The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#1)
Old
void Offline
The Driver of the Shortbus

My Mood: Flirty
Post Christopher Piersee* pleads guilty - 08-26-2009, 07:10 PM

Christopher Piersee pleads guilty - ConnectTriStates.com powered by KHQA
08-26-2009 07:00 PM

Read Full Article Here...

(This thread was automatically posted from Google's RSS feed for news articles containing the term 'Dextromethorphan')
(#2)
Old
koala infestation... robots Offline
Marsupalian Whimsicality

Default 08-27-2009, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Wednesday, August 26, 2009 at 5:49 p.m.
Lewis County, MO - The LaGrange man who brutally killed his wife and infant son admitted to the murders in court.
Twenty-four year old Christopher M. Piersee reached a plea deal with the prosecution. He'll spend the rest of his life in prison but escapes the death penalty.
That means he'll serve life in prison without the possibility of parole in the deaths of his wife and infant son.
The family of Patricia Piersee yelled out "thank you" when Christopher admitted to the murders.
Those members did not want to comment, but four of them showed us matching tattoos that they had gotten for Patricia and baby Landon.
We spoke with the mother of Christopher Piersee...she told us her son suffered from psychosis that was a side effect of a common cold medication at the time of the murders.
We've learned Piercee was on dextromethorphan at the time of the murders. Dextromethorphan is also called DXM or DM, and it's a common ingredient in cold medications.
The murder rocked the small town of LaGrange. Police found the bodies of 21-year-old Patricia "Tish" Yarbrough Piersee, and her five-month-old son, Landon on Feb. 3 after being called to the family's home by Tish Piersee's father.
According to court testimony, investigators found Piersee naked in a bedroom of the family's home with the bodies of his wife and son nearby. Red crosses were drawn in blood on both victims' bodies. Lewis County Sheriff's Department Chief Deputy Rob Power testified Piersee believed he was the archangel Michael and referred to his wife as Lucifer and his son as the Antichrist. Power said the words "Lucifer" and "Michael" had been scrawled on the walls in blood.
Just a matter of time now before the churches are going get behind dxm prohibition.

(#3)
Old
Myth Offline
IRC Administrators

My Mood: Bored
Default 08-27-2009, 03:29 AM

thats ridiculous, DXM may have been involved but its pretty apparent this guy had some MAJOR underlying issues. I hate when shit like this happens and they want to blame the substance always when really, the person involved had issues and should have never done drugs to begin with.

"I don't know where I'm at."
(#4)
Old
Thomas Jefferson Monk Offline
Metaprogrammers-lite

My Mood: Amused
Default 08-27-2009, 05:19 AM

I hate when people like you automatically assume that the substance wasn't to blame and then put it on the person's shoulders acting as if DXM could never do such a thing to someone so as to perpetuate a psychotic break or mental breakdown.

Ask Me Anything | Conscious Aworeness (Blog) | Photos of my Journeys | Drug problem? |Twitter

Life's full of surprises, and sometimes the surprise is a bloody tampon in your laundry. - Morrison
(#5)
Old
Myth Offline
IRC Administrators

Default 08-27-2009, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaius Thelonious Antibenus View Post
I hate when people like you automatically assume that the substance wasn't to blame and then put it on the person's shoulders acting as if DXM could never do such a thing to someone so as to perpetuate a psychotic break or mental breakdown.
Yeah well Uh, I consider myself to be mentally sound and I have done more than my fair share of dxm, and have been doing so for the last 10 years, and yeah I wouldn't harm an animal, let alone another human being while under its influence, because of its influence. Hell actually, its quite the contrary, I can be in the middle of an argument with someone and as soon as I come up its like "Why are we fighting, this is stupid, can we hug now?" And I have been pretty far gone, I'm talking 25g in 3 weeks with no breaks, dosing 3 times a day.

So I can then, only base my conclusions on my personal experiences with the substance. So I would suggest that if DXM has lead you to have any kind of perception such as the young man mentioned above, you should probably quit and never touch it again for the sake of other living things around you....

Furthermore, I doubt he just dosed and suddenly had these feelings/idea's. It was probably either something that developed a) over a long period of time suddenly, or b) something that was underlying.

You say you hate people like me, but you should know enough to know that ANY psychedelic drug can and will manifest underlying mental issues that might otherwise be or remain hidden. Simply put, no sane person should gravitate towards thinking they have to murder another, and if they do, I would bet that they have SOMETHING else going on, or had happened. The article doesn't talk about this persons past, or medical history. I think for the article to be fair, it should mention if he had a past history with ANY MENTAL ILLNESS, including depression or whatever, or if he had not, that way a fair and educated assumption could be made.

Your statement in fact reminds me of the Government-Hate-Anti-Marijuana propaganda of the 60's.. Refer Madness and such.. Don't smoke that joint, it will make you rape your sister and murder your grandma with a chainsaw...

(#6)
Old
Myth Offline
IRC Administrators

Default 08-27-2009, 10:38 AM

Quote:
BTW, a psychotic break doesn't necessarily mean you have to kill someone, unless you already gravitate towards that type of violence....

(#7)
Old
TODD BLANKENSHIP Offline
former murmuring maid

My Mood: Psychedelic
Default 08-27-2009, 10:50 AM

i wonder if this guy posted on the dv. bleenko? lol. sorry yeah this is fucked.

"I wish my name was Todd because then I could say "Yes, my name's Todd. Todd Blankenship." Oh, I also wish my last name was Blankenship." - Jack Handey
(#8)
Old
darklife Offline
Weeeeeeee!

My Mood: Gay
Default 08-27-2009, 12:13 PM

Well here we go. With a story like this DxM will now be deemed the new PCP. Next thing we will hear are stories of people gouging out their eyes while on DxM and then people gaining super powers and killing a bunch of cops on it.
At least I hope not! This story will surely go down in history though as one of "those" stories that gives the use of DxM a really bad name.
It's only a matter of time before lots of myths start surrounding our beloved chemical like those with PCP, as in one may be true but 20 more stories get made up out of thin air to give it a bad rap.

(#9)
Old
Thomas Jefferson Monk Offline
Metaprogrammers-lite

My Mood: Amused
Default 08-27-2009, 01:47 PM

Well Myth...since your sarcasm bone seems to be broken I'll explain that the "I hate" wording was mocking your tone in your first post.

What it comes down to is the fact that DXM can certainly cause a person to have mental problems just as easy as it could bring out their underlying mental issues. So the point is that it could have been the guy or the DXM. But supporting one view to the exclusion of the other (the view that DXM didn't cause the problem being the one you're obviously biased toward as a DXM user yourself) is a bit myopic.

It makes just a little bit more sense that anyone on this forum would be inclined to believe it was the man and not the DXM. It's like asking Exxon whether electric cars are good for the environment, it's simply not in their best interest to say "yes."

Ask Me Anything | Conscious Aworeness (Blog) | Photos of my Journeys | Drug problem? |Twitter

Life's full of surprises, and sometimes the surprise is a bloody tampon in your laundry. - Morrison
(#10)
Old
Myth Offline
IRC Administrators

Default 08-27-2009, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Well Myth...since your sarcasm bone seems to be broken I'll explain that the "I hate" wording was mocking your tone in your first post.

What it comes down to is the fact that DXM can certainly cause a person to have mental problems just as easy as it could bring out their underlying mental issues. So the point is that it could have been the guy or the DXM. But supporting one view to the exclusion of the other (the view that DXM didn't cause the problem being the one you're obviously biased toward as a DXM user yourself) is a bit myopic.

It makes just a little bit more sense that anyone on this forum would be inclined to believe it was the man and not the DXM. It's like asking Exxon whether electric cars are good for the environment, it's simply not in their best interest to say "yes."
LOL sarcasm is hard to relay successfully through text sometimes, but I did find humor in the original post. But your post did make me think, and the article is really lacking a lot of necessary information to form any kind of "sufficient" conclusion, but yeah your right in the idea that a majority of this board would be inclined to take my original position....

I always wondered how those guys on cops on dissociatives got to the state they were in to be running from the cops naked, through fences and house windows, yellow things like "Yellow tities your mothers cock" "Jesus said fly the chicken" and "Eyeballs sin and fuck your mother" that kinda thing LOL so I guess anything is possible.