View Single Post
(#9)
Old
LoneWolf Offline

My Mood: Lurking
Default 06-30-2010, 12:28 AM

I don't have much to say, but it pisses me off most of the media attention on OTC abuse is when kids take the products that have other shit. They never mention other active ingredients are the problem, only the dextromethorphan. If somebody has a serious problem with DXM only products, I see the issue, but all the misinformed teenagers are causes problems with stupid things.

I know there are some cases of DXM only usage, but most of them are from Triple C and such. It bothers me but what can I do. I'm not going to contribute to people using the right thing, because that would cause more problems. It is a pointless battle that most likely will lead to something.

Sorry if I come off a little bothered by this, but what can I do. Tell people they are tripping on dangerous things, and direct them towards a safer trip? Eventually more restrictions will happen, whether it's put behind the counter for those of age. I guess whether kids know the difference between questionable and safe, there will be a downfall eventually. I know there are reported incidences involving pure DXM, I have read through them, I just figure these newspaper articles would be far less often if everybody knew better. I guess I will just sit in the sidelines until it's all over, which surely isn't any time soon. Kids hear cough medicine gets you high and they pick up any box. If they knew more, maybe they would abuse the pure stuff even more. How can this get better?