The Dextroverse

The Dextroverse (http://dextroverse.org/forums/index.php)
-   DXM-related News (http://dextroverse.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Guild Welcomes Cold Medicines Reclassification - Scoop.co.nz (press release) (http://dextroverse.org/forums/showthread.php?t=67092)

void 07-26-2010 02:30 AM

Guild Welcomes Cold Medicines Reclassification - Scoop.co.nz (press release)

Guild Welcomes Cold Medicines Reclassification - Scoop.co.nz (press release)
07-26-2010 01:21 AM

Read Full Article Here...

(This thread was automatically posted from Google's RSS feed for news articles containing the term 'Dextromethorphan')

viscosity 07-26-2010 07:13 PM

Quote:

Guild Welcomes Cough And Cold Medicines Reclassification

The Pharmacy Guild of New Zealand (the Guild) has welcomed Medsafe’s move to restrict the sale of cough and cold medicines containing the cough suppressant, dextromethorphan, and the decongestant, phenylephrine. These medicines will be reclassified to pharmacy-only for children under 12 years of age.

These changes are in line with recommendations made to the Health Minister by the Medicines Classification Committee and Medsafe. They follow concerns about the safety of these medicines in children and are similar to changes being made or considered in other countries, such as Australia and the United Kingdom.
This isn't such bad news since it only effects those under 12 (who shouldn't be dexing anyway).

WMW 07-26-2010 09:50 PM

It's the beginning of the end. If they can argue that kids shouldn't have access to DXM because of potential harm/abuse, they can make the same argument for under 18, then for a society. That is where we are headed currently in the US

Massive Blowjob 07-29-2010 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viscosity (Post 948157)
This isn't such bad news since it only effects those under 12 (who shouldn't be dexing anyway).

Agreed. This isn't really bad news at all.

HAha, "The guild." Sounds so... secretive, like "Illuminati" or "Freemasons."

necrophage 07-29-2010 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WMW (Post 948214)
It's the beginning of the end. If they can argue that kids shouldn't have access to DXM because of potential harm/abuse, they can make the same argument for under 18, then for a society. That is where we are headed currently in the US

so you're fine with a world with twelve year olds accessing the potentially damaging and psychosis inducing effects of dextromethorphan without any disgression at all?

I am in agreeance with those saying this isn't a bad thing

brin_vg 07-30-2010 02:42 AM

This is confusing.. I'm in New Zealand and DXM products are already pharmacy only (nation-wide, afaik) and have been for as long as I can remember. There are only two stores in my city where Robitussin isn't behind the counter.

Solar Rainbow 07-30-2010 06:14 AM

Hey brin, I'm from NZ too and the limit is any cough medicine containing over 250mg of dxm is only available from pharmacies.

Vicks dry cough is available from new worlds all over and although horrible and thick, is a source of dxm only cough syrup if you are desperate. You can also find it in gas stations, although they overcharge. So i assume vicks and phenylephrine products will be removed from supermarkets.