Server: irc.dextroverse.org
Ports: 6667 or 7000 SSL: 6697 or 9999
Room: #dextroverse

DV IRC How-To || mIRC Chat Link
Dextroverse Donations!
$65.00$100.00
Our goal is $100.00 in monthly donations to pay for the server costs
We currently have $65.00 per month.
Donate $5.00/month via PayPal || Full Donation Information || Make a One-Time Donation
SITE NEWS: Incriminating Pictures & Your Safety
Be a part of the Dextroverse DXM Community!
Registration is free and only takes a moment!
Choose a Username and Password, Login, Write a Short 200-Word Introduction, and Join the Community!

- Gain Access to 15+ Member Only Forums!
- Be able to Reply and Post New Topics!
- Comment on Latest DXM News!
- Access to a Private Messenger!
- Access to your own Control Panel!
- Be able to create your own Profile!
- Set your own options of how to view the forums!
- Use Many More Member Features!
( Log In | Register )

Help | Search | Members | Calendar

Just Say No...to Parental Fear on the Net, Totally Wired
« Next Oldest | Next Newest » Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
drdªv€
Posted: Jun 19 2007, 03:04 PM

Santa called me a HO... 3 times!

Group: Lead Administrators
Member No.: 140

Teens have always experimented with drugs without their parents' knowledge -- at a park, in a car or at a party. Sometimes even at home, right under their noses. Because this generation of teenagers has grown up chronicling their lives online, and because the internet reflects what teens have always done offline, it makes sense that teens would talk about their drug use and attempt to find drugs or alcohol on the web. My generation didn't grow up with the internet -- we had to offer the hapless adult on the street cash to go buy us beer.

USA Today published a story today about how teens are chatting up their drug use online. Like most sensational stories about teen internet use, this one does its job by making parents feel that there is something new and scary happening with teen drug use because of the internet. Is there more information about drugs online? Yes. Is some of it inaccurate or completely bogus? Yes. Is some of it actually accurate and really helpful? Oh, wait, they didn't mention that in the story. Will teens get bad information about drugs and sex from their peers? Of course. They get that offline, too. If anything, the fact that teens are actually documenting their drug use publicly and openly means you can find it and intervene. My guess is that teens in recovery are also talking about what that feels like and inspiring other teens as well.

The best prevention method for teen drug use is talking to your teen. Start early when they're tweens. Give them real information about different drugs, their effects and the risks. Talk to them about not ever driving drunk or impaired. Even if they screw up and get drunk or high, tell them to call you and you'll come pick them up. Just keep talking to them. Bookmark a website like the NIDA, where teens can get solid information about each drug and what it does. Just say no to painting the internet as a new negative force every parent should fear (it's appropriate to be concerned and engaged, but there is no reason to be afraid) -- especially when it's simply reflecting an issue that's always been around, and if anything, bringing it out of the shadows.

The USA Today story did include this nifty glossary of teen slang around drugs:

Candy flipping: A high by combining LSD or acid with Ecstasy.
Crank: Low-quality crystal methamphetamine.
Crunk(ed): To get high and drunk simultaneously, as in, "Yo, we've got beer and weed. Let's get crunked."
Dank: An especially strong type of marijuana that is sticky and hairy. Also, something really great. "That's some strong dank."
DXM: Dextromethorphan hydrobromide. A drug found in over-the-counter cough medicine, which in large quantities causes hallucinations. "I'm out of weed, let's trip on DXM."
Hotboxed: Smoking marijuana in a confined space so it fills with smoke, as in, "Let's hotbox the car."
Krippy: Highest grade of marijuana
Shake: The end bits of a bag of marijuana. "All I've got left from my stash is some shake."
Skag: Heroin
Skunk: A crossbred type of marijuana.
Triple Cs: Coricidin cough and cold medicine. In large quantities, it causes hallucinations. "I'm out of X, but I've got Triple Cs."
Yay: Cocaine

http://totallywired.ypulse.com/archives/20...tal_fear_ar.php

--------------------
Growing old is mandatory... growing up is optional. ;)

Know your body, Known your mind, Know your substance, Know your source

RIP RDT 12-27-65/6-04-06
Brother, Friend, Confidante & Co-Conspirator

"All of my heroes have now become ghosts"

"friends help you move... best friends help you move bodies."

Allen J
Posted: Jun 19 2007, 05:13 PM

IS RILL 2.0

Group: Extirpated
Member No.: 7999

"Yo brah last night-tizzle I got mad hyphy with mah krippy, yo G this time let's kickity kick it with some yay, just text the blackberry"

Working at Circuit City the rest of your life is awesome!

--------------------
"Anyone PM'ing or posting under the Allen J handle isn't me, because I've been banned. please e-mail me to contact me directly"
[email protected]

PsychoHippo
Posted: Jun 19 2007, 07:00 PM

Fourth Plateau

Group: Members
Member No.: 10448

"I'm out of weed, let's trip on DXM."

Because DXM is an undesirable, last-ditch effort to get high in the absence of real drugs.

--------------------
¶§¥ÇHØ Hζ¶Ø¶ØT@Mܧ

Arm
Posted: Jun 20 2007, 01:09 AM

Dextroverse Guru

Member No.: 5040

QUOTE (PsychoHippo @ Jun 19 2007, 06:00 PM)
"I'm out of weed, let's trip on DXM."

Because DXM is an undesirable, last-ditch effort to get high in the absence of real drugs.

Damn straight. It's like drinking Nyquil WITHOUT the alcohol.

UserNOTAbuser
Posted: Jun 25 2007, 10:37 AM

Second Plateau

Member No.: 9644

And WITH the fun. Hey hey hey!

LysergicAcidDiEthylAmide
Posted: Aug 10 2007, 07:34 PM

Second Plateau

Member No.: 11053

hotboxed------ i always called that clam baking

as in "lets clam the car"

which brings me to another thing to mention

for all you pot smokers try this

go into your bathroom close the door put a towel down by the crack if necessary, turn on the shower and the sink as hot as it will get, make sure the window is closed "natrually" and proceed to clambake

--------------------
And why do Kamikaze pilots wear helmets???

Psychotic Break
Posted: Aug 10 2007, 07:39 PM

Perpetually perpetual, indefinately

Member No.: 9102

QUOTE (LysergicAcidDiEthylAmide @ Aug 10 2007, 07:34 PM)
go into your bathroom close the door put a towel down by the crack if necessary, turn on the shower and the sink as hot as it will get, make sure the window is closed "natrually"  and proceed to clambake

That's pretty much the only way I do it any more. Usually though I just turn on the exhaust fan and run a bath. Smoking a blunt in the bath is pretty chill.

Krippy: Highest grade of marijuana

Pfft, around here crippie is usually just a step above mids.

This post has been edited by Psychotic Break on Aug 10 2007, 07:41 PM

--------------------

KINGOFTHEFOREST
Posted: Aug 12 2007, 07:19 PM

Madison Young St. Jamirez

Member No.: 10864

QUOTE (drdªv€ @ Jun 19 2007, 10:04 AM)
DXM: Dextromethorphan hydrobromide.

dude, polisterex for the WIN.

and why didn't they mention that DXM is what's in 3C?

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KzCAlc5H5Y

7 replies since Jun 19 2007, 03:04 PM Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic

<< Back to DXM-related News

© 2000-2007 Dextroverse Inc.

Site developed by Void

Site redesign by Væ§ølis

Forum Skin & Designs by PeoplesMind