View Single Post
(#25)
Old
iRizzen Offline

My Mood: Psychedelic
Default 09-25-2010, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunguska View Post
I have to admit that I don't know where the cough reflex is managed in the body, but DXM, being an NMDA antagonist (among other things), inhibits that reflex. You actually need a much stronger signal to get the muscles to cough shit up because the neurons' glutamate sites are jammed up with DXM.
That plus all the menthol, expectorants, etc. that somewhat help with the other symptoms that usually come with cough and cold.
Anyway, it is indeed all in the FAQ, and better explained there than I could (or would want to right now).
And DXM is not that good of an antitussive anyway... which is why I feared it would be removed from the shelves, too many kids getting fucked up and too few coughs cured. Great to learn that prohibition isn't there yet.

That made sense. Thanks for clarification .

Grandmother and her grandson sitting down for dinner when the Grandson says "Hey Gran, I cant find my pills have you seen them anywhere, there marked LSD." Grandmother turns and says fuck your pills boy we have bigger problems check out the dragons in the kitchen!"