The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#1)
Old
PeoplesMind Offline
Retired mods

Default 08-09-2003, 09:20 PM

Retailers are adding Coricidin HBP, an over-the-counter cough and cold medicine, to their list of drugs to closely monitor after two Merrill 20-year-olds overdosed on the drug Thursday.

Area grocery stores and pharmacies began restricting the sale of Dramamine by keeping the over-the-counter drug behind service desks in March after the Merrill Police Department investigated a case in which two teenage girls took large doses of the motion sickness medicine to get a hallucinogenic high.

And on Thursday, officers responded to two calls, one at 8:30 a.m. and one at noon, in which two 20-year-olds, who were friends, were taken to the hospital after ingesting at least 32 tablets of Coricidin each, said Lt. Ned Seubert of the Merrill Police Department.

"People have been taking the drugs off of the shelves to get high," he said. "It is unbelievable." Coricidin contains dextromethorphan, or DXM, which is often used to get high, but is dangerous in large doses and can result in death, according to the Drug Enforcement Administration Web site.

"The way things are going, everything will have to be put behind the counter, it seems," Bonnell said.

READ THE ARTICLE : http://www.wausaudailyherald.com/wdhlocal/...215968941.shtml

<span style=\'font-family:Arial\'>
<span style=\'color:green\'>(Forum PM, IRC)
Dextroverse Administrator</span></span>
(#2)
Old
void Offline
The Driver of the Shortbus

My Mood: Flirty
Default 08-09-2003, 09:27 PM

Damnit nitin. You beat me to posting a news article once again :P .

me -><-assholes
(#3)
Old
PeoplesMind Offline
Retired mods

Default 08-09-2003, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Void@Aug 9 2003, 07:27 PM
Damnit nitin. You beat me to posting a news article once again :P .
LOL

next time ill wait 24hours or so before posting an article..

peace,
Nitin

(#4)
Old
void Offline
The Driver of the Shortbus

My Mood: Flirty
Default 08-09-2003, 09:33 PM

Haha no need. I just need to check google more often

me -><-assholes
(#5)
Old
5-MeO-ECO Offline
Retired mods

Default 08-10-2003, 01:23 AM

Cool, two less morons.

btw, there was an e-mail provided with that article. Did you take the appropriate steps in informing the author of the article about her minor story errors?

<span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\'>"Unlike food, drink or sex, the experience of pleasure itself exhibits no tolerance, even though our innumerable objects of desire certainly do. Thus we can eventually get bored of anything - with a single exception. Stimulation of the pleasure-centres of the brain never palls. Fire them in the right way, and boredom is neurochemically impossible."
"Electrical stimulation of the mesolimbic dopamine system is more intensely rewarding than eating, drinking, and love-making; and it never gets in the slightest a bit tedious. It stays exhilarating."

-"Wirehead Hedonism" [http://wireheading.com/index.html]
</span>
(#6)
Old
PeoplesMind Offline
Retired mods

Default 08-10-2003, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 5-MeO-ECO@Aug 9 2003, 11:23 PM
Cool, two less morons.

btw, there was an e-mail provided with that article. Did you take the appropriate steps in informing the author of the article about her minor story errors?
Nope, i haven't. Would you be so kind?

For the record post a copy here too.

peace,
Nitin

(#7)
Old
criminal

Default 08-10-2003, 02:40 AM

I wouldn't mind all DXM products being behind the counter, it would probably slow this flood of bad media coverage to a trickle.
(#8)
Old
5-MeO-ECO Offline
Retired mods

Default 08-10-2003, 04:00 PM

Yeah, I might. I have one reply half written from last night. Just gotta get up the motivation to finish and send it.

<span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\'>"Unlike food, drink or sex, the experience of pleasure itself exhibits no tolerance, even though our innumerable objects of desire certainly do. Thus we can eventually get bored of anything - with a single exception. Stimulation of the pleasure-centres of the brain never palls. Fire them in the right way, and boredom is neurochemically impossible."
"Electrical stimulation of the mesolimbic dopamine system is more intensely rewarding than eating, drinking, and love-making; and it never gets in the slightest a bit tedious. It stays exhilarating."

-"Wirehead Hedonism" [http://wireheading.com/index.html]
</span>
(#9)
Old
djcritter

Default 08-11-2003, 11:51 AM

and dont forget to STRESS that dxm doesnt kill people, people kill people!