The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#11)
Old
Dekko Tei'moku Offline
(ΘェΘ) Av̀e̴ Sat͡a̸ni̵!̢

My Mood: Dead
Default 11-03-2010, 03:22 PM

I don't think that they purposely used quinidine to curb abuse, because nobody knows what in the hell that is, and nobody is going to care (silly abusers who don't pay any mind to what they're putting in their body). This is most definitely a way to keep the DXM in the bloodstream longer, while significantly deducing the effects of the actual dose...much like polysistrex.

But here's my next inquiry...if the dose used in Nuedexta is much lower than that of the permadexers on this site, then why are the permadexers dosing so high? This PBA sounds rather serious and if it can be taken care of by a small about of DXM....then I wonder if the same could be done for you people.

N̶̠̤̮̜̹̰͙ͨͤ̂ͧ͐̒͌͋͜A̿͛́͟ͅZ̵̡͇̘̹̄̑͌I̴̼̜̼ͧ̇͝ ̷̛̞̝ͦ͋͊̓̐ͥ̅ͦ̑͠A̭̣̫̯͂̇͘͟R̛̯͚͔̻͂̂͆M̧̲̹̰̉̌͂̂ ̶̖͎͖͈̠͇̬̱̍̔̕W̷͖͈̠͙̘̮̯̮ͭͫͯ̾̃̈́͟͠I̸̊͒̃͏̼̖͎͚̤̫̱L͗̄̓ͧ̍͋ ̦͕̙̣͉̙͞͞L̙̹͚̠̪̗̏́͛́́ ̸̘̦ͯ͒͛͒͢C̸̴͕̰̜͈̪̰̠̽ͤͭ̒A̡͎̰̱̪̤̠̣͔̹̍̀͠T̷̩͎͖̹̭̫͔͔̓ͬ̈͢ C̨̲̟̱͊͌̓̄ͮ̒́͒ͩ̕Ḧ̷̯̥̮͉͈͉̯̓͛̀ ͑ͣͤͯ͒ͬ̉̉̚҉̡̰͔̱̬Y̱͈̒̑̀͢O̧̤̜̖̺ͫͣŲ̬̠̗̣̘̞̤̰͙̀ͤ ̴̷̥̞̯͇̱̭̃͛̄ͥ
(#12)
Old
grushenka Online
<----JD APPROVED

My Mood: Cheeky
Default 11-03-2010, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekko Tei'moku View Post
I don't think that they purposely used quinidine to curb abuse, because nobody knows what in the hell that is, and nobody is going to care (silly abusers who don't pay any mind to what they're putting in their body). This is most definitely a way to keep the DXM in the bloodstream longer, while significantly deducing the effects of the actual dose...much like polysistrex.

But here's my next inquiry...if the dose used in Nuedexta is much lower than that of the permadexers on this site, then why are the permadexers dosing so high? This PBA sounds rather serious and if it can be taken care of by a small about of DXM....then I wonder if the same could be done for you people.
I think it might be because most of the people who say they're taking dxm for mood support or as an anti-depressant do want to feel the euphoria from a noticeable dose. I don't know that it actually takes a 1st plateau dose daily to improve dose, but I think people do still like to feel high regardless of their reasons for doing it every day.

there he was, alone at the gate
we should pack our things and run away

http://www.formspring.me/discopig
(#13)
Old
Dekko Tei'moku Offline
(ΘェΘ) Av̀e̴ Sat͡a̸ni̵!̢

Default 11-03-2010, 03:57 PM

Yeah I agree with that. Hey I wouldn't take DXM if I felt absolutely nothing from it.

N̶̠̤̮̜̹̰͙ͨͤ̂ͧ͐̒͌͋͜A̿͛́͟ͅZ̵̡͇̘̹̄̑͌I̴̼̜̼ͧ̇͝ ̷̛̞̝ͦ͋͊̓̐ͥ̅ͦ̑͠A̭̣̫̯͂̇͘͟R̛̯͚͔̻͂̂͆M̧̲̹̰̉̌͂̂ ̶̖͎͖͈̠͇̬̱̍̔̕W̷͖͈̠͙̘̮̯̮ͭͫͯ̾̃̈́͟͠I̸̊͒̃͏̼̖͎͚̤̫̱L͗̄̓ͧ̍͋ ̦͕̙̣͉̙͞͞L̙̹͚̠̪̗̏́͛́́ ̸̘̦ͯ͒͛͒͢C̸̴͕̰̜͈̪̰̠̽ͤͭ̒A̡͎̰̱̪̤̠̣͔̹̍̀͠T̷̩͎͖̹̭̫͔͔̓ͬ̈͢ C̨̲̟̱͊͌̓̄ͮ̒́͒ͩ̕Ḧ̷̯̥̮͉͈͉̯̓͛̀ ͑ͣͤͯ͒ͬ̉̉̚҉̡̰͔̱̬Y̱͈̒̑̀͢O̧̤̜̖̺ͫͣŲ̬̠̗̣̘̞̤̰͙̀ͤ ̴̷̥̞̯͇̱̭̃͛̄ͥ
(#14)
Old
Ghostwriter Offline

My Mood: Breezy
Default 11-03-2010, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Yeah I agree with that. Hey I wouldn't take DXM if I felt absolutely nothing from it.
I think the point is what's baseline/normal, and what is 'high'.

But this is all incredibly subjective, varied, and quite frankly, irritating.

I see no difference between taking drugs when you're 'depressed' and taking drugs to get high. To look down on one and not the other is a mistake. You aren't finding a moral loophole. There is no such thing as morality anyway, at least that's what I keep telling myself.

Is this offtopic and am I on a tangent? Probably.
(#15)
Old
grushenka Online
<----JD APPROVED

My Mood: Cheeky
Default 11-03-2010, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostwriter View Post
Is this offtopic and am I on a tangent? Probably.
yes.

there he was, alone at the gate
we should pack our things and run away

http://www.formspring.me/discopig
(#16)
Old
necrophage Offline
touched but untouchable

My Mood: Amused
Default 11-03-2010, 06:15 PM

this seems like an important step in giving dxm an even worse reputation than it has now

memento mori!
(#17)
Old
Dekko Tei'moku Offline
(ΘェΘ) Av̀e̴ Sat͡a̸ni̵!̢

Default 11-03-2010, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostwriter View Post
I see no difference between taking drugs when you're 'depressed' and taking drugs to get high. To look down on one and not the other is a mistake. You aren't finding a moral loophole. There is no such thing as morality anyway, at least that's what I keep telling myself.
I agree with this, but I hate justification of drug use is all. Morality is defined by society, it does not exist without it...much like money

(#18)
Old
d3tox_ Offline

My Mood: Dexed
Thumbs up 11-03-2010, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmakaze View Post
Researchers once hoped dextromethorphan could actually slow the progress of ALS. It didn't, he says. But some patients who got it noticed they were having fewer emotional outbursts.

could this be why i have virtually no emotion?

(#19)
Old
Arm Offline
Robotard

Default 11-03-2010, 11:49 PM

So they are going to charge ridiculous prices for two drugs that have been generic for decades, if not longer.

Two intimately disassociated dexheads, cannot speak and do not need to.
(#20)
Old
Chakravanti Offline

Default 11-04-2010, 08:16 AM

Quote:
I agree with this, but I hate justification of drug use is all. Morality is defined by society, it does not exist without it...much like money
hate justification of drug use? WHat is 'justification'? I mean...if a drug really does benefit you...?

I mean...it's not like anyone's denying getting high (To anyone but the man...FTM). To be fair, I disdain morality as well. But sometimes...psychosis is a legitimate reason.

And depression is a legitimate psychosis. And I as well disdain a system that requires a 'justification'. But with or without it...treatment of real psychiatric conditions is still real treatment (even if those fascist assholes don't recognize that).

All I'm saying is that clearance for recreational and therapeutic uses overlap...just like Cannabis.

Last edited by Chakravanti; 11-04-2010 at 08:20 AM.