View Full Version : Two Od On Cold Medicine In Merrill

PeoplesMind
08-09-2003, 09:20 PM
Retailers are adding Coricidin HBP, an over-the-counter cough and cold medicine, to their list of drugs to closely monitor after two Merrill 20-year-olds overdosed on the drug Thursday.

Area grocery stores and pharmacies began restricting the sale of Dramamine by keeping the over-the-counter drug behind service desks in March after the Merrill Police Department investigated a case in which two teenage girls took large doses of the motion sickness medicine to get a hallucinogenic high.

And on Thursday, officers responded to two calls, one at 8:30 a.m. and one at noon, in which two 20-year-olds, who were friends, were taken to the hospital after ingesting at least 32 tablets of Coricidin each, said Lt. Ned Seubert of the Merrill Police Department.

"People have been taking the drugs off of the shelves to get high," he said. "It is unbelievable." Coricidin contains dextromethorphan, or DXM, which is often used to get high, but is dangerous in large doses and can result in death, according to the Drug Enforcement Administration Web site.

"The way things are going, everything will have to be put behind the counter, it seems," Bonnell said.

READ THE ARTICLE : http://www.wausaudailyherald.com/wdhlocal/...215968941.shtml (http://www.wausaudailyherald.com/wdhlocal/281634215968941.shtml)

void
08-09-2003, 09:27 PM
Damnit nitin. You beat me to posting a news article once again :P .

PeoplesMind
08-09-2003, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Void@Aug 9 2003, 07:27 PM
Damnit nitin. You beat me to posting a news article once again :P .
LOL

next time ill wait 24hours or so before posting an article.. ;)

peace,
Nitin

void
08-09-2003, 09:33 PM
Haha no need. I just need to check google more often B)

5-MeO-ECO
08-10-2003, 01:23 AM
Cool, two less morons.

btw, there was an e-mail provided with that article. Did you take the appropriate steps in informing the author of the article about her minor story errors?

PeoplesMind
08-10-2003, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by 5-MeO-ECO@Aug 9 2003, 11:23 PM
Cool, two less morons.

btw, there was an e-mail provided with that article. Did you take the appropriate steps in informing the author of the article about her minor story errors?
Nope, i haven't. Would you be so kind?

For the record post a copy here too.

peace,
Nitin

criminal
08-10-2003, 02:40 AM
I wouldn't mind all DXM products being behind the counter, it would probably slow this flood of bad media coverage to a trickle.

5-MeO-ECO
08-10-2003, 04:00 PM
Yeah, I might. I have one reply half written from last night. Just gotta get up the motivation to finish and send it.

djcritter
08-11-2003, 11:51 AM
and dont forget to STRESS that dxm doesnt kill people, people kill people!