The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#11)
Old
Skittles Offline

My Mood: Fine
Default 07-30-2009, 02:13 AM

lol that's just what I was thinkn. If I were to go out, thatd b how i'd do it

~TASTE THE MOTHERFUCKING RAINBOW BIATCH~
(#12)
Old
[b]I[/b] [i]am[/i] [u]suck[/u] Offline
Restricted

My Mood: Sad
Default 07-30-2009, 05:56 AM

And ad was covering up the part where it says pills earlier for me.

Anways, Damn! That's a lot of gels, what is that like 4200mg? So much for just smoking at 420 pm.
(#13)
Old
+

My Mood: Daring
Default 07-30-2009, 12:07 PM

how did they know how many pills each person took?

sounds like scare tactics to me. sci-fi anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfDiamonds
pancakes are like the pussy of breakfast
(#14)
Old
nina Offline
. . .

My Mood: Lurking
Default 07-30-2009, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migbee View Post
how did they know how many pills each person took?

sounds like scare tactics to me. sci-fi anyone?
Yeah, I was wondering that too. Maybe they based it off of how many empty pill bottles they found? And...uh...and...there was a receipt from the place they bought them from that day, so...you know...they would have some sort of proof that all the pills in the empty bottles were consumed...or...something...
(#15)
Old
dextromancer Offline
Extirpated

My Mood: Dead
Default 07-30-2009, 08:14 PM

when i fell out in high school, i was awoken by a police officer, and other officials, who claim i ate all the xanax in the glass xany container (imported), all at once. fact was that i didn't eat any and am merely impressed by shiny glass jars, ever since zelda 64. i fell out because i went through xanax withdrawal. i ended up in a psych ward for "attempting to kill myself by eating an entire xanax prescription at once."
(#16)
Old
MaslowK Offline
A Skyline's Severance

My Mood: Goofy
Default 08-01-2009, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittles View Post
It was 280 dxm pills, prolly not cold medicine, an obvious overdose. It's not scare tactics, and it's not false media, infact, YOU GUYS r the ones twisting the story around. The story said, couple takes 280 dextromethorphan pills because they couldn't make ends meet. I kno you want to stand up for dxm, but what happened here was an intentional suicide.
That hardly makes up for the anti drug use undertones in the article.

"At doses higher than medically recommended, dextromethorphan will cause hallucinations. Taking 400-600mg per day may cause poisoning, and exceeding that level could potentially be lethal."

What does that have to do with suicide, other than stating the obvious; that eating too much OTC medicine can kill you? They purposely stuck that bit at the end as if to say "The preceding CAN happen to you if you abuse cough medicine.".

Also, the article originally said "280 dextromethorphan", not including the word "pills"; I copy/pasted that bit into my first post in this thread. It was less obvious that it was a suicide before this small edit; seemed more like they just wanted to drown their sorrows in DXM related intoxication.

'Yeah man I tell ya what man that dang ol’ internet man you just go in on there and point and click talk about w-w-dot-w-com, mean you got nekkid chicks on there man just go click click click click click it’s real easy man."
(#17)
Old
renfield Offline
Extirpated

Default 08-27-2011, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemancb View Post
Taking 400-600mg per day may cause poisoning, and exceeding that level could potentially be lethal.
by this logic, shouldn't seventy to eighty percent of the d-verse be pushin' daisies
(#18)
Old
dextromancer Offline
Extirpated

My Mood: Dead
Default 08-27-2011, 05:16 PM

some of us have died before and some of us are still in the ground.
(#19)
Old
blackswan Offline
problem child

My Mood: Bashful
Location: Running around the desert looking for god in all the wrong places.
Default 08-27-2011, 05:38 PM

Yeah, you could probably die from pure dxm if you took 280 pills. They probably don't know how many each person took, but I am guessing the wife took a lot less.

If it was divided evenly, thats 140 pills each, and I am guessing you wouldn't die. I took 120 on accident, meant to only take 100 and lost count and I had what seemed like a near death experience, I was with my spirit guides and they were telling me my temp was too high and they were going to have to erase my brain, and put me in another body as a walk in, but then one of them put me in the bathtub in cold water.

But that's probably not a near death experience and more like a wacky ass trip, I was probably NOT close to death at 120 pills.

Maybe the wife took 100 and he took 180 or something, thinking it would take more for him to die.

The 400-600 mg per day causing poisoning made me laugh my ass off cause I take 700 per day for weeks on end with no side effects.

I think we have already figured out here that pure dxm isn't going to kill you unless it is intentional suicide, or wrongly measured if you are using powder or get into some kind of an accident. The dose to kill is HUGE, even more than the dose to trip and reach 4th.

Then again, like everybody else, I am afraid somebody is going to read my post and take my word for it and die on accident, so don't listen to me at all, I don't know fucking shit and will probably die of dxm poisoning one day.
(#20)
Old
MaslowK Offline
A Skyline's Severance

My Mood: Goofy
Default 08-27-2011, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittles View Post
The story said, couple takes 280 dextromethorphan pills because they couldn't make ends meet. I kno you want to stand up for dxm, but what happened here was an intentional suicide.
Wow this is old. Anyway. I know when times have been rough and I've thought about biting the bullet, DXM overdose never really came to mind as a viable method. In fact I can only imagine it would be fairly uncomfortable =/

'Yeah man I tell ya what man that dang ol’ internet man you just go in on there and point and click talk about w-w-dot-w-com, mean you got nekkid chicks on there man just go click click click click click it’s real easy man."