The Dextroverse

The Dextroverse (http://dextroverse.org/forums/index.php)
-   DXM-related News (http://dextroverse.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Over-the-counter "paranormal" drug used by 3.1 million Americans to get high (http://dextroverse.org/forums/showthread.php?t=65995)

Walkaway 05-19-2010 03:52 PM

Over-the-counter "paranormal" drug used by 3.1 million Americans to get high

Quote:

OVER THE COUNTER "PARANORMAL" DRUG USED BY 3.1 MILLION AMERICANS TO GET HIGH
Drug Policy — POSTED BY David Luke on April 12, 2010 at 11:18 am

According to a recent report from the US based on SAMHSA’s National Survey on Drug Use and Health, “…the cough suppressant dextromethorphan (DXM) is found in more than 140 over-the-counter (OTC) cough and cold medications. In 2006 about 3.1 million persons aged 12 to 25 (5.3%) had ever used an over-the-counter cough and cold medication to get high; that is, used it nonmedically. Nearly 1 million persons aged 12 to 25 (1.7%) had used an over-the-counter cough and cold medication to get high in the past year.”

What isn’t popularly known is that at high enough doses the dissociative drug DXM causes subjective paranormal effects similar to those of ketamine, such as out-of-body experiences (OBEs), near-death experiences, a loss of the sense of causality, a sense of presence, encounters with entities, and the occasional experience of extra-sensory perception (White, 1997, Price & Lebel, 2000). These reports were also corroborated by a recent survey on paranormal experience with psychoactive drugs that I conducted with Dr. Marios Kittenis of the University of Edinburgh. We found that several of our survey respondents acknowledged having experiences of clairvoyance, psychokinesis, OBEs, mystical-type experiences, and telepathy in particular (Luke & Kittenis, 2005). Several respondents also independently reported using DXM with others for the explicit purpose of having group telepathic experiences, which they believed to be real and recurrent.

DXM remains a legal drug at the present time, and with increasing numbers of people taking it for non-medical purposes the prevalence of subjective paranormal experiences occurring amongst the public due to this drug must be becoming quite considerable, though no statistics are currently available. Furthermore, no research to date has tested the possibility that these reported telepathic and other experiences with DXM might actually be genuine. Previous research testing the efficacy of psychedelic agents in the production of ESP, mostly conducted throughout the 1960’s with psilocybin and LSD, showed some promising results, despite frequently using novice trippers (Luke, 2005). By the same token, however, much of this research also needed much better controls but certainly encouraged the idea that these drugs may be able to induce genuine psychic experiences, as claimed by shamans across continents and since antiquity. The latest such research project of this kind, using psilocybin and cannabis, was conducted with seemingly adequate controls at the University of Amsterdam by Prof. Dick Bierman and generated very interesting results, partially supporting the apparent efficacy of these substances in stimulating legitimate psychic (i.e., telepathic, clairvoyant or precognitive) phenomena (Bierman, 1998). Further research is certainly begging at this time.

David Luke
http://www.brainwaving.com/2010/04/1...s-to-get-high/

Of course, the author ignores the fact that the SAMSHA study only concerned itself with the 12-25 age group; the overall number of living Americans who have ever used DXM is undoubtedly higher than the one reported here (DXM abuse is not a recent innovation).

Durandal 05-19-2010 04:28 PM

They walk among us. They look just like us. They are not human.

The 'paranormal' title made me giggle.

Xvall 05-19-2010 04:58 PM

yeah dxm summons phantoms

Bhikku 05-19-2010 05:03 PM

paranormal drug addicts, those are the worst.

torque 05-19-2010 05:14 PM

I've said it before; I'll say it again — we need to apply for a research grant. Our collective experience is a researcher's goldmine. Not only can we conclusively prove that these paranormal experiences are indeed true and caused by DXM, we'll also be able to cover our server costs for a long time to come. Win!

Bhikku 05-19-2010 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by torque (Post 929335)
I've said it before; I'll say it again — we need to apply for a research grant. Our collective experience is a researcher's goldmine. Not only can we conclusively prove that these paranormal experiences are indeed true and caused by DXM, we'll also be able to cover our server costs for a long time to come. Win!

i'd got for tax-free religion status myself.:biggrin:

Thomas Jefferson Monk 05-19-2010 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by torque (Post 929335)
we'll also be able to cover our tussin costs for a long time to come. Win!

Hell yeah. I say we do it.

Massive Blowjob 05-19-2010 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bhikku (Post 929336)
i'd got for tax-free religion status myself.:biggrin:

I'm with bhikku on this one. First Church of Robot-Tussin.

Consider american culture, what will be taken more seriously by the "laymen," a religion or a sober, scientific investigation?

Jesus loves DXM.

OtherSyde 05-19-2010 11:14 PM

Oh great, that's all we need; more attention on DXM. No one would make it illegal so far because it has no real alternative except codeine, and it was always sort of underground. If it suddenly explodes into popularity and becomes the next LSD, the next widespread spiritual craze, it WILL be banned. They'll be forced to ban it because millions of stupid n00bs, retards, high-school party-kids and retarded college freshman looking to get fucked up and/or "find God" will OD on it, or just make asses out of themselves in public and blame the drug instead of their own stupidity. And of course the media will play up the bad aspects because that's what gets ratings from the stupid frumpy-ass old people that never leave their living rooms and live on the "information" that the news tells them, actually believing what the idiot box tells them.

It won't be the DXM Revolution, it will be the DXM Crucifixion, just like what happened to acid in the 60's. ESPECIALLY since the entire idea that sets it apart is that DXM causes some sort of "paranormal activity," but NO ONE ON THIS PLANET actually has the ability to measure this type of shit. You'll just end up seeing videos on TV and YouTube of people sitting around in circles slobbering on themselves and babbling, with some "scientists" rambling about how the brainwaves they are measuring are slightly different somehow, which none of the retard laymen that comprise 80% of our primitive society will ever believe anyway.

It's a lost cause, and will only result in the death our whole little subculture here. Much better to stay in the dark.

nina 05-20-2010 12:01 AM

Oh man...sign me up for this!! I've been wanting to participate in paranormal research regarding dxm for ages.

I even have the dxm...all I would need is a small amount of money to keep my life functioning during this period, since I've discovered that getting to the point where I am blowing lightbulbs on a consistent basis makes it too difficult to try to live a normal life and go to school/work. I would love to dedicate a month or something to just dexing in order to actually get documented proof of some of the paranormal things going on. It would be so worth it...and I'm convinced that the results would be incredible.