The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#1)
Old
void Offline
The Driver of the Shortbus

My Mood: Flirty
Default 09-28-2004, 11:27 PM

"Psychedelic drugs are inching their way slowly but surely toward prescription status in the United States, thanks to a group of persistent scientists who believe drugs like ecstasy and psilocybin can help people with terminal cancer, obsessive-compulsive disorder and post-traumatic stress disorder, to name just a few.

The Heffter Research Institute, the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies and others have managed to persuade the Food and Drug Administration to approve a handful of clinical trials using psychedelics. The movement seems to be gaining ground in recent years. Since 2001, the FDA and the Drug Enforcement Administration have given the go-ahead to three clinical trials testing psychedelics on symptomatic patients, and several more are on deck.

Today's the Day. Doctors who saw their patients benefit from psychedelic drugs back when they were legal are dedicated to jumping through bureaucratic hoops and diminishing the drugs' party stigma to get psychedelics in patients' hands, and brains.

"I'm interested in the treatment being available to people who need it, and doing it aboveboard and publishing good results," said George Greer, founder of the Heffter Research Institute, a scientific organization that organizes and funds trials involving psychedelics.

At first blush, it seems like an uphill battle more challenging than the one medical-marijuana advocates have been facing. MDMA has been vilified by the National Institute on Drug Abuse and in news stories, making it seem unlikely that federal agencies will ever allow the legal use of psychedelics. " Continued...

Full Article Here

me -><-assholes
(#2)
Old
Christopher Offline

Default 09-28-2004, 11:54 PM

WOW!!!

It's about time. :thumbsup:

<span style=\'font-size:10pt;line-height:100%\'><span style=\'color:red\'>"If you take shelter in my Word...you will come to know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free."</span>
~~~Jesus Christ (John 8:31-32)
</span>

<span style=\'font-size:10pt;line-height:100%\'><span style=\'colorurple\'>For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there I AM in the midst of them.</span>
~~~Jesus Christ (Matthew 18:20)
</span>

<span style=\'font-size:10pt;line-height:100%\'>http://magusphoenix.tripod.com</span>
(#3)
Old
jersey_emt Offline
All-Seeing Moderator

Default 09-29-2004, 02:08 PM

Wonderful news.

Opioid users: Please check out both Opioficionado and Opiophile, harm reduction forums for opioids.

"It hjas oh sthi my ex wfe"
    -Bhikku

"The religion of one age is the literary entertainment of the next."
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson
(#4)
Old
Ahhhh Tahh Offline

Default 09-29-2004, 02:46 PM

thats fucking awesome :thumbsup:

---
stupidpunker88 is no more............Ahhhh_Tahh is born!

---------

<span style=\'colorurple\'>My freind on the phone, high as shit:

"Im writing a new song, its called I wanna fuck my guardian angel"</span>

-------------------

mmmm... i love teh tweak
(#5)
Old
qwerty Offline

Default 10-02-2004, 10:24 PM

Sweet dude, I have obsessive compulsive disorder!!! w00t!! :thumbsup:

<span style=\'color:blue\'>The secret of life is to know thyself -socrates-

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.~ - Sir Winston Churchill</span> -
(#6)
Old
Shameful Offline

Default 10-02-2004, 10:49 PM

I too have a fairly bad case of OCD. Can't wait 'til I can pick me up a script for some MDMA and some mushies.

Emo – short for "emotional' – is a fashion and music style associated with gothic and punk subcultures, often stereotyped by assymetrical fringes and skinny black jeans.
(#7)
Old
libel Offline
Moderated Poster

My Mood: Brooding
Default 10-03-2004, 01:16 AM

check into dr. straussmans push and research in this field, you'd be glad to know there are people in high places pushing for this..
(#8)
Old
FNORD Offline

Default 10-03-2004, 09:38 PM

:O

:thumbsup:

"Just as sunlight obscures the stars by day,
so does wakefulness blind us to the fact that we are still dreaming."
- Peter J. Carroll, Liber Kaos

"Do I look like someone who cares what God thinks?"
-Pinhead
(#9)
Old
Midknight Offline

Default 10-04-2004, 05:49 AM

If anything, the prescriptions will probably not be used unsupervised (as if you don't already do that hahaha)
I mean, they will do that sort of, psychiatrist thing with you, not you take your daily shrooms in the morning to alleviate your OCD :P

But hey, once they are prescribafied, they can make medical shrooms and peyote legal, maybe even have a exstacy lab in your own home(thats pushing it WAYYYYYYYYY far but hey! Who knows?!)

X is the devil in disguise

(#10)
Old
vapor Offline
IRC Operators

Default 10-04-2004, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Midknight@Oct 4 2004, 04:49 AM
If anything, the prescriptions will probably not be used unsupervised (as if you don't already do that hahaha)
I mean, they will do that sort of, psychiatrist thing with you, not you take your daily shrooms in the morning to alleviate your OCD :P

But hey, once they are prescribafied, they can make medical shrooms and peyote legal, maybe even have a exstacy lab in your own home(thats pushing it WAYYYYYYYYY far but hey! Who knows?!)

X is the devil in disguise
MDx is a wonderful drug if used properly. Its not the devil at all. :thumbsup:

also, I doubt they will ever be allowed to do clinical trial with mescaline (peyote) in the future, same with LSD.

Leary set us back almost 30 years, of course thats my opinion, alot of people object to this. Then again im a fan of huxley (competant research) and hubbard just because the guy was so cool. So whatever, imma hypocryt :thumbsup: