Server: irc.dextroverse.org
Ports: 6667 or 7000 SSL: 6697 or 9999
Room: #dextroverse

DV IRC How-To || mIRC Chat Link
Dextroverse Donations!
$65.00$100.00
Our goal is $100.00 in monthly donations to pay for the server costs
We currently have $65.00 per month.
Donate $5.00/month via PayPal || Full Donation Information || Make a One-Time Donation
SITE NEWS: Incriminating Pictures & Your Safety
Be a part of the Dextroverse DXM Community!
Registration is free and only takes a moment!
Choose a Username and Password, Login, Write a Short 200-Word Introduction, and Join the Community!

- Gain Access to 15+ Member Only Forums!
- Be able to Reply and Post New Topics!
- Comment on Latest DXM News!
- Access to a Private Messenger!
- Access to your own Control Panel!
- Be able to create your own Profile!
- Set your own options of how to view the forums!
- Use Many More Member Features!
( Log In | Register )

Help | Search | Members | Calendar

Dishonorable Deceptions, Nashville, TN
« Next Oldest | Next Newest » Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
drdªv€
Posted: Jul 20 2007, 05:05 AM

Santa called me a HO... 3 times!

Group: Lead Administrators
Member No.: 140

An exclusive NewsChannel 5 investigation first exposed recruiters offering to sneak recruits with emotional problems into the United States Army.

That investigation began with the suicide of a local soldier and uncovered the Dishonorable Deceptions.

Now, another soldier from another part of the country is stepping forward to tell a similar story.

He tells our chief investigative reporter Phil Williams that his own story almost ended just as badly.

"These recruiters, they're getting everybody they can get their hands on," Parson says.

Looking back, Parsons says he was drawn to the U.S. Army, like so many other people, by the promise of a brighter future.

"I thought it could definitely pay for college."

But Keith wasn't like other people -- something that, he now suspects, his recruiter seized upon.

"He put it to me in a way that seemed very convincing to me," Keith remembers.

"Do you think he was taking advantage of you?" Williams asks.

Pausing, he answers, "Yeah, I think he definitely was."

Since his early teens, the New Jersey native had been hospitalized, on and off, for mental illness.

"I had been diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder, which is basically just a blending of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder," he says.

It was a history that Keith insists he didn't hold back from his recruiter.

"I told him everything. I told him that the fact that I also had addiction problems," Keith insists.

"And that didn't faze him?" Williams asks.

"No, it did not."

Instead, with the Army struggling to meet its recruiting goals, Keith says his recruiter had some advice of another kind.

Parsons: "He told me just to keep quiet, just not tell him."
Williams: "Just to keep quiet?"
Parsons: "Yes."
Williams: "Why?"
Parsons: "Because he said that would disqualify me from military service."

And soon, he was off to basic training.

But Keith says he quickly realized he was going under again.

"It was too much to handle. There was too much stress. I felt hopeless. I felt like there was no way out."

So he decided he to tell his drill sergeants everything: "I'm struggling. I recently stopped taking medication. My recruiter told me not to tell anybody about this."

And what happened?

"My drill sergeants they told me straight up, they said, 'We're not going to deal with this. We think you are full of (expletive).'"

Not feeling like he had a choice, Keith says he started looking for another way out.

"I had purchased medicine with intent to kill myself," he says.

"Did you try it?" Williams asks.

"Yes, and it didn't work. So I figured you know I'm just going to have to wait until I can try again."

Finally, when the recruits were allowed to go home for the holidays, Keith says he found his chance.

"I went to the store about bought seven boxes of Coricidin and I knew that at that dosage obviously that would do me in."

Instead, he ended up first in the emergency room, then a psychiatric hospital, before being sent back to boot camp.

"It took me overdosing to have them have me see a counselor, somebody that could actually have some say in me being discharged and who wouldn't just blow me off or turn a blind or turn a blind eye basically."

Soon, he was on his way back home -- but not before, he says, he told everyone who would listen about his recruiter's misconduct.

Parsons: "They basically pretended that they didn't hear it."
Williams: "But you told them?"
Parsons: "Yes, I told them. I told them that my recruiter had told me to lie."

Now, Keith says he believes his recruiter did not see him as a person so much as a mission that had to be accomplished.

"These recruiters, they just don't care."

Keith is now undergoing treatment here in the Nashville area.

Even though he had to be sent home because of his mental health issues -- and even though he says he told Army officials that his recruiter told him to lie -- Keith says no one ever contacted him from the Army to investigate the recruiter's conduct.

As for the Army, we contacted its Recruiting Command weeks ago about Keith's case.

They said they would investigate, but they haven't told us anything yet.

http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.a...nav=menu374_2_2

--------------------
Growing old is mandatory... growing up is optional. ;)

Know your body, Known your mind, Know your substance, Know your source

RIP RDT 12-27-65/6-04-06
Brother, Friend, Confidante & Co-Conspirator

"All of my heroes have now become ghosts"

"friends help you move... best friends help you move bodies."

SpiralDarkSeraphim
Posted: Jul 21 2007, 11:22 PM

I was DarkSpyral

Group: Members
Member No.: 1818

Yeah, the recruiters don't care whether the people they sign up for duty are right for service. They just want to meet their quotas. A friend of a friend of mine, was also told to just stay quiet...regarding his homosexuality, when he divulged everything to his recruiter. Fortunately for him he didn't end up going.

--------------------
"That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

infinite
Posted: Jul 25 2007, 08:48 AM

Plateau Sigma

Member No.: 10764

No human beings...just bodies...fodder for the cannons.

Remember this qoute:

"When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die."

--------------------
Be at peace with your mind for in the end it is all you will have
-Me
Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful.

Matter is NOT made up of matter.
God will send you to a place of fire and pain if you don't agree with him....but he LOVES YOU!!!
All powerful, all knowing, but he can't handle money, either!!

vapor
Posted: Jul 25 2007, 01:53 PM

[may.nos.reperio.obscurum]

Group: IRC Operators
Member No.: 1289

i agree that the recruiters will take anyone, and that they could care less about your well being, your just another drone.

however......

Not feeling like he had a choice, Keith says he started looking for another way out.

"I had purchased medicine with intent to kill myself," he says.

"Did you try it?" Williams asks.

"Yes, and it didn't work. So I figured you know I'm just going to have to wait until I can try again."

damn. stupid. not hard to kill yourself with most OTC meds. this is in no way to insult him, it just seems like hes full of shit.

Finally, when the recruits were allowed to go home for the holidays, Keith says he found his chance.

"I went to the store about bought seven boxes of Coricidin and I knew that at that dosage obviously that would do me in."

thats 3,360mg DXM, and 448mg CPM and he stands this day. if its true, just damn. but i smell bullshit.

that would be considered a likely to be fatal dose even for someone with a large tolerance to dxm, and thats dxm alone, im not even getting into the cpm...

This post has been edited by vapor on Jul 25 2007, 01:54 PM

--------------------
user posted image

lyrrad85
Posted: Jul 25 2007, 02:29 PM

papa bear slumber forum

Member No.: 7402

seven boxes all at once?

--------------------
there once was a man from texas
he came back from haiti with hexes
and then from then on
he looked like a frog
so now all he does is dexes

Energy Turtle
Posted: Jul 25 2007, 05:30 PM

Human, After All...

Member No.: 7565

He probably ingested a box or two before he could finish the rest and vomited it up a few minutes later and thus didn't die but might've experienced toxicity, hence the hospital visit.

This post has been edited by TheGreatDeceiver on Jul 25 2007, 05:30 PM

--------------------
"To shed the boring, accepted realities that suffocate the majority, and embrace or confront what lies beyond. Confronting a sea, a moor, or standing upon a mountain, you can almost hear the unknown, invisible presences; you know they are there, almost within touch, speaking an arcane language, and you feel the power rise up within you as you become a receiver to such sublime presences. A pantheistic and atavistic surge of ultimate energy and power, and it makes you laugh with pure delight or cry with gratitude. Some may interpret the metaphysical revitilisation as a religious experience. Others as a pagan source of power, causing them to laugh and dance with savage delight at the cosmic insignificance of humanity. The nature of unconditional freedom is instinctively seized and wielded."

FDR
Posted: Jul 27 2007, 05:21 PM

Hillary Clinton - The Right Man for the Job!

Group: Extirpated
Member No.: 6578

Keith was/is a member of the DV. This story was posted already under site news.

"For anyone that remembers Keith."

--------------------
Jimmy Stewart Mix 2 %_% Jimmy Stewart Mix 1

"Certainty and correctness are completely unrelated at best, and, at worst, inversely proportional." -Eloivore

Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in.
- Leonard Cohen

Kaiserin
Posted: Jul 29 2007, 01:54 AM

eudaimonistic oikeiôsis

Group: Staff
Member No.: 1866

QUOTE (Hamlet @ Jul 27 2007, 05:21 PM)
Keith was/is a member of the DV. This story was posted already under site news.

"For anyone that remembers Keith."

I was actually just about to ask.....

--------------------
"I don't come from a moralistic,religious,ethical, or hell by most accounts even healthy background. If I have it within me to wish for the greater good of others and the awareness that I should act on those intentions even if they can cause me a considerable amount of pain, why not everyone else? I'm certainly not under any sort of impression that I'm special after all."

7 replies since Jul 20 2007, 05:05 AM Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic

<< Back to DXM-related News

© 2000-2007 Dextroverse Inc.

Site developed by Void

Site redesign by Væ§ølis

Forum Skin & Designs by PeoplesMind