View Single Post
(#1)
Old
drdĒv€

Default 08-17-2007, 07:29 AM

Parents there's a new concern on pharmacy shelves that if your kids get a hold of--is just like taking hard core drugs. It's called Coricidin.

"This is not kids that are drug addicts that are taking this...This is kids that are straight A students, " Iowa Park resident and mother of three, Reca Walls said.

Walls talks about the scary trend of children--even as young as 12 years old-- taking Coricidin cough and cold medicine to get high. Often called triple C's...It's medication especially for people with high blood pressure. But she says kids are taking it to experience what they call "dexing"..."robo tripping"...or even "skittling."

"It looks like skittles. Red skittles. I even had someone even tell me that it tastes good like skittles, " Walls said.

Walls said they take as many as 30 at a time because it's comparable to drugs like LSD. Some will even take as much as 96--and that's where the "game" gets dangerous. She's read where kids die of liver failure or heart attacks from "triple c's."

For Walls, it hit closer to home... She says two children she knows called her up from a hotel where they were with two other young adults. They all met there to get high from Coricidin.

"They were all crying. They felt like they were playing Russian roulet with their life and they had no idea, " Walls said.

Walls said kids think because it's a medicine it's safe to take. She says one girl said she took Coricidin because it didn't show up on drug tests. Walls described the hallucinations the children experienced.

"I actually heard one of them say they were on a space ship and fell off one space ship onto another. And what really happened is they fell off the bed onto a floor, " Walls said.

She warns parents to make sure they're children don't get a hold of these pills.

http://www.kauz.com/home/ticker/9207927.html