The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#11)
Old
rfgdxm Offline

Default 08-28-2005, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by drdĒv€@Aug 27 2005, 02:24 PM
nbc4i.com
POSTED: 1:55 pm EDT August 24, 2005
UPDATED: 2:38 pm EDT August 24, 2005

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- A local mother is making it her mission to keep children from getting too familiar with cough medicine.

Misty Fetko lost her 18-year-old son, Carl Hennon, two years ago. He overdosed on Dextromethorphan, the active ingredient in many cough and cold medicines.

The biggest problem is that cough syrup is readily available over the counter.

Another complication is that many adults don't know the medicine has grown popular among teens. That's why Fetko is talking about her loss.

Fetko is writing articles on DXM use for law enforcement magazines. She is talking to students and parents about the dangers and is also training health professionals on spotting abuse.

She plans to lobby Ohio lawmakers to regulate the sales of medicine that include DXM.

http://www.nbc4i.com/health/4891151/detail.html
I probably shouldn't post this, but don't believe everything you read. I have in my files the coroner's report of Carl Hennon. He did not die of a DXM OD. He did die of a drug OD, but the tox results showed only an amount of DXM consistent with taking as directed on the package. For that reason I didn't include his death on my website. I don't understand why Ms. Fetko is singling out DXM. If she is doing such visible lobbying, I'm afraid I may have to do my own news report setting the record straight. And this isn't just speculation on my part; it is based on a full autopsy report. I even called the coroner long distance and spoke direct with him to clarify exactly what was in the tox results to make sure I was reading them right.

http://www.dextromethorphan.ws/
http://www.coricidin.org/
(#12)
Old
strange_r

Default 08-28-2005, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by nu_@Aug 27 2005, 11:13 PM
The only doors I've ever seen anyone open from using alcohol are stupidity, violence, and ignorance. No drug has ever made me feel as stupid as alcohol. I've never gained any insight from using it, and never felt anything but stupid from using it.
I'll repeat; if you can't handle it, don't use it.

By the way, no drug has made me feel as stupid as marijuana.
(#13)
Old
Shadow Offline

Default 08-28-2005, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rfgdxm+Aug 27 2005, 09:48 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rfgdxm @ Aug 27 2005, 09:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--drdĒv€@Aug 27 2005, 02:24 PM
nbc4i.com
POSTED: 1:55 pm EDT August 24, 2005
UPDATED: 2:38 pm EDT August 24, 2005

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- A local mother is making it her mission to keep children from getting too familiar with cough medicine.

Misty Fetko lost her 18-year-old son, Carl Hennon, two years ago. He overdosed on Dextromethorphan, the active ingredient in many cough and cold medicines.

The biggest problem is that cough syrup is readily available over the counter.

Another complication is that many adults don't know the medicine has grown popular among teens. That's why Fetko is talking about her loss.

Fetko is writing articles on DXM use for law enforcement magazines. She is talking to students and parents about the dangers and is also training health professionals on spotting abuse.

She plans to lobby Ohio lawmakers to regulate the sales of medicine that include DXM.

http://www.nbc4i.com/health/4891151/detail.html
I probably shouldn't post this, but don't believe everything you read. I have in my files the coroner's report of Carl Hennon. He did not die of a DXM OD. He did die of a drug OD, but the tox results showed only an amount of DXM consistent with taking as directed on the package. For that reason I didn't include his death on my website. I don't understand why Ms. Fetko is singling out DXM. If she is doing such visible lobbying, I'm afraid I may have to do my own news report setting the record straight. And this isn't just speculation on my part; it is based on a full autopsy report. I even called the coroner long distance and spoke direct with him to clarify exactly what was in the tox results to make sure I was reading them right. [/b][/quote]
do it! do it! do it! put your ass into it!

(#14)
Old
Arm Offline
Robotard

Default 08-28-2005, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rfgdxm@Aug 27 2005, 10:48 PM
I probably shouldn't post this, but don't believe everything you read. I have in my files the coroner's report of Carl Hennon. He did not die of a DXM OD. He did die of a drug OD, but the tox results showed only an amount of DXM consistent with taking as directed on the package. For that reason I didn't include his death on my website. I don't understand why Ms. Fetko is singling out DXM. If she is doing such visible lobbying, I'm afraid I may have to do my own news report setting the record straight. And this isn't just speculation on my part; it is based on a full autopsy report. I even called the coroner long distance and spoke direct with him to clarify exactly what was in the tox results to make sure I was reading them right.
Do it Bob. Call the papers and make yourself famous! Then one day the mainstream will call you the Great DXM Guru. Or something like that. :thumbsup:
(#15)
Old
rfgdxm Offline

Default 08-28-2005, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Arm@Aug 28 2005, 08:18 PM
Do it Bob. Call the papers and make yourself famous! Then one day the mainstream will call you the Great DXM Guru. Or something like that. :thumbsup:
Best I just ignore this, and hope it goes away. I already dominate the Internet when it comes to DXM. It ain't like I need visibility.

http://www.dextromethorphan.ws/
http://www.coricidin.org/
(#16)
Old
n__u Offline
the PCP shaman

Default 08-29-2005, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by butterfly_brain+Aug 28 2005, 07:13 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (butterfly_brain @ Aug 28 2005, 07:13 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--nu_@Aug 27 2005, 11:13 PM
The only doors I've ever seen anyone open from using alcohol are stupidity, violence, and ignorance. No drug has ever made me feel as stupid as alcohol. I've never gained any insight from using it, and never felt anything but stupid from using it.
I'll repeat; if you can't handle it, don't use it.

By the way, no drug has made me feel as stupid as marijuana. [/b][/quote]
Well, everyone reacts differently. Alcohol alone just sends me into a tired stupor in which I don't feel like doing anything that would actually require thinking. As for marijuana, well, I get very inspired and write a lot on it. Marijuana is a great tool for mind-expansion.

Everyone's different I guess.
(#17)
Old
strange_r

Default 08-29-2005, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by nu_@Aug 29 2005, 12:45 AM
Well, everyone reacts differently. Alcohol alone just sends me into a tired stupor in which I don't feel like doing anything that would actually require thinking. As for marijuana, well, I get very inspired and write a lot on it. Marijuana is a great tool for mind-expansion.

Everyone's different I guess.
Agreed.