Yeah, I've heard that happens in the projects a lot.

*email's DMX to let him know his music is killing people*

Ask Me Anything | Conscious Aworeness (Blog) | Photos of my Journeys | Drug problem? |Twitter

Life's full of surprises, and sometimes the surprise is a bloody tampon in your laundry. - Morrison
(#7)
Old
vapor Offline
IRC Operators

Default 09-13-2007, 06:46 PM

Quote:
* Use of DMX is on the rise.
hey man, im officially worried about the DMX epidemic myself

(#8)
Old
Smokey420 Offline

Default 09-13-2007, 09:50 PM

lmao they wrote DMX, people in my area when I tell em about DXM, they always say DMX.
(#9)
Old
infinite Offline

Default 09-14-2007, 01:44 AM

sadness........

Be at peace with your mind for in the end it is all you will have
-Me
<span style=\'font-family:Arial\'>Just open your eyes
And see that life is <span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\'>beautiful</span>. </span>
Matter is NOT made up of matter.
God will send you to a place of fire and pain if you don't agree with him....but he LOVES YOU!!!
All powerful, all knowing, but he can't handle money, either!!
(#10)
Old
Topherrr Offline

Default 09-14-2007, 10:54 AM

omg childrten are using cough medicine to get high thats wack