The Dextroverse

The Dextroverse (http://dextroverse.org/forums/index.php)
-   DXM-related News (http://dextroverse.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Donate To The Dextroverse! (http://dextroverse.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3242)

OPTIMUS_PRIME 11-15-2003 10:10 PM

--------------------
Donation!
--------------------
Donation Goals

Create a stable stream of $100/month to pay for a dedicated server to expand dextroverse services.

Our ultimate goal is to be able to have the site pay for itself, but in order to do this the site needs sponsorship to pay the bills. If you, your company, or anyone else you know would be interested in sponsoring the site please feel free to email [email protected].

Please do not feel obliged or awkward about making a donation, but if you've found anything on the site useful and would like to say 'thank you' then you have the way to say thanks!
--------------------
A Few Notes About Donations

1) All donations go towards *only* the website, not towards buying anything else. All money will go twoards dedicated servers, web space, and server software.

2) All donations are non-refundable.

3) Donations do not gaurentee service of the dextroverse, or the site (though we will most definantly be open for bussiness for a long time to come--if we can help it).
--------------------
Thanks!

Thanks for your support!
The Dextroverse Staff (0 4 sho will)

Hamletthunktoomuch 11-18-2003 01:43 PM

Who is the knowledge bot? And when would I get a tote bag if I donate?

OtherSyde 11-20-2003 12:32 AM

True... I'm interested in donating, but don't have a credit card or PayPal account... Can I just send money/checks/money orders or what...? :eh:

Hamletthunktoomuch 11-20-2003 11:27 AM

This would help me as well.

*bump

Drosserden 11-20-2003 01:38 PM

Yeah You'll have a package "Coming" to you in the mail.

C20H25N3O 12-13-2003 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by VisionQuest@Nov 20 2003, 12:32 AM
True... I'm interested in donating, but don't have a credit card or PayPal account... Can I just send money/checks/money orders or what...? :eh:
has this question been answered? Economicaly the better the acessability the better the return. In this case the example of acessabilty could quite possibly include money, checks, and even more preferably for me money orders. :sly:

Also, in light of the updated navigation bar on the default Dextroverse Skin, I have decided this is a good time for a bump.

PeoplesMind 12-14-2003 12:35 AM

Yes! If you want to contribute by mail, please contact me on IRC.

C20H25N3O 01-04-2004 11:15 PM

I should still contact nitin on this, right?

PeoplesMind 01-05-2004 12:28 AM

Yes, either contact me on IRC.

Or you can contact void.

Bevo 05-18-2004 05:21 AM

hello I just donated $20

silent voice of seduction 09-01-2004 08:37 PM

Are the one-time donations listed somewhere? Just curious.

vmgravity 08-03-2005 08:30 PM

Bump for my $10/month.

nazrhyn 08-03-2005 10:41 PM

Excellent!

Your donation(s) is(are) much appreciated.

ranticalion 08-04-2005 05:36 PM

The counter at the top was at $80 before I started donating $10/month and now with vmgravity donating is the server now paid for monthly or did some people stop donating or what?

greengovernment 08-04-2005 06:12 PM

I would really like to help out the dextroverse because it has helped me so much, but I would rather pay like $2-3 a month seeing as how I am pretty poor as it is. I think you would get a lot more supporters too if you could just select your amount, even as small as it is, every little bit does help.

Shadow 08-04-2005 11:30 PM

i donated! one dedicated shoutcast server, with a broadband and dialup stream. and tomarrow an eggdrop. go me. im bored. feed me. play with me. ;) play with me hahahaha, whats on TV?

nazrhyn 08-05-2005 01:21 AM

The counter at the top is updated manually; and, as you surmised, often when it /is/ updated, some people have stopped donating and others have started.

As for your questions about lower donation amounts: you could always just donate $2-$3 per month manually using the one-time donation link. :)

dooftard 08-05-2005 01:23 AM

I donated once, the donations bar didn't even go up..but then again it was like 2$(i think..)

nazrhyn 08-05-2005 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by dooftard@Aug 5 2005, 01:23 AM
I donated once, the donations bar didn't even go up..but then again it was like 2$(i think..)
It's only adjusted for registered monthly donations.

ranticalion 08-06-2005 06:28 PM

So... we're still at $80 then?

nazrhyn 08-07-2005 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ranticalion@Aug 6 2005, 06:28 PM
So... we're still at $80 then?
Not sure if nitin has updated it recently...

the_phoenix 09-08-2005 11:06 AM

I would donate if, say, I knew that this month the $100 mark was not met. So if you can make the info available near the end of every month, I'm sure there would be enough response to meet $100. We don't want the owners to dig into their own pockets, I'm sure I'm not alone in this line of thought.

silent voice of seduction 09-08-2005 11:57 AM

I have donated before and I'd generally consider doing it again. However, what irritates me is the lack of transparency. I had an automatic monthly payment in place for a couple months, yet the display ("we currently have 85$/month") never changed. If we actually have like $150 a month already, I won't donate. If we have $30, I'll strongly consider it. I just wanna know what the situation is.

Starman 11-01-2005 06:03 AM

I donated, but I didn't see the bar move. Did my money make not make it or what?

strange_r 11-01-2005 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Starman@Nov 1 2005, 06:03 AM
I donated, but I didn't see the bar move. Did my money make not make it or what?
The bar only moves if you do a "monthly subscription" donation. Also, I think Nitin said he updates it manually.

Dread Oh Dreads 11-02-2005 05:26 PM

I just donated $100000 so take that, bitches
:pr0zac: :pr0zac: :pr0zac:

ferk 11-02-2005 05:59 PM

update the ammount of money the DV has and i will donate...

Vertigo 11-03-2005 05:12 PM

I think another donation incentive should be custom tags for payment. Now, I know you have your 1000 posts or whatever and you get custom tags....which would probably be erradicated under this new motion. The kicker is, you cannot buy your own tag, you can only buy tags for others. This is done on the GenMay forum and it's really successful, and a lot of fun. I mentioned this idea to Nitin, and I hope he didn't forget about it. What do you guys think about it?

Hamletthunktoomuch 11-03-2005 05:24 PM

Good idea, Vertigo.

dawhiterabbit 11-03-2005 05:58 PM

i donate $10 a month....why not it is a place that i like and care for so i want to keep it thriving.

Hamletthunktoomuch 11-04-2005 04:05 PM

I will put a 5 dollar bill in the mail today if my name gets changed to Ryan in the next 30 minutes.

state_of_flux 02-09-2006 04:15 AM

i just dropped 15 dolla because this is a very well run website. i truly do enjoy coming here and sharing with people and i'm glad there are so many strangefolks here that are REAL. i have rarely come across a site that offers so much accurate information (besides erowid) and where people will really respond to your questions (sometimes even relatively quickly). anyways, just wanted to share my love for tha DV. and thank the moderators, cuz all in all, i think you guys do an excellent job. :thumbsup: peeeeace ninjas

FDR 09-05-2006 06:17 PM

I just donated twenty bucks to the DV for no apparent good reason other than it's the first time in awhile I've had a steady job.

I hope my hard earned dollars go to good use in preventing the harm associated with DXM.

Eloivore 06-15-2007 05:54 PM

Since I was asked, it appears you can do regular donations of other amounts of money.

For example: $25 per month

$50 per month

Or any amount of money, really [1]; the URL (remove ALL spaces and line breaks, and replace BOTH instances of XXX with the amount of money in even dollar amount) is:

https: //www.paypal.com/subscriptions/business=wfhigh %40hotmail.com&item_name=Dextroverse+%24 XXX+per+month+Donation&item_number=001& no_note=1&cy_code=USD&a3=XXX.00& p3=1&t3=M&src=1&sra=1

[1] Well, OK, not really. I tried a link for one BEELYUN dollars per month, and it didn't like it.

Monoliath 03-03-2008 06:08 PM

SORRY

wrong thread.

burncycle3008 06-22-2008 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by dawhiterabbit@Nov 4 2005, 01:58 AM
i donate $10 a month....why not it is a place that i like and care for so i want to keep it thriving.
Word. I'm just curious to see what the monthly donations are actually at. Can you PM them to me if I promise never to tell?

-- EDIT:

Quote:

Larger Donations

All Larger Donations may be eligable for a variety of different perks/benifits from the dextroverse, please contact [email protected] for details.

Just how large we talking, cuz I donated $50 yesterday. I like the idea of being able to buy others custom tags. Can we do that?

-- END EDIT ---

jaywillie 05-15-2009 03:49 PM

every forum ive gone to asking for donations gaurantees some sort "vip" tag and treatment... consider this and i may try to scrounge up some sort of money and get it into my paypal

nigtv 05-16-2009 03:08 AM

That idea has been brought up before i think, the one about the donations for services one, and I dont think it was met with too much approval. We don't have banner ads here for a reason (or at least ive been told theres a reason, and it makes sense to me). The dextroverse and all of its services, in my opinion, should be free and with the same criteria for all members. I'm assuming that when you (a post or two up or so) say where it is (at), you mean to ask how much is given every month. We did used to have a meter for it on the forum home page, but I don't think that it was updated very often, was a pain in the ass to verify, and didn't really do much good at all.

I can tell you that as far as I know, all of the money goes towards a very small number of things, and the account isnt accessible, except to 2 or 3 people (maybe even one...?), and all of it, every last penny, goes directly into the dextroverse. If you feel inclined to donate, then its something to consider, but I dont think there has ever been even the slightest hint that donating was mandatory, or that you would get large wide recognition for it, goes along with the whole no pop-up ads thing...

Jeremy 05-17-2009 08:36 PM

I've been accepted as part of this community and it's really been lovely, life changing, and fun. $5 was all I gave but that does not translate to the support I have for this community. Once I'm a millionaire expect a large monthly donation :brickwall:

edit: to clarify this was a one time donation, but i'm going into work tomorrow to tell my boss i quit, and It's possible i wind up in debt as of this "private contractor" bullshit where they charge you a significantly increased tax rate. so i'm seriously poor now and thus moving back into the parents house for the summer.

I feel like i need to be healthy and not binging on drugs first so i dont burn out at work. i made ~$460 for 69 hours of pure typing (no, breaks aren't not included) as fast as i can. This job is scam for dumbass college kids (90% of employees there were attending the local university). But the owner of this "private contractor" place. . .he was making the big bucks.

Fuck capitalism.

(Yes I am fucked up as shit)