View Single Post
(#29)
Old
Decepticonus Offline

My Mood: Dexed
Default 09-29-2010, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychedelicbob View Post
Whether or not DXM is an effective antitussive isn't even the real issue. The issue at hand is perception and tradition. Do people truly believe that Robitussin will stop their cough? Yes. Hell, I occasionally even take DXM medicinally and I have to admit that it seems to at least tame my nagging cough. DXM cough syrups have been a staple of people's medicine cabinets for quite some time. Given that the only known alternative, codeine, is an addictive opiate with much more mass appeal and potential for abuse than dex, I highly doubt that our beloved drug will go away any time soon.
Yes, indeed. Hell, even a Christian Scientist would know what Robotussin is and know that most people turn to it for their coughs.
Anyways, the drug is that god damn common, it's even used in pop culture in even non-abusive/tripping ways.

With every choice we make, we literally create a world. History branches in two - creating one Earth where we made the choice and a second where we didn't. That's the secret of the universe you know? Billions of people, making billions of choices, creating infinite Earths. - Owlman