PDA

View Full Version : Important DV Bulliten

PeoplesMind
04-07-2006, 08:11 PM
This topic has been heavily dicussed in the DV IRC Chat but not mentioned on the forums. This thread, as dicussed among staff, is mainly to clarify the situation surrounding Poss/Corey for his numerous friends in the dv community. It's been a tough time for people who knew Corey as a friend, or more, and this place post can serve as a place to express your love, your grief, or anything related to this unsettling event--and of course no flaming will be tolerated in this thread. Also, thanks to beth/d8 for helping compose the bulk of this post which was incredibly hard to make.

Corey Krichbaum, who most of you know as Poss/Posslipknot, died April 6, 2006. The exact facts surrounding his death are largely unknown, and not everything was fully confirmed. The following account is based upon IRC logs, and dicussions with Corey's sister. According to IRC logs, Corey had taken an undetermined amount of DXM. The night he took the DXM, had a seizure and was taken into the hospital. He was in a coma and several EEG scans found him to be braindead. On April 6th, he was taken off life support at the request of his father, after being given a prognosis of no chance to reawaken.

There is no evidence that Corey's death was a suicide. He was online on the dv chat and talking the afternoon before this entire thing occured. He has also been reported to, by a few people who knew him well, been taking seroquel, but that isn't confirmed. Before Corey was taken off life-support, his organs and blood-type was matched, and were used to save other people's lives who required blood or organs.

Please remember that using substances in your life is a personal choice, and even if it's against the law--people are going to do it anyhow. Please remember that there can be adverse effects, and when you start putting chemicals in your body, things can happen which you did not intend. Please, everyone, be safe with your choices.

My thoughts and condolences, and certainly those of the rest of the DV staff and family, goes out to his sister and his father. We can only imagine the hell his family is going through at this tough time. Please, do not attempt to contact the family, unless you knew Corey in real life, like many people in the DV did. Corey's memory will live on in all of us who knew him as friends, and everyone he impacted in his life. His memory will not be forgotten.

Please feel free to use this thread as a place to express your grief and emotions. If you need help or just someone to talk to, don't hesitate to ask others.

<3 poss
http://www.cuntbutter.org/poss/

Krystena
04-07-2006, 08:29 PM
<---

<3

|
04-07-2006, 08:36 PM
Rest In Peace Corey <3

xkillamunchiesx
04-07-2006, 08:45 PM
This week has been one of the hardest in my entire life. It is still extremely hard to grasp and it seems so surreal. Its hard to think I wont get a call from Corey everynight or an IM when I sign on. Corey Allen was such an important part of my life and he will never be forgotten. I have shared a lot of great memories with him and I am grateful to have those. It is so hard to believe that he wont be there. He was there for some very hard times in my life and I will always love and appreciate him. I am so glad I talked to him Sunday and spent that night with him. Late night phone calls and sing alongs haha...thats my boy yo!

I have spoke to his family and know this is such a hard time for them as well. Corey had a rare blood type and he was able to save 6 lives with his organs. His heart will now be pumping to keep someone else alive...and in a way that comforts me. Corey was such a caring and giving person but he never had a chance to show his full potential and I guess now he got somewhat of a chance.

I will think what ifs for the rest of my life but I am so glad I got to know and share 3 years with such an amazing person. I love him more then he shall ever know.<3<3<3 Now and forever.

RIP April 6th 2006 8:00 PM RIP

#1 with a bullet :)

<3Danielle aka your emo girl!

colonelcorn
04-07-2006, 08:49 PM
RIP corey...so many plans to hang out that never happened, I regret that I never could go through with our plans...

strange_r
04-07-2006, 10:08 PM
My condolences to all who knew Poss.

butta
04-07-2006, 11:14 PM
I was saddened to hear of Poss's death. Too whoever knew him, i'm truly sorry for your loss. I actually got to talk to him for the first time, the morning of his death. I would have never thought that that would have been the last time any of us would be able to talk to him again. I'm glad I got achance to spend the little time I did talking to him. He seemed to be a really cool guy. That morning he was making jokes and being really silly, thats one reason I noticed him and started chatting with him. I wish I could have had more time to get to know him. I know he was special in alot of you peoples eyes, that morning talking to him I could see why. Again I'm sorry. Take Care everyone. If you need to talk i'm always here, even if its just to listen.

SolitaireZeta
04-07-2006, 11:31 PM
I did not know Poss personally but offer my condolences.

GHINDER
04-07-2006, 11:55 PM
no words :(

<3 rip <3

FusionPuppy
04-08-2006, 12:01 AM
It can happen to anyone.

Breath in your life as long as you can.

I am not sure about the dv forum, but poss was a large Part of the DV IRC as i knew it.

For each day we are given a sense of peace, that can be broken in an instant.

Rest In Peace Poss

your annoying dver FusionPuppy <tears>

Tyutchev
04-08-2006, 12:32 AM
Take it easy Poss. You were a good guy. We'll miss you.

youph
04-08-2006, 03:00 AM
Upwards and onwards Poss
We all love you and miss you dearly
<3

start
04-08-2006, 03:48 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with Corey and his family.

phantom_thief
04-08-2006, 03:51 AM
I feel a bit out of place posting in this thread, as I did not know poss except to read his posts on the boards here. Not once can I recollect having a forum conversation with him, or even replying to a post of his for that matter. As scarcely as I knew/knew of him, I can't help but be saddened by his untimely passing as a member of this community. If nothing else, poss and I shared a common bond, the dextroverse, a medium in which people of all walks come together with a singular interest to discuss anything and everything. This bond exists between all of us in this community, whether we realize it or not, and I think we are better for it.

Poss, though young and taken far to early, will live on in the hearts and minds of those who knew him, in the computers of people browsing the forums who dig up an old post, he will be remembered.

A Life cut short is still a life. Better to have enjoyed it for a short while than to never have experienced the joy, the pain, the sorrow, the happiness.

dawhiterabbit
04-08-2006, 06:06 AM
poss was a good dude...he wasone of the first to befriend me when i stumbled onto the DV. he will always be remembered. rest in peace brother! :shake:

mono
04-08-2006, 06:35 AM
Much <3 to our departed member.

Rest in peace friend.

Kaiserin
04-08-2006, 11:24 AM
We've really lost one of us this time....

Rest in peace Poss, you're definitly missed <3

run_it
04-08-2006, 01:08 PM
As tacky as my name change to Poss|undead it was meant as hopeful at the time is was made. Not having talked to Poss much I probably didn't have the right to make it though. Nevertheless this one's for Poss as I didn't know Corey.

Don't rest....give em no peace up there....start a nut house revolt and party till the pearly gates fall. I'll pour out a Robo for ya killer.

My condolences and apologies to his friends and family.

Run_It

krepta
04-08-2006, 01:55 PM
love to you corey <3

Bevo
04-08-2006, 02:12 PM
As some of you may know, corey lived in my hometown for a long while. I really had fun when I was around him, as he was one of the only people I've ever gotten along with in this area. I was the first person he had ever tripped with, and sort of guided him along the dxm path. He was a very understanding person who was always there for me if I needed support, and he was very generous as far as sharing as well.

He would give you the shirt off of his back if you needed it even if it was the only possesion he had. He was just that kind of a guy....

This one really hit home for me, as I've never had to endure the loss of such a good friend. He really was like a brother to me.

I would also like to say that I send the very best to his father and sister, as I know they have had to put up with a great deal within the past couple of years...

Rest in Peace Corey, I will always remember you bro...You allowed me to see things in this world I would have never seen on my own..

04-06-2006

catgravy
04-08-2006, 02:18 PM
poss
<3 rip
your loss is a great one to everone
you will live on in all of us

vapor
04-08-2006, 02:24 PM
ive known poss since ive been part of the dv, since before 03. I really didnt know him personally enough to say wether or not he would do something like this intetionally; but in all personal honor to him, and just from my own knowledge of poss, he would never have intentionally tried to commit suicide. Which is why this came as such a shock to me.. The last time i talked to corey, was on the 5th of april, and i had talked to him a bit about dxm, and how i was about to dose, and he was saying he was going to get some, and not like anyone should have caught that as maybe dangerous, because while he always had a very real, and gritty portrayal of the world outside; we all knew he just had a way of relating to us in that way, so that we could understand and i dont think any of us would have thought him to die in such a way, him of all people here..

I hadnt even dropped in the dv since the 5th until just now, a few minutes ago. Upon reading the topic i was hit with an immediate feeling of what had happened; but still i tried to think of other alternatives, maybe he went abroad, perhaps hes just in the hospital. Thats how taken aback i really was at this news.

Poss was like a regular at the dv, and more than that, he was a part of it and its history. Alot of people may not consider it that large of a deal, but to alot of us the DV IRC channel, and the forums here have been there to help us find like minded friends, that could understand us and accept us for who we are and still want to be our friends. And i think poss was just as much a part of that, as anyone else here.

i know your resting peacefully, finally, forever. we'll all miss you corey.

Vega
04-08-2006, 03:34 PM
:( I'm not sure that I ever really talked to Poss, but he seemed like a great person and his death is a very sad and unfortunate thing. It is wonderful that he was able to save 6 other lives I hope that the thought of that will help those who were closest to him. To those people, I am very sorry for your loss.

<3 Vega

Mircol
04-08-2006, 06:26 PM
though I hardly knew him, i miss poss dearly. his passing saddens us all

rest in peace, brother and friend

Einherjar
04-09-2006, 05:49 AM
...people need to quit fucking dying... One of my friend's dads just died. my ex-gf/really good friend's grandma is going to die in the next few months, corey's gone. seriously. What the fuck?

krepta
04-09-2006, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Drage Av Lys@Apr 9 2006, 03:49 AM
...people need to quit fucking dying... One of my friend's dads just died. my ex-gf/really good friend's grandma is going to die in the next few months, corey's gone. seriously. What the fuck?
yeah it's not going to stop <3 <3

BLAH

i have been wearing corey's bahamas tshirt for about a million days now, it feels like. i wish people i love would stop dying too but i guess it's like this for everyone intimately involved with the human race. blech.

take care of yourselves everyone i love you

Benjamin Flex
04-09-2006, 06:57 PM
Poss, Corey, I apologize that you and I never spoke, you were part of a community that we both cherish and that cherishes you. You were an explorer, just as we all are, and the wild took you.

Most people are offered final goodbyes by death, they are given the consideration of time to play their parts out totally and with finality. Death was not so kind to you.

Masonna
04-10-2006, 02:24 AM
wow, rest in peace man

HalifaxRage
04-10-2006, 07:15 AM
Keep on keepin' on, bro.

S0up
04-10-2006, 11:36 AM
Wow, how did I ever miss this thread? I hardly was active in the IRC room but the few times I did Poss was sure to make things more interesting. Definetly was a cool character and it's sad to see him go.

Zarueoh
04-10-2006, 05:54 PM
I didn't know Poss that well but whenever we talked, he definately seemed like a good person. This is just nuts. :(

waiting4nirvana
04-11-2006, 12:53 AM
<3 You know what they say, only the good die young. <3

tactical_err0r
04-11-2006, 02:07 AM
Rest in Power.

I've been away for a while now due to computer failure and it sucks to come back to this...See you on the other side Poss.

SpiKeD
04-11-2006, 03:44 PM
just reading this whole thread gave me the chills, its so sad ;\ so sad for poss, for his family and for his friends. my heart goes out to his family.....so sad ;\

JoeHorne
04-11-2006, 06:49 PM
knew for for quite some time poss, i'll see ya again, just hopefull not soon :) RIP bro

JoeHorne

pr0zac
04-12-2006, 03:10 AM
Corey. I love you man. You were a beautiful person and an amazing friend. We always kept in touch and the fact that I'm never going to talk to you again saddens me in ways I can't even begin to express. I'm fucking shocked. I'm angry I'm sad I'm hurt. This isn't supposed to happen to good people. You didn't fucking deserve this dude. I don't know what to say. I'm sorry.

ferk
04-13-2006, 03:52 AM
I'm often a cold, cynical bastard and I have not spoken with poss much although I am a regular in IRC. For some reason this really touched me, especially agntorng's avatar. Devestating news, no doubt, and godspeed poss.

cindowsxp
04-13-2006, 05:08 AM
I don't know exactly what I want to say, as so many things fly my mind. I am just reminded of Corey being there in the best and worst points of our lives. If we meet where life ends, the next round is on me.

RIP

<3 Colin

Katatonic
04-16-2006, 06:40 PM
We lost a good mind. Poss was always down to talk to, and he was one of the dv members I had always wanted to meet in rl. Anyway I can't say I'm shocked by death anymore. We're motal afterall and I hope corey found some sort of peaceful state before/during or even after his passing...

***I send lots of positivity directed twords close family/friends.***

zeta
04-23-2006, 11:29 PM
rip fella. i cant really say more.. hope you are floating out in the collective somewhere..

Aphostile
04-26-2006, 12:10 PM
Wow- that's a terrible loss. I had only talked to him a little bit, but he did seem like a nice guy.

It really ought to serve as a wake up call that this stuff needs to be respected. While I personally consider myself very psychologically hooked, I have been steering clear of high doses having learned of the deaths lately.