The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#1)
Old
drdªv€

Default 06-19-2007, 04:04 PM

Teens have always experimented with drugs without their parents' knowledge -- at a park, in a car or at a party. Sometimes even at home, right under their noses. Because this generation of teenagers has grown up chronicling their lives online, and because the internet reflects what teens have always done offline, it makes sense that teens would talk about their drug use and attempt to find drugs or alcohol on the web. My generation didn't grow up with the internet -- we had to offer the hapless adult on the street cash to go buy us beer.

USA Today published a story today about how teens are chatting up their drug use online. Like most sensational stories about teen internet use, this one does its job by making parents feel that there is something new and scary happening with teen drug use because of the internet. Is there more information about drugs online? Yes. Is some of it inaccurate or completely bogus? Yes. Is some of it actually accurate and really helpful? Oh, wait, they didn't mention that in the story. Will teens get bad information about drugs and sex from their peers? Of course. They get that offline, too. If anything, the fact that teens are actually documenting their drug use publicly and openly means you can find it and intervene. My guess is that teens in recovery are also talking about what that feels like and inspiring other teens as well.

The best prevention method for teen drug use is talking to your teen. Start early when they're tweens. Give them real information about different drugs, their effects and the risks. Talk to them about not ever driving drunk or impaired. Even if they screw up and get drunk or high, tell them to call you and you'll come pick them up. Just keep talking to them. Bookmark a website like the NIDA, where teens can get solid information about each drug and what it does. Just say no to painting the internet as a new negative force every parent should fear (it's appropriate to be concerned and engaged, but there is no reason to be afraid) -- especially when it's simply reflecting an issue that's always been around, and if anything, bringing it out of the shadows.

The USA Today story did include this nifty glossary of teen slang around drugs:

Candy flipping: A high by combining LSD or acid with Ecstasy.
Crank: Low-quality crystal methamphetamine.
Crunk(ed): To get high and drunk simultaneously, as in, "Yo, we've got beer and weed. Let's get crunked."
Dank: An especially strong type of marijuana that is sticky and hairy. Also, something really great. "That's some strong dank."
DXM: Dextromethorphan hydrobromide. A drug found in over-the-counter cough medicine, which in large quantities causes hallucinations. "I'm out of weed, let's trip on DXM."
Hotboxed: Smoking marijuana in a confined space so it fills with smoke, as in, "Let's hotbox the car."
Krippy: Highest grade of marijuana
Shake: The end bits of a bag of marijuana. "All I've got left from my stash is some shake."
Skag: Heroin
Skunk: A crossbred type of marijuana.
Triple Cs: Coricidin cough and cold medicine. In large quantities, it causes hallucinations. "I'm out of X, but I've got Triple Cs."
Yay: Cocaine

http://totallywired.ypulse.com/archives/20...tal_fear_ar.php
(#2)
Old
Allen J

Default 06-19-2007, 06:13 PM

"Yo brah last night-tizzle I got mad hyphy with mah krippy, yo G this time let's kickity kick it with some yay, just text the blackberry"

Working at Circuit City the rest of your life is awesome!
(#3)
Old
PsychoHippie Offline
Crazed Counterculturist

My Mood: Sleepy
Default 06-19-2007, 08:00 PM

Quote:
"I'm out of weed, let's trip on DXM."
Because DXM is an undesirable, last-ditch effort to get high in the absence of real drugs.

¶§¥ÇHØ Hζ¶Ø¶ØT@Mܧ
(#4)
Old
Arm Offline
Robotard

Default 06-20-2007, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by PsychoHippo@Jun 19 2007, 06:00 PM
Quote:
"I'm out of weed, let's trip on DXM."
Because DXM is an undesirable, last-ditch effort to get high in the absence of real drugs.
Damn straight. It's like drinking Nyquil WITHOUT the alcohol.
(#5)
Old
UserNOTAbuser Offline

Default 06-25-2007, 11:37 AM

And WITH the fun. Hey hey hey!
(#6)
Old
LysergicAcidDiEthylAmide Offline

My Mood: Tired
Default 08-10-2007, 08:34 PM

hotboxed------ i always called that clam baking

as in "lets clam the car"

which brings me to another thing to mention

for all you pot smokers try this

go into your bathroom close the door put a towel down by the crack if necessary, turn on the shower and the sink as hot as it will get, make sure the window is closed "natrually" and proceed to clambake

"I can live forever if i just do not believe that i can die"
join me on soulseek www.slsknet.org download - latest NS (NS important)
right click room list, create room, "the dextroverse" without the quotes
www.myspace.com/lscrazyd
www.myspace.com/thesecondsin
[email protected]
(#7)
Old
Psychotic Break Offline
Cannabis Connoisseur

My Mood: Relaxed
Default 08-10-2007, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by LysergicAcidDiEthylAmide@Aug 10 2007, 07:34 PM
go into your bathroom close the door put a towel down by the crack if necessary, turn on the shower and the sink as hot as it will get, make sure the window is closed "natrually" and proceed to clambake
That's pretty much the only way I do it any more. Usually though I just turn on the exhaust fan and run a bath. Smoking a blunt in the bath is pretty chill.

Quote:
Krippy: Highest grade of marijuana
Pfft, around here crippie is usually just a step above mids.
(#8)
Old
Madison Young St Jamirez Offline

Default 08-12-2007, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by drdªv€@Jun 19 2007, 10:04 AM
DXM: Dextromethorphan hydrobromide.
dude, polisterex for the WIN.

and why didn't they mention that DXM is what's in 3C?

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

"We've all spent our time freaking 'out'; sooner or later it becomes time to freak 'in.'" - torque

http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/scampi/