The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#1)
Old
drdªv€

Default 08-22-2005, 08:04 PM

The use of legal substance to get high is not a new problem among our teenage population, but now they are finding new resources to do it with.

Some teens use belts or sashes to cut off their air supply, then they let go just before they pass out, to give themselves a high from the oxygen rush. This is called the “choking game.” Another method, called “dusting,” involves inhaling canned computer cleaner. Teens may think there is just air in the can, but in fact, the propellant can be deadly.

"I'm not a savvy person, but judging by the things that I've seen some of the kids look up on their computer, yeah, I'd say that [substances are] more accessible now,” said Christopher Pryor, with the Springs P.D.

Teens are also doing something called “skittling.” They abuse dextromethorphan, the common ingredient in cough suppressants. They take handfuls of pills of Coricidin HBP to get high. The abuse gets its name because the pills look like the candy Skittles.

Police say the best way to prevent all three, is to talk to your kids about the dangers of getting high.

http://www.koaa.com/news/view.asp?ID=3926
(#2)
Old
Shadow Offline

Default 08-22-2005, 11:20 PM

Quote:

...the dangers of getting high...

(#3)
Old
Gustavo Offline

Default 08-23-2005, 01:47 PM

Jeeze, rediculous stuff
Quote:
Some teens use belts or sashes to cut off their air supply, then they let go just before they pass out, to give themselves a high from the oxygen rush. This is called the “choking game.”
Never seen people do this or even heard bout it till now. Tisk tisk tisk to these youngins. Though teens are trouble. I remember my days of yore were dumb filled days too.
(#4)
Old
silent voice of seduction Offline
Restricted

Default 08-23-2005, 02:38 PM

I am SO fucking sick of these dumbass ever-gloomy "news" "articles".
(#5)
Old
cakedrink Offline
In Memory Of...

Default 08-25-2005, 10:07 AM

Air Duster is better then diphenhydramine.
(#6)
Old
Monoliath Offline
Tryptogryphic Time-Keeper

My Mood: Yeehaw
Default 08-25-2005, 10:28 AM

What cracks me up is that there seems to be almost no focus within the media on WHY kids want to be getting so fucked up on stupid shit, the ignorant way (such as CCC'S), as there is on HOW they are, and HOW to stop it.

People do drugs to expand their minds because this pragmatic reality, and society are insufficient and is spiritually lacking IMO.

I guess that would take far too much effort, and the media nor the general public honestly care about the root of the problem....

OH YEAH: My dad told me about a trick he and his friends use to do when they were younger; when you're smoking pot, hyperventilate yourself by breathing in deep and fast a whole bunch of times, then have someone hug you really tight, he said you pass out, but when you wake up, it's a hell of a dream-state like trip. (Sounds like a recipe for an aneurysm to me...)

"As the bonds of flesh are broken, the world becomes apparent"
(#7)
Old
cakedrink Offline
In Memory Of...

Default 08-25-2005, 12:20 PM

Even when you aren't smoking herb that can be good. If you bend over and hyperventilate fast and deep for around 30 seconds (or until you start feeling lightheaded) you can raise up and put right hand palm to right neck and left to left and hold your breath you can make yourself pass out, just stand in front of a couch or bed for a soft land.
(#8)
Old
Spazebar Offline

Default 08-26-2005, 04:21 AM

There were alot of guys this summer during baic training that were getting high that way. They would bend down hyperventalate then have two other guys press into his chest hard. I didn't have the balls to try but they said it was good. Might try as pretty stoned now. . .
(#9)
Old
hometoys Offline

Default 08-27-2005, 04:41 AM

Quote:
are also doing something called “skittling.”
Yet again more references toward skittling yet I haven't heard the word used once yet!

One day we will eliminate our territorial circuits
(#10)
Old
silent voice of seduction Offline
Restricted

Default 08-27-2005, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by cmj2k2@Aug 27 2005, 03:41 AM
Quote:
are also doing something called “skittling.”
Yet again more references toward skittling yet I haven't heard the word used once yet!
Alas, the word has probably reached its critical mass in the media. From now on, no reporter writing about CCC can afford to skip inserting this vital piece of non-information.