The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#11)
Old
Mista V Offline

Default 04-30-2006, 06:59 AM

Did anyone see the video and/or have comments on it? I know DXM has its risks like anything else, but I always thought it was at the low end of the spectrum in this way (basically "safe" if respected).

So is the video just another "its evil cuz kids are using it to get high" thing or a legit "warning".

Clouds are so crucial.
(#12)
Old
Arm Offline
Robotard

Default 04-30-2006, 01:55 PM

Why are they trying to attach methamphetamine manufacture to DXM abuse?

Quote:
Originally posted by waiting4nirvana+Apr 29 2006, 05:09 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (waiting4nirvana @ Apr 29 2006, 05:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--drdĒv€@Apr 28 2006, 12:53 PM
When consumed in excess, the morphine-based drug produces a hallucinogenic effect.
I dont know much about chemistry, so can someone who knows a think or two about it tell me whether DXM really is morphine based, or is this just bullshit?[/b][/quote]
From Wikipedia:
Quote:
Dextromethorphan is a salt of the methyl ether dextrorotatory isomer of levorphanol, a narcotic analgesic.
It is the isomer of a synthetic opiate. So is, chemically speaking, a synthetic opiate.

However DXM doesnt produce opiate-like effects. So menctioning this is just a form of propagonda by trying to attach DXM to other more addictive and harmful drugs.
(#13)
Old
Bevo Offline

Default 05-03-2006, 02:27 PM

At least this article wasn't butchered up with non-factual bullshit. I hate when news companies don't even research DXM before bashing it.

YOU CANT HANDLE TEH DOGZEX
(#14)
Old
Bevo Offline

Default 05-03-2006, 02:35 PM

Ummmmm that video was pretty factual as well except for this part...

DRAMATIZATION
Attached Images
File Type: jpg post-15-1146681303.jpg (67.4 KB, 0 views)

YOU CANT HANDLE TEH DOGZEX