Server: irc.dextroverse.org
Ports: 6667 or 7000 SSL: 6697 or 9999
Room: #dextroverse

DV IRC How-To || mIRC Chat Link
Dextroverse Donations!
$65.00$100.00
Our goal is $100.00 in monthly donations to pay for the server costs
We currently have $65.00 per month.
Donate $5.00/month via PayPal || Full Donation Information || Make a One-Time Donation
SITE NEWS: Incriminating Pictures & Your Safety
Be a part of the Dextroverse DXM Community!
Registration is free and only takes a moment!
Choose a Username and Password, Login, Write a Short 200-Word Introduction, and Join the Community!

- Gain Access to 15+ Member Only Forums!
- Be able to Reply and Post New Topics!
- Comment on Latest DXM News!
- Access to a Private Messenger!
- Access to your own Control Panel!
- Be able to create your own Profile!
- Set your own options of how to view the forums!
- Use Many More Member Features!
( Log In | Register )

Help | Search | Members | Calendar

current drug trends in Yuma, Yuma, AZ
« Next Oldest | Next Newest » Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
drdĒv€
Posted: Nov 28 2007, 03:06 AM

Santa called me a HO... 3 times!

Group: Lead Administrators
Member No.: 140

November 27, 2007 - 11:28PM
The growing trend in Yuma among teens is the abuse of prescription and over-the-counter medication, according to Yuma Police Officer Erick Resendiz.

"They don't see anything wrong with taking them because the drugs were prescribed by a doctor or they can be bought at a store," Resendiz said. "They get them from the parents medicine cabinets, from sick or ill relatives, or buy them from their friends."

Resendiz, who is also the school resource officer at Kofa High School, gave an informal presentation at the Yuma Police Department Tuesday night to inform parents and the public about the current drug trends among teens both here in Yuma and nationwide.

"A lot of parents don't know the types of drugs out there that their children could possibly be exposed to. They need to realize that their children can go through their medicine cabinets and drink cough syrup to get high."

And the most commonly sought after of these over-the-counter drugs, according to Resendiz, is dextromethorphan or just DXM. It can be found in a wide variety of cold and flu medications, and teenagers are abusing it because they can get high off its main ingredient.

"There are Web sites out there that give kids instructions on how to build up their tolerance slowly so they can take an entire box to get high," Resendiz said.

The biggest danger he said with abusing over-the-counter and prescription medication is that often the child taking the drug has no idea what they are ingesting.

While the Yuma-area teens seem to be interested in experimenting with prescription and over-the-counter medication, alcohol, tobacco and marijuana are still the most commonly abused drugs, Resendiz warned.

"These drugs are called gateway drugs and they have been around for a very long time. They are called gateway drugs because they can lead to the use of other drugs."

The presentation, which was held in cooperation with Kofa High School, was also intended to help parents recognize the signs of drug use in their children.

"If a parent can recognize the signs of drug experimentation in their child, they will be able to intervene before it becomes an addiction," Resendiz said. "Parents have to be able to have full disclosure with their kids when it comes to talking about drugs."

Among those who attended the presentation was Mike Hosko, a grandfather of four children and member of Parents on Patrol at Yuma and Kofa High School.

"I have ulterior motives for being here," Hosko said. "Kids can be tricky so if you don't know the behaviors or the drugs they could be exposed to, you may not know what is going on."

Parents on Patrol is a volunteer program that encourages parents, grandparents and other relatives to volunteer their time to assist school personnel by observing and listening on the campus and reporting to the school administrator.

Hosko, who spends his Fridays at the schools, say he remembers the stories his children, who are both grown up now, used to tell him about the drug use they were exposed to when they went to school.

"This will help me identify all the new things," Hosko said.

Some of the other drugs Resendiz talked about were steroids, Ecstasy, marijuana, "cheese" and strawberry meth.

According to Resendiz, there has been growing national trend in the use of a drug with the street name of "cheese" among teens.

"Cheese," he said is a mix of Mexican black tar heroin and cold medication. Another drug growing in popularity, he said, is what is known as strawberry meth, which is methamphetamine mixed with strawberry drink powder mix.

http://www.yumasun.com/news/drugs_38042___...s_resendiz.html

--------------------
Growing old is mandatory... growing up is optional. ;)

Know your body, Known your mind, Know your substance, Know your source

RIP RDT 12-27-65/6-04-06
Brother, Friend, Confidante & Co-Conspirator

"All of my heroes have now become ghosts"

"friends help you move... best friends help you move bodies."

Reverend Tulasi
Posted: Nov 28 2007, 04:10 AM

Third Plateau

Group: Members
Member No.: 11468

QUOTE (drdĒv€ @ Nov 28 2007, 03:06 AM)
"There are Web sites out there that give kids instructions on how to build up their tolerance slowly so they can take an entire box to get high," Resendiz said.

Oh yeah? Name one .

--------------------

Add Me on MySpace!

dianne
Posted: Nov 28 2007, 05:49 AM

First Plateau

Member No.: 11922

No kidding. The more I read these dxm "news", the more inaccuracies and falsehoods I see. They just get worse and worse.

I swear they have some guy sitting in a chair saying, "How can we make this sound really bad?"

Monoliath
Posted: Nov 28 2007, 06:25 AM

Tryptogryphical Time-Keeper

Group: Staff
Member No.: 2754

With each new press release, the propaganda content just gets higher and higher.

--------------------
If you wanna live in a world in which all the dangers are "taken care of" for you then you must give up all your freedom. Don't be surprised if you suddenly find that not only are the dangers are still there, but there are even more of them, with the greatest of them coming from the very entity you trusted to "protect" you. And you'll be a slave, since that's what it means to not have any freedom.

I, for one, would rather live with danger and retain my freedom. I'd much rather live with the probability of being killed by a terrorist than give up an ounce of my freedom to "fight" those terrorists.

"guitar hero is horrible. i hate it. it's a representation of the decline of everything in this world" - Amide

lund
Posted: Nov 28 2007, 05:23 PM

Third Plateau

Member No.: 10528

I need to get my ass to Yuma, sounds to me like they have more ~spooooooky eeeevil druuuugs~ than we have here in buttfuck Mesa.

--------------------
"The cough syrup is kickin' in again."-Adam Sandler

lyrrad85
Posted: Nov 28 2007, 05:54 PM

papa bear slumber forum

Member No.: 7402

why would anyone want to raise thier tolerance or take more of something? that tottaly defeates the purpose of zicam and freebase!

--------------------
there once was a man from texas
he came back from haiti with hexes
and then from then on
he looked like a frog
so now all he does is dexes

Reverend Tulasi
Posted: Nov 28 2007, 09:45 PM

Third Plateau

Member No.: 11468

QUOTE (lyrrad85 @ Nov 28 2007, 05:54 PM)

why would anyone want to raise thier tolerance or take more of something? that tottaly defeates the purpose of zicam and freebase!

In a way it is true, it depends on how you percieve the quote. Wouldn't it be a logical albeit naieve observation explained through the eyes of someone who doesn't actually have any experience in the field of the subject matter for which he is speaking? To say that there are websites such as the DV where people teach other people by self-examples of how to reach new heights with chemical substances would be true. Although the focus isn't on the ability to ingest larger quantities of over-the-counter medication over time, the ability to ingest larger quantities of DXM in safer and purer ways is .

This post has been edited by Tulasi on Nov 28 2007, 09:46 PM

--------------------

Add Me on MySpace!

Criptin
Posted: Nov 28 2007, 11:45 PM

Dextroverse Regular

Member No.: 12047

Was gonna contridict this but I waited to long apparently. -.-

Anyways,

Will someone please give me instructions to build up my tolerance so I can take an entire box (of?) to get hiiiiiigh?

This post has been edited by Criptin on Nov 28 2007, 11:45 PM

--------------------
user posted image
-----------Science Hates You-----------
Drugs And The Government. The Two Things That You Will Never Have Full Control Over.

DEXmonic
Posted: Nov 29 2007, 08:41 PM

Dextroverse Regular

Member No.: 9299

"If a parent can recognize the signs of drug experimentation in their child, they will be able to intervene before it becomes an addiction," Resendiz said.

Grrr...I hate how he automatically assumes addiction is inevitable.

--------------------

Criptin
Posted: Nov 29 2007, 10:05 PM

Dextroverse Regular

Member No.: 12047

Grrr...I hate how he automatically assumes addiction is inevitable.

God I know! Fuck them though. smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image
-----------Science Hates You-----------
Drugs And The Government. The Two Things That You Will Never Have Full Control Over.

9 replies since Nov 28 2007, 03:06 AM Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic

<< Back to DXM-related News

Š 2000-2007 Dextroverse Inc.

Site developed by Void

Site redesign by Væ§ølis

Forum Skin & Designs by PeoplesMind