The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#11)
Old
BabyBOOMerang Offline
Holy Diver

My Mood: Cynical
Default 09-03-2011, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdªv€ View Post
I think they try to restrict access to mind expanding drugs because they fear free thinking people...
This country was founded by free-thinking people, so it would make sense that those currently holding power would fear free-thinking revolutionaries as they would disrupt the staus quo, which is quite comfortable for those born into power/wealth.
As Cliff said, that's only part of it, though. Ignorance takes many forms. Some simply outlaw substances because of the money to be had by alternative prescription drugs. (Think of doctors and pharmaceutical reps playing golf together). Some just don't have enough brain cells to grok the complexity of the matter and resort to binary thinking ("Drugz are evil! (unless FDA approved)", DARE, 5 moms, etc.) And, when it comes to the career politician, it's a matter of money, votes, and general self-interest, but not what's best for the country.

"You're trying to tell me that the DV mascot is a creepy, antisocial, ginger-albino-nightcreature? God. I hope not." - T. Monk

Last edited by BabyBOOMerang; 09-03-2011 at 11:42 PM.
(#12)
Old
treezy z Offline
the Ego Killer

My Mood: Dexed
Default 09-06-2011, 12:01 PM

personally i steal it, but i'm 24 anyway.

the end is near
(#13)
Old
big j Offline

My Mood: Bored
Default 09-07-2011, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treezy z View Post
personally i steal it, but i'm 24 anyway.
Sounds like you're a wonderfully productive member of society.

We can rise and fall like empires, flow in and out like the tide.
(#14)
Old
MaslowK Offline
A Skyline's Severance

My Mood: Goofy
Default 09-07-2011, 07:02 PM

I still don't understand why stores would want to limit the amount of a particular product sold when they're going to end up losing more money to more teenagers stealing it. Other than the good ol' "well people use it to make meth" bs I've gotten from cashiers over the years. Or "it contains alcohol kids get drunk on it". It's all bullshit =/

'Yeah man I tell ya what man that dang ol’ internet man you just go in on there and point and click talk about w-w-dot-w-com, mean you got nekkid chicks on there man just go click click click click click it’s real easy man."

Last edited by MaslowK; 09-07-2011 at 07:09 PM.