The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#1)
Old
void Offline
The Driver of the Shortbus

My Mood: Flirty
Post Cough medicine goes behind the counter - Victoria Times Colonist - 03-16-2010, 08:30 AM

Cough medicine goes behind the counter - Victoria Times Colonist
03-11-2010 05:06 AM

Read Full Article Here...

(This thread was automatically posted from Google's RSS feed for news articles containing the term 'Dextromethorphan')
(#2)
Old
Animals! So Weird Offline
Above the Alembic

Default 03-16-2010, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Some youth see cough medicine as a harmless way to get high, said 14-year-old Sarah Hackett, who has started a Facebook page called "DXM is not cool!" that has 287 members after two weeks.

"At first they say it's just cough medicine," Hackett said. "I went home and researched it. I found out what it does is messes up your brain and can give you brain damage. Your brain will stop telling your lungs to breathe."
and

Quote:
The four youths who recently survived overdoses were referred to detox by social workers and Victoria hospitals, said Chaytors, noting the detox process lasts seven to 10 days. "They will have some lasting effects from using the DXM -- dizziness ... no fine motor controls, confusion, memory loss, depression and anxiety.
-.-;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacedragon View Post
There are so many flamers here this must be what a gay bar is like.
(#3)
Old
Migbee Offline
pass the glass

My Mood: Yeehaw
Default 03-16-2010, 02:15 PM

Quote:
The friend landed in detox and is now OK, but Hackett said yesterday that many of her peers don't know the dangers of abusing DMX.

dmx got abused in prison

thats what i call dangerous

The active ingredient in some common cold and cough medications is dextromethorphan or DXM. That's what makes kids high.
(#4)
Old
LBDex Offline
Uber User

Default 03-16-2010, 02:40 PM

The article is full of misinformation as usual but it's probably a good thing. The people who used to be able to buy it still can, and the people who couldn't buy it can't steal it now. Also dxm is presumably much worse on a developing than a developed one, so the only gripe I can see dxm users having about this is that they have to ask the pharmacists for their drugs now. I'm curious if this will become the norm' in pharmacies eventually.

Louis frames, eyes lower than my G.P.A.
(#5)
Old
Durandal Offline
Rampant

My Mood: Cheerful
Default 03-16-2010, 03:51 PM

OTC is fine. Doesn't stop or affect me in anyway. Gives me a chance to tell tales of working outside and hiking while fighting against the elements and suffering from strange, chronic coughs.

True story.

(#6)
Old
WMW Offline
1k Pts Al I Gt Ws Lsy Ttl

My Mood: Dead
Default 03-17-2010, 05:06 AM

My bad guys

"I am a man who hates what he has, wants what he can't have, dreams about trash, trashes his dreams, then sets them alight into the brightest ball of burning flames until they then go out again once all the chemicals within have been spent." -Psychohippo
(#7)
Old
Rapi Offline

Default 03-17-2010, 11:49 AM

Yeah, I don't mind too much, if it lessens the dumb ass teen stories who OD on APAP and the like that we get in the news and reduces shoplifting, it might actually HELP as far as the legality and accessibility of DXM goes...maybe.

I stumbled upon the philosopher's stone, I had the veil of illusion pulled back, and was confronted by the many levels of energy and many realms of consciousness which were available to man.
I opened the Pandora's box of multiple realities...
(#8)
Old
Onewithwings Offline

My Mood: Relaxed
Default 03-17-2010, 10:31 PM

It is still on the shelves here at Walgreens, they have the Wal-Tussin liquigels, which is what I take.

CVS keeps in behind the counter at the pharmacy now, and they only carry Corecedin, which I try to avoid.

My Art an artsy mommy dexy kinda girl.