The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#1)
Old
Væ§ølis Offline
Retired mods

Default 12-12-2003, 09:53 PM

By ADAM KOVAC
Kane County Chronicle

ST. CHARLES — An Elgin man facing prison for ax and knife attacks has the potential to commit additional acts of violence, a forensic psychiatrist testified Thursday.
Edward W. Edwardsen Jr., 21, could receive up to a 30-year prison sentence for crimes against people and cats three years ago that terrorized residents in the far west Chicago suburbs.
At a sentencing hearing, Dr. Alexander Obolsky said Edwardsen has several psychological characteristics that indicate he could strike again, such as a lack of empathy and an inability to control his behavior.
"I find the defendant has no remorse and shows no expression of guilt," Obolsky said. "He has an increased risk for future violence."
In October, Edwardsen was convicted of attempted murder, animal torture and other offenses after a 10-day trial that hinged on the testimony of Obolsky and other mental health experts for both sides.
Edwardsen pleaded innocent by reason of insanity, claiming that he was on a mission from God to rid the world of drug dealers, prostitutes and other evil doers, and high on the drug DXM, an ingredient in cough syrup.
In his cross examination Thursday, defense attorney David Camic of Aurora read excerpts of a statement Edwardsen wrote to Kane County Judge Donald C. Hudson where Edwardsen apologized for his "abominable" crimes.
Camic also noted that Edwardsen tried to seek psychological help and maintained a serious relationship with his girlfriend at Jacobs High School in Algonquin before he launched his rampage.
Edwardsen told police that he stabbed a man with a steak knife Sept. 1, 2000, in Elgin's Tyler Creek Forest Preserve, and hacked a woman with a hatchet three days later on a Carpentersville street.
He also said he entered the home of his former baby sitter on Sept. 9, 2000, and disemboweled two of her cats and stabbed a third. One of the cats later died.
Assistant Kane County State's Attorney Greg Sams said he might read statements from Edwardsen's victims before Hudson metes out a punishment.
Camic is expected to present testimony on Edwardsen's behalf from another mental-health expert when the hearing continues in January 2004.

"The Dextroverse is moving...
The Dextroverse is somehow being"
(#2)
Old
Zeta

Default 12-13-2003, 08:11 AM

holy fucking shit.. i finally move back to the states from iceland, travel thousands of miles to get to madison, decide to move somewhere else(2 days ago) and i end up in the same tiny ass town as this mothefucker!!!!! shit. im not gonna feel safe here anymore, people already try to give me shit for being icelandic here and also for always being kinda fucked up.. but this?! ahh. maybe i should have stayed in iceland, the syrup there tastes around 500 times worse and you dont get robogels, but at least there arent any people axing each other down in the streets.

i think im gonna get a place in downtown chicago, that way im at least wary of everyone i see in the street..

btw, anyone in my area?? id love to hook up and get trashed together.. peace, Mat.
(#3)
Old
rT::3000 Offline
currently out of mind

Default 12-13-2003, 08:00 PM

Scary thing is when this all happened, I lived no more than 10 miles from there. My parents live even closer.

ugh!

i am teh pancake apocalypse
(#4)
Old
mmmm tussin

Default 12-14-2003, 02:59 PM

yeah well if you guys arent the named targets, ya got nothing to worry about :thumbsup: . sounds like someone watched the movie Se7en too many times haha. oh well, but once again, why do people blame their irresponsible acts on dxm? its just gonna cause the government to crack down on this shit waaay too much