Dextroverse >> Links to Main Site & User Controls
|Dextroverse IRC Chat!|
Ports: 6667 or 7000 SSL: 6697 or 9999
DV IRC How-To || mIRC Chat Link
Our goal is $100.00 in monthly donations to pay for the server costs
We currently have $65.00 per month.
Donate $5.00/month via PayPal || Full Donation Information || Make a One-Time Donation
|SITE NEWS: Incriminating Pictures & Your Safety|
( Log In | Register )
|Be a part of the Dextroverse DXM Community!|
Registration is free and only takes a moment!
Choose a Username and Password, Login, Write a Short 200-Word Introduction, and Join the Community!
|- Gain Access to 15+ Member Only Forums!|
- Be able to Reply and Post New Topics!
- Comment on Latest DXM News!
- Access to a Private Messenger!
|- Access to your own Control Panel!|
- Be able to create your own Profile!
- Set your own options of how to view the forums!
- Use Many More Member Features!
| Posted: Jun 2 2003, 11:41 PM
People's Mindless Games
Group: Lead Administrators
Member No.: 2
Joined: 2-June 03
Dextroverse Bulletin Board Rules.
- Original June 2 2003
- Update July 1 2003
--- Added Section 1:7
- Update July 17 2003
--- Added Section 5 (5:1-5:11)
- Update July 25 2003
--- Renamed Section 5:11 to 5:12
--- Added Section 5:11
- Update September 4 2003
--- Added Section 3:8 & 3.9
- Update October 10 2003
--- Amended Section 3.3
- Update March 3 2004
--- Clarification Section 2.2
- Update March 7 2004
--- Added Section 1.8
- Update July 7 2004
--- Clarification Section 2.2
- Update August 20 2004
--- Added Section 3:11 & 3.12
Section 1 : General Provisions
(1) : Behavior : Please carry yourself in the manner consistent with an online chat board. Do not discriminate others because of age, belief, sex, race, religion, education, sexual orientation/affiliation/preference, etc. Though we encourage free speech, there is an extent (i.e. personal insults, bias, etc.)
(2) : Direction of Boards : These boards are for the education of recreational substances and their effects, specifically dextromethorphan. Its use is not encouraged by Owners, Administrators, Moderators, or other Staff. Any such encouragement is engaged by members speaking for themselves, not representative of the Dextroverse community. Taking into consideration encouragement is done at your own risk and Owners, Administrators nor Moderators can not be held responsible for your actions. Please make decisions wisely.
(3) Information : All information contained herein of the Dextroverse Bulletin Boards are for PRIVATE use by board members and cannot be released as public information without approval of the Board Administrator and the person(s) involved in said sequestered data to be released publicly. Please contact an Administrator to gain approval for using said information. According to law, we reserve all rights to intellectual property posted.
(4) : Amendments : More rules may/can/will be added with or without notice, as the situation warrants. For now these are the rules.
(5) : Elastic Clause : Further actions towards situations which arise may be taken as the situation warrants.
(6) : Board Risk : Dextroverse Board Administrators, Moderators, and Staff cannot be held accountable for users' actions outside of the boards. All information contained herein is also considered to be used at your own risk. No official scientific studies or data (unless otherwise cited) can back up any posts made here on the boards.
(7) : Multiple Accounts : Users are no longer allowed to have more than one (1) account. Any more accounts will be deleted on sight; continuing to register more accounts will result in a ban from the dextroverse. If you accidently register 2 accounts PM an Administrator, and they will be happy to delete one of the accounts.
(8) : Cross-Applicability : All rules which are set down in this document for the forums also apply to Dextroverse IRC chat, and private message content on both the forums and the IRC chat.
Section 2 : Drugs and Recreational Substances
(1) : Drug Buying/Selling : There is to be NO exchange or sale of drugs, legal or otherwise on these boards, in any shape, manner, or form. This bulletin board is an online community for the education of dextromethorphan, not for the sale/manufacture of drugs. No POSTS or PRIVATE MESSAGES are to be sent that contain this subject matter. Such messages will result in your removal from the boards.
(2) : Drug Distributors : Please do not disclose or discuss (directy or indirectly) DXM or other chemical (legal or otherwise) distributors on the board. This bulletin board is not a meeting place for online drug nor chemical dealing, and such will not be tolerated. Again, the Dextroverse Administrators, Moderators, Staff or Owners cannot be held responsible for what you do with said information.
(3) : Coricidin Policy : In direct relation to DXM, Coricidin w/Chlorpheniramine Maleate can kill you. Please do not encourage its use. Again, the Dextroverse Administrators, Moderators, Staff and Owners cannot be held responsible for what you do with said information nor do they encourage in any way/shape/form the use of Coricidin w/Chlorpheniramine Maleate. Any posts encouraging the use of Coricidin w/Chlorpheniramine Maleate may be deleted at the will of the Administrator/Moderator.
Section 3 : Other Posting Guidelines
(1) : Flame War : Please do not create a post or reply to a post if your intentions are to start or respond to a flame war.
(2) : Suicide Posts : NO posts about a member about to commit suicide, wanting to commit suicide, or planning to commit suicide are allowed or will be tolerated. If you have information about a member that is in any stage of suicide, please contact your local authorities or the authorities local to that person's home. On another note, it IS ok to talk about past suicide attempts as long as it does not cause you to relapse and to post you are committing suicide. Speaking of past friends who have committed suicide is also tolerated. Otherwise, this rule is extremely enforced. If you break this rule, this will result in a ban from the Dextroverse Boards.
(3) : Personal Insults : Any posts consisting of irrelevant personal insults will be immediately deleted from any thread in which they appear.
(4) : Threats : Any posts containing threats toward this site, the Moderators, any member of these forums, or anyone/thing else will be deleted and action towards the member will result.
(5) : Off-topic Posts : Any post that is off-topic to its forum will be deleted. If you want to post it, post it in the right place. If you fear it's not in the right place, it isn't. Be clear it is in the right place. The first few times the Moderators will simply move the post and notify you; if it persists, Moderators may be free to delete the out of place posts. You have been warned.
(6) : Signature Files : Signature files are no longer allowed to be ridiculously large. If your signature is beyond guidelines, it will be removed. If you wish to post a picture in your signature, it should be no larger than 500 pixels in width and 150 pixels in height. Lines of text should be 10 lines or less including spaces. Also, No plagiarism or copying.
(7) : Personal Information : Any personal information you place on the boards you do so at your own risk, i.e. street adresses, age, vital information, or any other information. Please use your wisdom when posting.
(8) : Illegal Materials : You are NOT allowed to post any future illegal activity, or plans for any future illegal activity. Nor are you allowed to post copyright/trademark infringing items (i.e. "music", "warez", "appz", etc.) Please use your wisdom (and common sense) when posting.
(9) : Requests for Interviews : You are NOT allowed to post any requests for interviews without Administration consent. Please contact PeoplesMind for approval. We welcome responsible journalism, however we are not a breeding ground for sensationalism.
(10) : Edited Posts : If a moderator edits your post, you are not allowed to restore the original text. If you think the editing was unjustified, bring the issue up in the Talk to Staff forum. Editing your edited post to harass or impersonate a moderator is grounds for the deletion of your account. This includes, but is not limited to, reposting locked/closed/edited material.
(11) : Staff Harassment : If you disagree with how the staff comports themselves, please let us know in the 'Talk to Staff' forum. If your criticism is not presented in an adult and contextually appropriate manner, it will be ignored.
(12) : Inappropriate Images : Pornography is not allowed and will be deleted on sight. If you feel you must present an image that might not be "work-safe" please do not use IMG tags or attach the image. use an HTTP link. Any images that you link to that might not be work safe should be accompanied with a "WARNING NWS" line.
Section 4 : Enforcement of Rules
(1) : Punishment : Depending on the violation, severity of action will be taken accordingly. Some posts are simply just deleted. Certain actions may lead to having your posts required to be screened by moderators. Failure to comply with other rules will result in your denied access to the Dextroverse (banishment).
(2) : Equality : Each situtation will be weighed by the person in charge (Administrator/Moderator/Staff) and will be acted on in a case by case basis.
Section 5 : Disclaimer/Dextroverse Acceptable Use Policy
(1) : Chat Rooms and Forums Policy : We may provide chat rooms and forums for our visitors to exchange information and to enjoy themselves. We are not able to read or monitor everything posted in a chat room or forum before our visitors do, so use your best judgment in evaluating and using any information posted in these areas. Postings in our chat areas are made by a variety of visitors, special guests, volunteers, and our staff. We do not guarantee the accuracy of any posting in our chat rooms or to our forums regardless of who the author of the post is. Treat any information that you read in our chat room(s) and forum(s) just as you would any information you receive from a stranger: as a starting point for further investigation. We recommend that you do not rely on any information in a chat room or forum.
(2) : Trademark Information : Many trademarks and service marks may appear on the site. The use of each mark generally requires the prior written consent of the owner of that mark. We attempt to get prior written consent of every trademark found on our site, with the exception of our own trademark(s). If an unauthorized trademark is found on our website in any location (except forums where we have no control over posted items) please contact us and we'll correct it as soon as possible.
(3) : Our Rights Concerning Chat Rooms and Forums : We retain the right, but not the obligation, to monitor the content of the site, including its chat rooms and forums, to determine compliance with this Agreement and any of our other rules. We also retain the right to satisfy any law, regulation or authorized government request. We retain the right, in our sole discretion, to edit, refuse to post, or remove any material submitted to or posted to the site. We also retain the right to move or remove any material that we, in our sole discretion, find to be in violation of the provisions of this agreement or otherwise objectionable. We also retain any other rights not expressly written against in this document.
(4) : Disclosure of Information This Disclaimer specifically prohibits the use of our service for illegal activities. Therefore, the user agrees that the Dextroverse, and any related groups may disclose any and all subscriber information including assigned IP numbers, account history, account use, etc. to any law enforcement agent who makes a written request without further consent or notification to the user. In addition the Dextroverse shall have the right to terminate all service set forth in this agreement. We retain the right to disclose any information as we see fit.
(5) : Our Rights to Material You Submit When you choose to submit any information to the site, you agree to grant us the rights to display, perform, re-use, modify and otherwise use this material as we see fit in this or any medium. We will not in any way sell or distribute your private information submitted to us without your prior consent. We may, in exception to this, publish your username along with the material you submit. We may occassionally publish other information about the author as well.
(6) :Special Admonitions for International Use Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable content. Specifically, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside.
(7) : Indemnity You agree to indemnify and hold the Dextroverse, and its subsidiaries, divisions, advertisers, affiliates, officers, agents, co-branders or other partners, volunteers, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fee(s), made by any third party due to or arising out of content you submit, post, transmit or make available through the service provided by Dextroverse, your use of the Service, your connection to the Service, your violation of the Terms of Service, or your violation of any rights of another.
(8) : General Practices Regarding Use and Storage You acknowledge that the Dextoverse may establish general practices and limits concerning our site(s), including without limitation the maximum number of days that email messages, message board postings or other uploaded content will be retained, the maximum number of email messages that may be sent from or received by an account, the maximum size of any email message that may be sent from or received by an account, and the maximum disk space that will be allotted on the servers on your behalf. You agree that the Dextroverse and our site(s) has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any messages and other communications or other content maintained or transmitted by the Dextroverse. You acknowledge that we retain the right to log off accounts that are inactive for an extended period of time. You further acknowledge that we reserve the right to change these general practices and limits at any time, in its sole discretion, with or without notice.
(9) : No Resale of Service You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of the services of the Dextroverse, use of the services of the Dextroverse, or access to the services of the Dextroverse.
(10) : Disclaimer of Warranties and Liability YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS SERVICE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. BECAUSE OF THE NUMBER OF POSSIBLE SOURCES OF INFORMATION AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE, AND THE INHERENT HAZARDS AND UNCERTAINTIES OF ELECTRONIC DISTRIBUTION, THERE MAY BE DELAYS, OMISSIONS, INACCURACIES, OR OTHER PROBLEMS WITH SUCH INFORMATION. IF YOU RELY ON THIS SERVICE OR ANY MATERIAL AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS SERVICE, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK. THIS SERVICE IS PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS." WE AND OUR AFFILIATES, AGENTS AND LICENSORS CANNOT AND DO NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, CURRENTNESS, NONINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OF THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE. NOR DO WE OR THEY GUARANTEE THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE ERROR-FREE, OR CONTINUOUSLY AVAILABLE, OR THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL WE OR OUR AFFILIATES, AGENTS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY DAMAGES OTHER THAN DIRECT DAMAGES. THIS PROVISION INCLUDES, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR SIMILAR DAMAGES, EVEN IF WE ARE ADVISED BEFOREHAND OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
(11) : Law Enforcement By using this/any site(s)/service(s) related to this site, you agree that you are not currently working for (directly or indirectly) any law enforcement bodies.
(12) : Acceptance By using this site/services related to the site, you agree to abide by the terms of this agreement.
This post has been edited by Ásta on Nov 30 2007, 03:04 PM
Nit's Picks v3
Grand Theft Scapegoat: Ridiculous Jihad Against Video Games
Europe and America do not care for Africa: China and India Do!
Successful Harm-Reduction: Vancouver Halts Drug Epidemic via InSite Program
Fascism & Education: Ron Jones & The Third Wave.
Nitin (Forum PM, IRC)
developed by Void
redesign by Væ§ølis
Forum Skin & Designs by PeoplesMind
Powered by Invision Power Board v1.1.2 © 2003 IPS, Inc.