The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#1)
Old
Væ§ølis Offline
Retired mods

Default 12-14-2003, 01:06 AM

By Kevin Simpson
[email protected]

BLOOMINGTON -- The Sept. 24 death of a Normal man who overdosed while getting high on an over-the-counter medicine was ruled accidental by a McLean County coroner's jury Thursday.

Evidence at Jonathan M. Frary's apartment suggested the 22-year-old was experimenting with high doses of dextromethorphan hydrobromide, a cough suppressant typically found in cold medicine, McLean County Coroner Beth Kimmerling said.

Frary had legally purchased the drug -- often called DXM -- in a pure form via the Internet, Normal police Detective Jason Wood testified. When taken in high doses, the drug can have hallucinogenic and psychoactive effects similar to LSD.

A toxicology test showed DXM in Frary's system, but there is no known literature on fatal levels, Deputy Coroner Dave Killian said. At least two other U.S. deaths have been attributed to DXM overdoses.

Frary was found dead on the living room floor with the drug nearby. Notes written by Frary indicated he had taken a high dose and was documenting his "trip." Frary also tape recorded himself under the drug's influence, Wood said.

Frary's best friend told Wood that Frary had first used the drug in November and recently used it more often and at higher doses, said Killian. Family members said Frary was not depressed or suicidal, but he had made comments alluding to his death on the audiotape.

"The Dextroverse is moving...
The Dextroverse is somehow being"
(#2)
Old
Alloy

Default 12-14-2003, 01:24 AM

no clear cut info on how much he took?
(#3)
Old
Devorius

Default 12-14-2003, 05:28 AM

It is so irresponsible for any kind of medical practitioner to say the death was caused by something when they have no proof.
(#4)
Old
Walkaway Offline
Alpha Nerd

Default 12-14-2003, 06:31 AM

Devorious, we often disagree, but let me be the first to say: TRUE THAT.
---
Namaste,
Cliff

"He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night and the storm in the heart of the sun. He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and can see the turn of the universe, and...he's wonderful."
(#5)
Old
rT::3000 Offline
currently out of mind

Default 12-14-2003, 12:47 PM

How come coroners can't list the cause of death as the "person's own stupidity"?

It is true that far too many people die from their own negligence.

i am teh pancake apocalypse
(#6)
Old
mmmm tussin

Default 12-14-2003, 02:56 PM

yeah, people are stupid. and i love it how it says "A toxicology test showed DXM in Frary's system, but there is no known literature on fatal levels, Deputy Coroner Dave Killian said. ".... even though its listed right on this goddamn site hahaha. people need to grow up and learn about the substances they take, so they dont ruin it for other people like us
(#7)
Old
yrm0m Offline

Default 12-17-2003, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Family members said Frary was not depressed or suicidal, but he had made comments alluding to his death on the audiotape.
any chance of getting an mp3 of this audiotape? i doubt it, but if anyone has info i'd be willing to put in the effort to contact ppl ect.

im just curious...was he talking about the fact that he felt like he was dying?....did he care, or was he calm?....did he think he was just tripping, or did he KNOW he was gonna die?
wierd to think about

That which does not kill us, makes us stranger.

[02:25] elorgtussy: i wish i could have a log of my brain
[02:25] elorgtussy: like irc

http://www.kriscadwell.com
(#8)
Old
madkrec

Default 12-24-2003, 04:13 AM

the report doesnt mention which drug the person took
Tripple C's at a super high dose, high enough to hit sigma, repeated all over a week or two could kill someone possibly, i doubt the syrup can even hurt you.

I want to hear the mp3 too.