The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#1)
Old
drdĒv€

Default 12-08-2004, 12:48 AM

DEXTROMETHORPHAN ABUSE: The AMA passed new policy in response to public health concerns on the abuse of dextromethorphan (DXM), the active ingredient in over-the-counter cough and cold syrups. The AMA recommended that the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) consider taking actions against those who buy bulk quantities of DXM, particularly over the Interne, and supported legislation that would prohibit the sale of over-the-counter products to minors. The AMA will also help publicize educational efforts and resources on DXM abuse by the Consumer Healthcare Products Association and the Partnership for a Drug Free America.
Link:
http://releases.usnewswire.com/GetRelease.asp?id=40424
(#2)
Old
rfgdxm Offline

Default 12-10-2004, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by drdĒv€@Dec 8 2004, 12:48 AM
The AMA will also help publicize educational efforts and resources on DXM abuse by the Consumer Healthcare Products Association and the Partnership for a Drug Free America.
Unfortunate for the AMA that the websites of the Consumer Healthcare Products Association and the Partnership for a Drug Free America are buried behind mine in every search engine worth mentioning. I do professional SEO, and if you want my services I ain't cheap. People (in this case concerned parents, kids, whatever) just first go to the highest ranking relevant sites. The main effect of the AMA publicizing DXM abuse is it will increase hits to my sites. And Erowid will pick up most of the slack. The PFDA can buy all the Google Adwords they want for their anti-DXM sites. Most everyone using Google looks first to the left and the natural SERPs.

http://www.dextromethorphan.ws/
http://www.coricidin.org/
(#3)
Old
libel Offline
Moderated Poster

My Mood: Brooding
Default 12-10-2004, 05:01 AM

i knew it..
(#4)
Old
kilo Offline

Default 12-10-2004, 01:29 PM

don't take my dex!

of chaos, of insanity
(#5)
Old
silent voice of seduction Offline
Restricted

Default 12-10-2004, 01:32 PM

"Partnership for a Drug Free America" - how smart to name an organisation after an utterly unattainable goal.
(#6)
Old
HeadOnAStick Offline

Default 12-10-2004, 01:38 PM

Times like these I love Canada Just send your robogels this way, you won't be needing them.. Don't forget the Zicam and the Dexalone... You can have the sucrets, we don't want them anymore.

Love from Loh

Mister Loh will you sing to me?
Contact with nature, that's very very important. Everybody in society today is so busy busy busy, there's no time to talk to yourself, and to talk to the nature
(#7)
Old
EternalMetal Offline

Default 12-11-2004, 09:31 PM

So they are gonna crack down on people who buy powder? That sucks, cause when im out at college thats what i was gonna do. but im gonna study pharmaceuticals, so i might get away with it :P

R.I.P. Dad, October 27, 2007 "Will NEVER Forget"