The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#1)
Old
drdĒv€

Default 08-28-2007, 06:47 AM

DUI Test Results In Boston Case Could Come By Thursday

Published: Aug 28, 2007

PINELLAS PARK - The results of David Boston's urine test could be back from the laboratory as early as Thursday, Pinellas Park police said.

Details regarding the Bucs wide receiver's traffic stop Thursday, when he was arrested and charged with driving under the influence, were revealed in a police report Monday.

The Pinellas County Forensic Laboratory has been asked to test Boston's urine for a variety of controlled substances, including the so-called "date rape" drug GHB, as well PCP, Ketamine and Dextromethorphan.

After Boston blew a triple zero on a breath test for alcohol, he gave a sample of his urine, the report said. A test for evidence of 10 drugs showed no evidence of any of them, the report said.

The forensic laboratory is expected to test Boston's urine for a wider range of drugs, Capt. Sanfield Forseth said.

"You're not going to find anything in my urine," Boston told police Friday, according to the report.

Meanwhile, Bucs coach Jon Gruden said he did not discipline Boston by making him sit out one quarter of Saturday's exhibition game against Miami. Boston, who had started the first two exhibitions, did not appear until the second quarter. Ike Hilliard started in place of Boston, but Gruden said Boston was not being punished.

"There is no evidence to support that [arrest]. Whatever happens will obviously be determined," Gruden said. "There is no evidence we have to support those accusations. It [the arrest] had nothing to do with [Boston not starting]. We wanted to see Hilliard on the first play of the game because he's a good player."

According to the police report, Boston said he ended up in Pinellas Park because he was coming from an unfamiliar area where he had met a Bucs trainer. He came to the police's attention after he was found unresponsive at the wheel of a sport utility vehicle in a travel lane.

"This happened to me last year," Boston reportedly told police. "I don't know what it was then. I just need to leave and get back to Tampa."

When he had trouble keeping his balance during a field sobriety test, Boston said his leg was not "coordinatively right," the report said. Boston also mentioned his left knee was bad and that he had surgeries on both knees, the report says.

http://sports.tbo.com/sports/MGB0PI5UV5F.html
(#2)
Old
Kalu Offline

Default 08-28-2007, 08:50 PM

bet it is dxm - i've had a friend blow 0.00, police hate that when you can hardly walk.

"All the advantages of Christianity and alcohol; none of their defects."
(#3)
Old
Monoliath Offline
Tryptogryphic Time-Keeper

My Mood: Yeehaw
Default 09-05-2007, 11:02 AM

I hate cops who abuse their power.

I don't generally 'hate' police, but often dislike their attitude (power corrupts)

In this case though, I would have given the guy just as hard a time, if I had observed him having such a hard time walking...ONLY if that fact was combined with other physical anomalies (uber pupil dilation, cold clammy skin etc.)

I actually kind of respect the run of the mill field sobriety test...I mean, I don't want to be on a road with someone who can't pass them within reason.

Being on any substance behind the wheel is stupid...even pot. Cars go fast and crash into shit...people seem to take this for granted.

"As the bonds of flesh are broken, the world becomes apparent"
(#4)
Old
Criptin Offline
DexKing

Default 11-22-2007, 03:42 PM

Yep, pigs get uber pissed when you can barely talk/walk, and they give you a breathalizer, and you blow nothing. I end up with a pocession charge because they detected the alcohol from the tussin I had drank, and when I told them it was from a small amount of cough syrup I drank prior to the test, they totally disreguarded it and charged me anyway.

Imagine the possibilities..