The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#11)
Old
Haddawaydex Offline

Default 12-15-2009, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBeachDexer View Post
Just because you haven't seen it first hand doesn't make it false. Maybe they never took enough dxm, or they were too oblivious to notice 'em (IMO they're not so prevalent at smaller doses). You can certainly take enough dxm to get "fucked up" without full on oev/cev/obe experiences.

I think the more important thing here is that a lot of young users are looking to get fucked up, not have a spiritually enlightening trip(or high dose trips). They probably wouldn't be able to handle it at such a young age..

I bet if you asked most young (tripping) kids if their vision was "fucked up" they'd say yes, not realizing those are oev's. Just sayin'.
What does "fucked up" mean? They get double vision, and chaotic blindness, yes. That's not the same thing. I am pretty sure they would notice if they had full blown hallucinations, and I have known quite a few that have taken doses up to a gram and change.

I also want to note that hallucinations, OBEs, are prevelant in teenagers, just no where close to as frequent as in adult use. In child use (13 or younger), it is nil.

Last edited by Haddawaydex; 12-15-2009 at 12:47 PM.
(#12)
Old
VagueReality Offline
Propane

My Mood: Sleepy
Default 12-15-2009, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddawaydex View Post
If I wasn't feeling so lazy right now I'd find sources.. *tries to move finger* Nah, not worth it.

I know for a fact that this is true. You may have found profound insight at the age of 13, but that doesn't apply to everybody. I was talking of the majority, and for the majority of kids (up to 16) what I said was completely true. I found profound insight from it at a somewhat young age (about 16), but knew many, many 15-17 year olds who did it all the time and NEVER experienced anything visual. This is because of the development of their brain, not a generalization. This is backed by scientific readings, and from a lot of experience tripping with younger kids. I have never met one that has fallen into what I like to dub a "dexhole".
Who says visuals are a necessary part of a spiritual experience? I get visuals from amphetamine binges, does that make is spiritual?

Also I would like to see the studies regarding the development of the adolescent brain and it's impact on the subjective experiences of dissociative users.

(Found my old signature I made)
My YouTube account - My Wikipedia account

My facebook (clicky clicky)
Total money donated to Dextrovese: $188
(#13)
Old
zorgin Offline

My Mood: Bored
Default 12-17-2009, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddawaydex View Post
This is why they still give ketamine to children in emergency situations, (child doesn't react well to morphine or other tranquilizers, the child is burned so badly that Ketamine is the only tranquilizer able to tranquilize them without pain). What do you think happens to a child who is given ketamine, but is not hurt? They just feel "FUCKED UP BRO", they feel tranquilized.. Same thing with Dextromethorphan (except it doesn't tranquilize you, it actually makes it pretty hard to sleep, but I think that may have to do with the stimulant effect it gives you through targeting the PCP2 receptor and blocking dopamine reuptake. If it weren't for this I believe DXM would be a very good tranquilizer)
So what about nitrous oxide? They give that to kids in the denitst's office. I don't know what the 'normal' subjective experience is for most 6-year-olds, but for me, I left my body and took a journey through time and space and landed in my own mouth, as a very tiny version of myself, watching my cavity be drilled while standing on my tongue with my teeth showing as massive boulders.

Nitrous also being a dissociative, is it just different, or am I?

ONLY THE MADMAN IS ABSOLUTELY SURE.
(#14)
Old
Shamanix Offline
Chasing the Rabbit

My Mood: Dead
Default 12-17-2009, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorgin View Post
So what about nitrous oxide? They give that to kids in the denitst's office. I don't know what the 'normal' subjective experience is for most 6-year-olds, but for me, I left my body and took a journey through time and space and landed in my own mouth, as a very tiny version of myself, watching my cavity be drilled while standing on my tongue with my teeth showing as massive boulders.

Nitrous also being a dissociative, is it just different, or am I?
I remember going out of body in the dentist office as a child. It was a totally alien experience to me and I had trouble interpreting what actually happened.

¯ ¯ ̿ ̿ ̿¯̿̿¯̿̿¯̿̿’̿̿̿̿̿̿̿’̿̿’̿̿̿̿̿’̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ ‘̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿̿̿ ̿(̿(̿̿’̿̿̿̿̿̿̿’̿̿’̿̿̿̿̿’̿̿̿ ̿̿̿ ̿̿̿ ̿ ̿¯ ¯

(#15)
Old
BOY_MEATER Offline
NO ONE UNDERSTANDS ME

Default 12-17-2009, 06:21 PM

I remember getting basically the same effects I got from nitrous when I was a child and how I feel them now. I also remember taking dxm at a young age and definitely experiencing closed eye visuals (on doses around 2-3 hundred mg). Lets just get a bunch of parents to volunteer their children and find out the good ol fashioned way instead of being pretentious dicks.
(#16)
Old
LBDex Online
Uber User

Default 12-17-2009, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerotype View Post
Lets just get a bunch of parents to volunteer their children and find out the good ol fashioned way instead of being pretentious dicks.
Mmm.. any DV parents want to put their kids up on the cutting board, so to speak?

THE DV IS KILLING THE CHILDREN!!1

Louis frames, eyes lower than my G.P.A.