The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#1)
Old
PeoplesMind Offline
Retired mods

Default 09-23-2004, 06:34 PM

DXM Dangers

Quiz yourself on what you know about DXM, and meet a teen who's fighting to stay clean.

Sometimes too much of a good thing can harm you. More emergency centers around the country are seeing signs of a new kind of drug abuse. Teens are taking massive amounts of common over-the-counter medication in an attempt to get high-- and risking their lives as a result.

Dextromethorphan, or DXM, is a substance found in common cough and cold medications sold without prescriptions in pharmacies and supermarkets. Sometimes called "robotripping," "skittling" or "robo-ing," abusers ingest more than the recommended dosage for a high that comes with dangerous side effects. Click on the buttons above to find out what you know about DXM and get one teen's story.

-
http://www.channelone.com/news/2004/09/22/dxm/

One Teen's Story
#5 - I looked terrible.

I used to look nice, and wear colors like pink and purple. Then I started wearing all black, baggy clothes. I didn't care what I looked like and had a real tough-girl attitude.

#4 - My grades dropped.

I used to get really good grades, but after I got into drugs, I didn't care about school anymore. I'd skip class and stuff, and my grades just went down.

#3 - I lost my personality.

I used to be such a goody-goody, and really sort of quiet. Then when I started taking drugs, I got really crazy. I'd talk back to teachers and get kicked out of class.

#2 - My nice friends bailed.

All my friends changed. I used to be friends with all the preppy girls. But then I started hanging with more druggie people-- and hanging out with a lot of guys who weren't good for me.

#1 - I had no future.

When I was on drugs, all I could see myself doing was being high all the time-- that's where I saw myself. No future. Now that I'm clean, I really want to do something to help animals-- I'd like to join the Peace Corps or Americorps someday.

- - - - -

[Note : I urge everyone of you to TAKE THE QUIZ. I got 8 of 10 correct. Out of those I got wrong, the questions themselves are wrong in many cases. (Ie DXM may be safe to use above the reccomended dosage, instead of 'The FDA says no drug is safe above the doseage they say.'--which is, of course, wrong... Oh yes, DXM doesn't cause you to loose the ability to walk--they make it sound like permanant paralysis the first time]

-Nitin

<span style=\'font-family:Arial\'>
<span style=\'color:green\'>(Forum PM, IRC)
Dextroverse Administrator</span></span>
(#2)
Old
dawhiterabbit Offline

Default 09-23-2004, 06:59 PM

i got a 7 out of 10

http://www.myspace.com/dawhiterabbit
(#3)
Old
chris hansen Offline

Default 09-23-2004, 07:15 PM

I got a 9 out of 10, but only because i know their bullshit. I watched this crap in school today and almost fell out of my chair laughing.

a fortuitous correspondence of circumstance.
(#4)
Old
vapor Offline
IRC Operators

Default 09-23-2004, 07:21 PM

Quote:
I used to look nice, and wear colors like pink and purple. Then I started wearing all black, baggy clothes. I didn't care what I looked like and had a real tough-girl attitude.
We use to call girls that acted and dressed like that bitches, and maybe dykes depending on their "company". Time shure has changed hasnt it?

Well I will probubly take the quiz later, I really had enough of this type of bullshit when I took the "marijuana quiz" and failed it utterly.

Then again they did give me queastions like: "will marijuana make me have parinoid hallucinations from just one joint?"

(#5)
Old
thomasKMFDM Offline
Lead Administrators

Default 09-23-2004, 07:37 PM

I got a 10 out of 10 as I could tell the answers they wanted based on the question.

<lucid|ril|aniracetam> " identify your personal god to help you master your horrible disease, junkie "

<lHunter_S_Thompson> but hey who needs facts when your in the global warming eugenics jihad

Wall graffiti in the Paris student uprising in in the late 60s:
"I CAN'T BELIEVE PEOPLE ARE STILL CHRISTIANS"

http://myspace.com/thomaskmfdm
(#6)
Old
Walkaway Offline
Alpha Nerd

Default 09-23-2004, 07:51 PM

I knew the answers they wanted, but often couldn't bring myself to give the bastards their hearts' desire.

Many of the questions, while technically true, have the potential of being extremely misleading to the drug-naive citizen.

"He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night and the storm in the heart of the sun. He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and can see the turn of the universe, and...he's wonderful."
(#7)
Old
vapor Offline
IRC Operators

Default 09-23-2004, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by GARBAGECANJUNKIE@Sep 23 2004, 06:51 PM
I knew the answers they wanted, but often couldn't bring myself to give the bastards their hearts' desire.

Many of the questions, while technically true, have the potential of being extremely misleading to the drug-naive citizen.
yeah same here. I took the quiz and ended up with a 5 out of 5.

Alot of the answers were so clean cut, IMO there was no answer. And alot were obviously sabotaged so their were no comprimised answers.

(#8)
Old
dawhiterabbit Offline

Default 09-23-2004, 09:18 PM

Quote:
GARBAGECANJUNKIE Posted on Sep 23 2004, 06:51 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
yeah i did the same i answered truthfully not what they wanted

http://www.myspace.com/dawhiterabbit
(#9)
Old
LokitheEnigma Offline

Default 09-23-2004, 11:42 PM

I got a 7 out of 10, since I refuse to give them what they want tohear . . .I never have problems walking on DXM, among other bogus questions . . . ugh, and oh no! my god, I wear all black now, eek! NO ONE WILL LIKE ME ANYMORE! PLEASE SOMEONE TURN ME BACK INTO A MINDLESS DESIGNER CLOTHING WHORE DRONE, it's just so much easier when you're a ditz.

The Unholy Trinity of 80's-kid Bizzarro Children's Fantasy Films
1. Labyrinth
2. Legend (or The Neverending Story if you're grinningdemon)
3. The Dark Crystal

"The Tussin Tactical Team, The TTT, Husseling stolen Pokemon cards for drugs since 2000something"

-Snarkbot
(#10)
Old
ZenRaver Offline

Default 09-24-2004, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by PeoplesMind@Sep 23 2004, 04:34 PM
I used to look nice, and wear colors like pink and purple. Then I started wearing all black, baggy clothes.
Bad ass! Sounds like a massive step upwards to me.

Quote:
I used to get really good grades, but after I got into drugs, I didn't care about school anymore. I'd skip class and stuff, and my grades just went down.
Maybe she realized there were better things to be doing that sitting in a neat row being turned into a good little consumer by a constant wave of government propaganda, 90% of which has no relevance on life?

Quote:
I used to be such a goody-goody, and really sort of quiet. Then when I started taking drugs, I got really crazy. I'd talk back to teachers and get kicked out of class.
Um.. so? Many teachers are power-tripping control freaks. Props to her if she worked up the balls to show it to them.

Quote:
All my friends changed. I used to be friends with all the preppy girls. But then I started hanging with more druggie people-- and hanging out with a lot of guys who weren't good for me.
Again, sounds like a major step up. I've found druggies tend to be a lot friendlier and more open-minded than preppies.

Quote:
When I was on drugs, all I could see myself doing was being high all the time-- that's where I saw myself. No future. Now that I'm clean, I really want to do something to help animals-- I'd like to join the Peace Corps or Americorps someday.
Mmm... high. Not that being high precludes helping animals.

<span style=\'font-size:11pt;line-height:100%\'>let This go.</span>

Nothing is Impossible - Reality is Infinite - All is One.
Nothing is True - Everything is Permitted.
PEACE ~ LOVE ~ UNITY ~ RESPECT

"Nietzsche predicted that if we survived the process of destroying all interpretations of the world (nihilism), we could then perhaps discover the correct course for humankind. I believe that Buddhism is just the tool to help do that, not because it explains 'why it's all pointless and empty,' but because it shows that being empty is not pointless, and that the feelings of existential despair are really artifacts of a misperception of the true nature of self." --Perry

<span style=\'font-size:14pt;line-height:100%\'>Zen Meditation: Daily use has been clinically proven to relieve depression and anxiety!</span>
Side effects may include:
spontaneous spiritual development, resolution of mental problems, unending bliss, satori enlightenment