The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#1)
Old
drdªv€

Default 12-20-2007, 12:54 AM

Wednesday December 19, 2007

Greencastle Police charge 20-year-old with corruption of minors
By ASHLEY HARTMAN [email protected]

GREENCASTLE, PA. — The Greencastle-Antrim School Board voted Wednesday to expel two male high school students after they came to school under the influence of drugs Nov. 21.

Two boys, one a 17-year-old junior and the other a 16-year-old sophomore, came to school after overdosing on the cold medicine Coricidin, which contains ephedra, according to Principal Ed Rife. The 17-year-old took 20 pills and the 16-year-old took 12 pills and smoked marijuana, Rife said.

The 17-year-old has been permanently expelled from the school district, which means he can never come back, Rife said.

“He had so many other past incidents,” Rife said. “We’ve done everything we could for him.”

The 16-year-old, whom Rife said had a couple of minor incidents in the past, is expelled from the school district until January of 2009, Rife said. He will have to undergo a psychological evaluation, Rife said.

“Upon getting the results from the evaluation, we will turn him over to an alternative facility,” Rife said. That facility would be Manito, Rife said.

The teens cut classes Nov. 21 and met with Michael Len Jenkins, who allegedly took them to the Greencastle Food Lion, where the boys were involved in stealing two boxes of Coricidin, according to police charging documents.

The boys went to Jenkins’ home, where they took the pills and Jenkins, 20, smoked a marijuana cigarette with the 16-year-old, police said. After Jenkins returned the boys to school, a teacher noticed one of them was not doing well and took him to the school nurse, Rife said. The teacher then found out about the other boy and both were sent to Waynesboro Hospital for treatment.

Greencastle Police charged Jenkins, of 11070 Williamsport Pike, with four counts of corruption of minors Nov. 21. Jenkins waived his preliminary hearing Nov. 27 in Franklin County Court.

He is scheduled for mandatory arraignment Jan. 9.

http://www.herald-mail.com/?module=display...603&format=html
(#2)
Old
jaytown Offline

Default 12-21-2007, 04:08 PM

Quote:
came to school after overdosing on the cold medicine Coricidin, which contains ephedra, according to Principal Ed Rife.
If the reporter attempeted to verify the story, "THERE IS NO EPHEDRA IN CORICIDIN"

mastermind
can't catch what you can't see
can't take what you can't find

It's hard getting away with being a crooked admin, if your files can't pass a md5 checksum test
(#3)
Old
Criptin Offline
DexKing

Default 12-21-2007, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Two boys, one a 17-year-old junior and the other a 16-year-old sophomore, came to school after overdosing on the cold medicine Coricidin, which contains ephedra, according to Principal Ed Rife.
This made my day a bit better.

Fuck looking for the old stackers, Looks like we have something else now. lol :P

Imagine the possibilities..
(#4)
Old
Rexedgeltoe Offline

Default 12-21-2007, 06:49 PM

School districts should have a giant rectum with a hoola-hoop sized sphincter through which kids would have to squirm in order to be properly expelled.

It would be more honest, and then these news stories could focus on sorbitol as the active ingredient, instead of ephedra or whatever.

blarr
(#5)
Old
Davis Offline

Default 12-22-2007, 01:00 PM

From personal experience, GETTING EXPELLED SUCKS.

Join me in my fight against sobriety.
(#6)
Old
vapor Offline
IRC Operators

Default 12-28-2007, 06:40 PM

wow. i really forget how different it can be in some states/cities/communities.

i mean, at my old high school suspension is what you got if you were caught at school under the influence. of any drug. now, if you were found with the drugs on you while you were high, then the on campus sheriff would process and charge you accordingly. we had seven CPOs (campus police officers) and one on campus sheriff).

now, it depended on what drug you were busted with. if it was methamphetamine, cocaine, heroin, and pretty much all other schedule I drugs (excluding cannabis) you would probably be expelled for at least the next semester during which time you will usually carry out your sentencing if you were charged (if any at all)

its also not uncommon for a expulsion to be carried out for an entire school year, or more. this applies mostly to violent offenses, threatening/assaulting a student with or with the use of a deadly weapon and even simple possession of a knife usually resulted in a full year expulsion.

during the time you are expelled, you may be home schooled; but this usually only applied to the time immediately following your expulsion so as to accommodate any court dates, the bulk of your community service, or your correctional sentence.

during most of your time expelled, you would be attending the school down the street which acted as somewhat of a school and a correctional facility. kind of like a max security school i guess you could say.

if you were caught with under 1/2 oz of cannabis, you may be expelled, but more likely would receive an extended suspension. if it is a very small amount, a gram or two per say, then usually the school would not continue with an arrest/charge.

more than that, expelled. if you were caught with pills, like vicodin or valium, hydrocodone and diazepam respectively, you would usually get a 5day+ suspension and similarly to being caught smoking cigarettes (personally was caught twice) you would have to usually write a essay about the dangers fo your actions.

principle took my colibri torch lighter and kept it. cost me 50 dollars =( saw him light up a lucky strike with it in his car at lunch time. asshole.. made me write a 5 page essay on the dangers of tobacco. i just copy pasted like mad and he glanced at it and threw it in the trash in front of me and told me to get out.

lol... my school was kind of different. its gets far more complicated one you get closer in to LA, i mean jeffereson is ridiculous.

once your expulsion is up you can reapply back to your school. they have the right to accept or reject you. if they reject you; you must try to apply to other schools. if your offense was really that bad, sometimes it can be near impossible to find a school that will take you back. that is usually due to repeated violence though from what ive seen..

another friend of mine that moved to arizona was expelled for a pocket knife. just possession. concealed weapon. no police action, just expelled him and no other school would take him. ended up finishing his second half of his junior year and his senior year through a home school program.

its different everywhere you go. im sure im not too accurate here, but thats what i remember if anyone cares lol. it just seems ridiculous to expel someone for being under the influence of drugs.

i mean they tell you stay in school, don't do drugs, but if you slip up and do drugs, were kickin your ass out and were not letting you back in. same thing with putting cannabis smokers in jail next to rapists and violent criminals...

Quote:
Greencastle Police charged Jenkins, of 11070 Williamsport Pike, with four counts of corruption of minors Nov. 21. Jenkins waived his preliminary hearing Nov. 27 in Franklin County Court.

He is scheduled for mandatory arraignment Jan. 9.
they put his address, preliminary hearing date, and the date of his arraignment on the internet. his house is trashed, and he's going to get crucified. balls out man. bummer.