The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#11)
Old
Myth Offline
IRC Administrators

My Mood: Bored
Default 12-25-2007, 12:18 PM

Makes me wonder. It seems very possible to me that the old man died just because he was in the accident, not because of the accident itself. However, I think that 3 years is more than enough for the crime. Especially if the accident wasn't really a fatal accident, but some condition the old man had was the deadly factor.

Either way, given the circumstances, being "high" is no excuse for ones actions, but it can help shed some light on why the person did what he/she did. That being said, if the young man in this case shows remorse, and its genuine, then 1 to 3 is more than enough. If the young man is remorseful, and fully takes responsibilty for his actions, then living with that in his mind is plenty punishment after his 1 to 3 year incarceration.

"I don't know where I'm at."
(#12)
Old
JonnyThailand Offline

Default 12-25-2007, 09:53 PM

This sort of thing happens every single day. Actually every few minutes. The only difference is that this time the guy was intoxicated on some DXM instead of liquor. If it was just another drunk driving accident this never would have made any news.

I wonder when people are going to realize that alcohol is every bit as dangerous a substance as any so called "drug". The fact that so often the term 'drugs and alcohol' is used bothers me. Why can somebody get fucked out of their mind on liquor and it's ok but if I want to drink some cough syrup to get high I am labeled as some kind of junky?

Though as far as this case goes I do agree that penalties for driving while intoxicated that result in some kind of loss of life or property should be very heavy. It is an extremely irresponsible thing to do. Unfortunately I have driven under the influence of DXM before and I know that I may have been putting the lives of others at risk.

But in any case I think that the law should be upheld. If 1 to 3 years is the designated penalty than that should be the time served until there is a reform in the law.