The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#1)
Old
drdĒv€

Default 04-28-2006, 01:53 PM

Apr. 28, 2006

While the federal government and several states have cracked down on the building blocks for the production of methamphetamines, there are other over-the- counter medications that provide an easy way to get high.

Dextromethorphan, more commonly known as DXM, is a cough suppressant found in several over-the-counter cough remedies. When consumed in excess, the morphine-based drug produces a hallucinogenic effect. It can also cause seizures, sometimes resulting in death.

"Robo-tripping," a name derived from Robitussin cough medicine, is the shorthand name used by those -- mainly teens -- who engage in the experience of consuming a large amount of DXM.

"It's a cheap way to get the hallucinatory and the sensory effect of PCP," said Gerald A. Maccioli, the chairman of critical care medicine for the American Society of Anesthesiologists. He is the Medical Director of the Medical/Surgical Intensive Care Unit at Rex Healthcare.

Maccioli said that unlike the preparatory work that goes into the production of meth, DXM is an easy and inexpensive way to get high. Meth production involves extracting the drug through a mixture of potentially toxic chemicals and leaves behind a significant amount of dangerous waste.

It's difficult to track the scope of the problem. Emergency room visits for abuse don't raise the same red flags as illegal or prescription drug abuse, Maccioli said.

Coricidin, Vicks NyQuil and Vicks Formula 44 are other common over-the-counter drugs that contain DXM.

Some signs of DXM abuse are high body temperature, dry mouth, blurred vision, hallucinations, delusions, nausea, stomach pains, vomiting, irregular heart beat, high blood pressure, loss of consciousness.

To view a video on DXM from the American Society of Anesthesiologists, visit: www.asahq.org/patient Education/vnr5.htm

http://www.therapeuticsdaily.com/news/arti...le&channelID=30
(#2)
Old
brollie Offline

Default 04-29-2006, 06:35 PM

Uh.... NEW way?
(#3)
Old
Ointment Queen Offline

Default 04-29-2006, 07:09 PM

edit

</span><table border=\'0\' align=\'center\' width=\'95%\' cellpadding=\'3\' cellspacing=\'1\'><tr><td>QUOTE (pattamus @ Sep 25 2006, 05:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id=\'QUOTE\'> And you're right, I don't know you. And don't want to. </td></tr></table><span class=\'signature\'>
(#4)
Old
waiting4nirvana Offline

Default 04-29-2006, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by drdĒv€@Apr 28 2006, 12:53 PM
When consumed in excess, the morphine-based drug produces a hallucinogenic effect.
I dont know much about chemistry, so can someone who knows a think or two about it tell me whether DXM really is morphine based, or is this just bullshit?

<span style=\'color:green\'><span style=\'font-size:14pt;line-height:100%\'>"Following the path of least resistance makes rivers and men crooked"
-Unknown</span></span>

<span style=\'color:blue\'><span style=\'font-size:14pt;line-height:100%\'>"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genious has its limits."
-Albert Einstein</span></span>

(#5)
Old
RoboBoy Offline

Default 04-29-2006, 08:21 PM

yes, the -orphan ending stands for morphine, its a morphanine

-For every burst of joy comes a blast of fate-

"Is ketamine illegal?" -Identity concealed for personal safety.
(#6)
Old
rabit Offline
In the Alembic

Default 04-29-2006, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by drdĒv€@Apr 28 2006, 12:53 PM

To view a video on DXM from the American Society of Anesthesiologists, visit: www.asahq.org/patient Education/vnr5.htm

Under which part I cant find ?
(#7)
Old
Tyutchev Offline
Book and Gun

Default 04-29-2006, 11:19 PM

Well, that article was pretty factual.

this is not a quote by polio vaccine
(#8)
Old
rabit Offline
In the Alembic

Default 04-29-2006, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tyutchev@Apr 29 2006, 10:19 PM
no bro I mean Which video is it on the web sight
(#9)
Old
Tyutchev Offline
Book and Gun

Default 04-29-2006, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rabit+Apr 29 2006, 10:25 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rabit @ Apr 29 2006, 10:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Tyutchev@Apr 29 2006, 10:19 PM
no bro I mean Which video is it on the web sight [/b][/quote]
lol dude I wasn't responding to you, I was commenting on the article. :P

this is not a quote by polio vaccine
(#10)
Old
rabit Offline
In the Alembic

Default 04-29-2006, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tyutchev+Apr 29 2006, 10:51 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Tyutchev @ Apr 29 2006, 10:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by -rabit@Apr 29 2006, 10:25 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Tyutchev
Quote:
@Apr 29 2006, 10:19 PM

no bro I mean Which video is it on the web sight
lol dude I wasn't responding to you, I was commenting on the article. :P [/b][/quote]
ahh yes the dose is kicking in heavily. !!!!!!!