The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#1)
Old
void Offline
The Driver of the Shortbus

My Mood: Flirty
Default 09-17-2003, 12:49 AM

AVANIR Pharmaceuticals, (AMEX: AVN) will feature its lead neurology product candidate Neurodex™ in a presentation at ThinkEquity Partners Growth Conference in San Francisco today. Neurodex is in Phase III clinical development for the treatment of pseudobulbar affect (PBA) and in Phase II clinical development for neuropathic pain. Neurodex is a novel product utilizing the known drug dextromethorphan in a patented delivery system.

Neurodex is the first drug candidate in clinical development specifically intended to treat PBA. The condition, also know as emotional lability, is characterized by episodes of inappropriate laughing or crying. It afflicts up to a million people in the U.S. with underlying neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's, multiple sclerosis, Lou Gehrig's disease or ALS, Parkinson's, traumatic brain injury and stroke. The company completed a pivotal Phase III study in ALS patients with PBA in which Neurodex showed highly statistically significant results for its primary endpoint (p less than 0.0013) and met all secondary endpoints. AVANIR is currently enrolling multiple sclerosis patients in a final Phase III study and anticipates submitting an NDA in 2004.

"The results of our clinical trials to date suggest that Neurodex is well positioned to fit unmet market needs in the treatment of both PBA and neuropathic pain," said President and Chief Executive Officer Gerald J. Yakatan, Ph.D. "Both treatment areas are growing and physician and patient satisfaction with currently available products is modest at best."

READ FULL ARTICLE: http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/g...ws_process_view

me -><-assholes
(#2)
Old
DXmethorphan420 Offline

Default 09-17-2003, 01:59 AM

So is this prescription.. pure DXM?

See i think drugs have done some good things for us, i really do, and if you dont belive drugs have done some good things for us. Do me a favor, go home tonight and take all your albums, all your tapes, all your cd's and burn em. Cause you know what, the musicians who made all that great music thats enhanced your lives throughout the years.

rrrrrrreal fuckin high on drugs.

__________________________________________________ __

oxycontin.xanax bars.percocet.and lortab.valiums.morphine patches.extacy.and its all up for grab.
(#3)
Old
GHINDER Offline
bringin' home the rain

My Mood: Inspired
Default 09-17-2003, 08:27 PM

would it have more than the 30mg/tablet limit?

there's a moon-shaped hole in the night sky
(#4)
Old
PeoplesMind Offline
Retired mods

Default 09-17-2003, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by GHINDER@Sep 17 2003, 06:27 PM
would it have more than the 30mg/tablet limit?
Who knows, offically there is no limit, but the FDA seems to not approve any drug over 30mg DXM, but this is perscription *shrugs*

peace,
Nitin

<span style=\'font-family:Arial\'>
<span style=\'color:green\'>(Forum PM, IRC)
Dextroverse Administrator</span></span>
(#5)
Old
DXmethorphan420 Offline

Default 09-18-2003, 02:38 AM

wow if this makes it on the market.. :O

good times in the future.. and maybe some proof Dextromethorphan is gonna stay legal? :thumbsup:

See i think drugs have done some good things for us, i really do, and if you dont belive drugs have done some good things for us. Do me a favor, go home tonight and take all your albums, all your tapes, all your cd's and burn em. Cause you know what, the musicians who made all that great music thats enhanced your lives throughout the years.

rrrrrrreal fuckin high on drugs.

__________________________________________________ __

oxycontin.xanax bars.percocet.and lortab.valiums.morphine patches.extacy.and its all up for grab.
(#6)
Old
Poiesis

Default 09-19-2003, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DXmethorphan420@Sep 18 2003, 01:38 AM
wow if this makes it on the market.. :O

good times in the future.. and maybe some proof Dextromethorphan is gonna stay legal? :thumbsup:
well if anything it would go schedule-III...but since it does so well in OTC cough remedies it will prolly stay unscheduled (hopefully..heh)
(#7)
Old
doomz0r

Default 09-20-2003, 02:01 AM

dextromethorphan is definately an amazing pain killer... as for this PBA, I think I have it :P 30 pills of 200mg dxm a month sounds delicious.
(#8)
Old
MrKlorox

Default 09-21-2003, 06:58 AM

hooray for science! especially the part about the dxm metabolic slower downer... an alternative to dxm polistirex would be much appreciated, and use frequently... or NOT-so frequently if need be!