The Dextroverse

DXM-related News Dextromethorphan-related news. This particular section is publicly viewable. Feel free to post comments.

(#31)
Old
Hamletthunktoomuch

Default 11-04-2005, 04:05 PM

I will put a 5 dollar bill in the mail today if my name gets changed to Ryan in the next 30 minutes.
(#32)
Old
state_of_flux Offline

Default 02-09-2006, 04:15 AM

i just dropped 15 dolla because this is a very well run website. i truly do enjoy coming here and sharing with people and i'm glad there are so many strangefolks here that are REAL. i have rarely come across a site that offers so much accurate information (besides erowid) and where people will really respond to your questions (sometimes even relatively quickly). anyways, just wanted to share my love for tha DV. and thank the moderators, cuz all in all, i think you guys do an excellent job. :thumbsup: peeeeace ninjas

there are 2 moons.
the one that everyone knows
is a reflection in a bucket wearing clothes.
we see reflections.
the second moon is actually the moon.

all happiness comes from the desire for others to be happy.
all misery comes from the desire for oneself to be happy.
(#33)
Old
FDR Offline
Extirpated

Default 09-05-2006, 06:17 PM

I just donated twenty bucks to the DV for no apparent good reason other than it's the first time in awhile I've had a steady job.

I hope my hard earned dollars go to good use in preventing the harm associated with DXM.
(#34)
Old
Eloivore Offline
Retired mods

Default 06-15-2007, 05:54 PM

Since I was asked, it appears you can do regular donations of other amounts of money.

For example: $25 per month

$50 per month

Or any amount of money, really [1]; the URL (remove ALL spaces and line breaks, and replace BOTH instances of XXX with the amount of money in even dollar amount) is:

https: //www.paypal.com/subscriptions/business=wfhigh %40hotmail.com&item_name=Dextroverse+%24 XXX+per+month+Donation&item_number=001& no_note=1&cy_code=USD&a3=XXX.00& p3=1&t3=M&src=1&sra=1

[1] Well, OK, not really. I tried a link for one BEELYUN dollars per month, and it didn't like it.

"... the feverish delusions and utter helplessness is learned and best not overdone. quit sucking on the teat of dr mom" - libel

Me: "I can't believe they're making me teach Freshman biology. What am I going to do with a classroom full of 18 year olds?"
Pamela: "Try not to sleep with them?"

"the shittiest part about the internet is that we can mix baby taunts with heavier concepts, top it off with graphic imagery, and go home feeling like we just did something smart." - d8ff752
(#35)
Old
Monoliath Offline
Tryptogryphic Time-Keeper

My Mood: Yeehaw
Default 03-03-2008, 06:08 PM

SORRY

wrong thread.

"As the bonds of flesh are broken, the world becomes apparent"
(#36)
Old
burncycle3008 Offline

Default 06-22-2008, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dawhiterabbit@Nov 4 2005, 01:58 AM
i donate $10 a month....why not it is a place that i like and care for so i want to keep it thriving.
Word. I'm just curious to see what the monthly donations are actually at. Can you PM them to me if I promise never to tell?

-- EDIT:

Quote:
Larger Donations

All Larger Donations may be eligable for a variety of different perks/benifits from the dextroverse, please contact [email protected] for details.
Just how large we talking, cuz I donated $50 yesterday. I like the idea of being able to buy others custom tags. Can we do that?

-- END EDIT ---

"Probably, then, in dreams we see things which to our waking state are unreal, although not wholly unreal; for they exist in our dreams, just as waking realities exist although non-existent in dreams."

- Sextus Empiricus
(#37)
Old
jaywillie Offline

Default 05-15-2009, 03:49 PM

every forum ive gone to asking for donations gaurantees some sort "vip" tag and treatment... consider this and i may try to scrounge up some sort of money and get it into my paypal
(#38)
Old
nigtv Online
in with love girl panther

My Mood: Yeehaw
Default 05-16-2009, 03:08 AM

That idea has been brought up before i think, the one about the donations for services one, and I dont think it was met with too much approval. We don't have banner ads here for a reason (or at least ive been told theres a reason, and it makes sense to me). The dextroverse and all of its services, in my opinion, should be free and with the same criteria for all members. I'm assuming that when you (a post or two up or so) say where it is (at), you mean to ask how much is given every month. We did used to have a meter for it on the forum home page, but I don't think that it was updated very often, was a pain in the ass to verify, and didn't really do much good at all.

I can tell you that as far as I know, all of the money goes towards a very small number of things, and the account isnt accessible, except to 2 or 3 people (maybe even one...?), and all of it, every last penny, goes directly into the dextroverse. If you feel inclined to donate, then its something to consider, but I dont think there has ever been even the slightest hint that donating was mandatory, or that you would get large wide recognition for it, goes along with the whole no pop-up ads thing...

(#39)
Old
Jeremy Offline
In Memory Of...

Default 05-17-2009, 08:36 PM

I've been accepted as part of this community and it's really been lovely, life changing, and fun. $5 was all I gave but that does not translate to the support I have for this community. Once I'm a millionaire expect a large monthly donation

edit: to clarify this was a one time donation, but i'm going into work tomorrow to tell my boss i quit, and It's possible i wind up in debt as of this "private contractor" bullshit where they charge you a significantly increased tax rate. so i'm seriously poor now and thus moving back into the parents house for the summer.

I feel like i need to be healthy and not binging on drugs first so i dont burn out at work. i made ~$460 for 69 hours of pure typing (no, breaks aren't not included) as fast as i can. This job is scam for dumbass college kids (90% of employees there were attending the local university). But the owner of this "private contractor" place. . .he was making the big bucks.

Fuck capitalism.

(Yes I am fucked up as shit)