(#8)
Old
VagueReality Offline
Propane

My Mood: Sleepy
Default 12-14-2009, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddawaydex View Post
The thing with Dextromethorphan abuse at a young age is that it's just a way to get "UBERFUCKED UP, GUYS!!" Also, I highly doubt even at doses high enough to enter the third or fourth plateau would it cause hallucinations to these children or even teenagers. The thing with DXM and also Ketamine is the fact that the more interesting effects of exploring your "subconcious" (I more like to refer to it as the unconcious mind, as Freud hated the term subconcious as it is a misnomer) is not seen at a young age, and more readily develops as you get older. To children it feels like your so fucked up you don't even know what's happening, but nothing visual ever happens. This is why they still give ketamine to children in emergency situations, (child doesn't react well to morphine or other tranquilizers, the child is burned so badly that Ketamine is the only tranquilizer able to tranquilize them without pain). What do you think happens to a child who is given ketamine, but is not hurt? They just feel "FUCKED UP BRO", they feel tranquilized.. Same thing with Dextromethorphan (except it doesn't tranquilize you, it actually makes it pretty hard to sleep, but I think that may have to do with the stimulant effect it gives you through targeting the PCP2 receptor and blocking dopamine reuptake. If it weren't for this I believe DXM would be a very good tranquilizer)
  • Bullshit
  • Bullshit
  • They give much higher doses of ketamine in the ER than for a trip, you don't trip because you're not aware.
  • They don't feel shit, bro.
I would have hoped you would have defined what young age means, and to say that the only reason teens do it is to get fucked up is an incorrect generalization. I used to trip at 13 with profound insight.

=)

(Found my old signature I made)
My YouTube account - My Wikipedia account

My facebook (clicky clicky)
Total money donated to Dextrovese: $188