The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#11)
Old
Our Lady of Infinite Space Offline
your mom

Default 02-10-2006, 02:17 PM

Quote:
"Maybe I'm a crackpot, but almost every tragic / violent DXM news article I've read on this forum has involved the abuse of ccc's."
Quote:
Once again, another fatality / violent act involving DXM, based upon the use of Coricidin Cough and Cold, is anyone else beginning to see a trend here?

"As anesthesiologists, we want to help family members not only recognize the signs of Robo tripping but also to ensure that children are aware of the danger inherent in this type of drug abuse."
(#12)
Old
Monoliath Offline
Tryptogryphic Time-Keeper

My Mood: Yeehaw
Default 02-10-2006, 02:24 PM

The article doesn't state that he had ingested any other substance between when he ate all those 'skittles' and the stabbing took place. I understand what you're pointing out though. I am tripping over my own semantics

I mean, it is indeed an 'assumption' but couldn't one say that his use of coricidin may have been directly involved when it comes to trying to figure out why / what his influence was, when he stabbed the other kid?

"As the bonds of flesh are broken, the world becomes apparent"
(#13)
Old
Our Lady of Infinite Space Offline
your mom

Default 02-10-2006, 02:30 PM

It's possible certainly, but I haven't seen any evidence to substantiate that idea.

For all we know, this kid had long-standing problems with his "friend," had been planning on killing him for a while, and just decided to dex before doing "the deed." We don't know, and pretending that we do isn't harm reduction.

"As anesthesiologists, we want to help family members not only recognize the signs of Robo tripping but also to ensure that children are aware of the danger inherent in this type of drug abuse."
(#14)
Old
Monoliath Offline

Default 02-10-2006, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Walkaway@Feb 10 2006, 01:30 PM
It's possible certainly, but I haven't seen any evidence to substantiate that idea.

For all we know, this kid had long-standing problems with his "friend," had been planning on killing him for a while, and just decided to dex before doing "the deed." We don't know, and pretending that we do isn't harm reduction.
You are right.

In a sense, making that kind assumption is just like the media 'blaming' the drugs for his actions.

I totally smell watcha smokin'.

You should be a lawyer

(#15)
Old
brollie Offline

Default 02-10-2006, 10:26 PM

A certain percentage of people are murderers, and a certain percentage of people are dexers.
Naturally the two categories will overlap.
I agree that we need more evidence before blaming the drug for the murder.
(#16)
Old
the_phoenix Offline

Default 02-10-2006, 10:44 PM

I hope I'm not a murderer. :/
(#17)
Old
cakedrink Offline
In Memory Of...

Default 02-11-2006, 07:25 AM

They won't ever get it banned in our lifetime, I'm not worried at all.

Same thing every time see lsd didn't have its backing in drugs as dxm has in cough products. dxm is a trillion dollar indursty like oil or cigarettes, you just can't go without the profit and especially the taxes and the government wont.

Our founding fathers smoked it pure.

Where could the get funding of such a large scale for the wars we fight without selling massive amounts of drugs. We fund opium plantations in afghanistan right now. There really is nothing to worry about. :chug:
(#18)
Old
Tyutchev Offline
Book and Gun

Default 02-11-2006, 08:04 AM

DXM will be banned one day. Strong opiates such as heroin used to be in cough medicines. As soon as a powerful mind-expander like DXM comes to serious national attention the government will take action; same as what happened with LSD. I'm positive DXM will not remain legal forever. It's already becoming harder and harder to buy robo, most of the people I know agree.

this is not a quote by polio vaccine
(#19)
Old
Monoliath Offline

Default 02-11-2006, 08:53 AM

It's not going to be that simple: there is an incredible amount of stipulations within the law surrounding DXM (at least in the USA, don't know about 'down unda' Tyutch), as far as it becoming a scheduled substance, which is very interesting indeed.

(#20)
Old
DarkStar Offline

Default 02-11-2006, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tyutchev@Feb 11 2006, 07:04 AM
DXM will be banned one day. Strong opiates such as heroin used to be in cough medicines. As soon as a powerful mind-expander like DXM comes to serious national attention the government will take action; same as what happened with LSD. I'm positive DXM will not remain legal forever. It's already becoming harder and harder to buy robo, most of the people I know agree.
here's the thing though. EVERY other drug that sucessfully suppresses coughs is considered "worse" by the goverment (codiene, hydrocodone etc.) i don't think a non psychoactive cough suppressant that works well actually exists. As for me, i'd rather be able to get OTC Hydrocodone syrup and have to get a script for dex from my MD. He's script happy anyway, he'd write it in a second. Dex will never be illegal completely. Maybe in 20 years it might be Rx only, but anyone with a cough or the ability to fake one will be able to get a script. MDs will hand it out like they do SSRIs (blech....)

Taking drugs in a cave with people you met over the internet is what the Dextroverse is all about- Colaaltdelete