Server 2: dvirc.dyndns.org
Ports: 6667 or 7000 SSL: 6697 or 9999
Room: #dextroverse

DV IRC How-To || mIRC Chat Link
Dextroverse Donations!
$30.00$100.00
Our goal is $100.00 in monthly donations to pay for the server costs
We currently have $30.00 per month.
Donate $5.00/month via PayPal || Full Donation Information || Make a One-Time Donation
SITE NEWS: Incriminating Pictures & Your Safety
Be a part of the Dextroverse DXM Community!
Registration is free and only takes a moment!
Choose a Username and Password, Login, Write a Short 200-Word Introduction, and Join the Community!

- Gain Access to 15+ Member Only Forums!
- Be able to Reply and Post New Topics!
- Comment on Latest DXM News!
- Access to a Private Messenger!
- Access to your own Control Panel!
- Be able to create your own Profile!
- Set your own options of how to view the forums!
- Use Many More Member Features!
( Log In | Register )

Help | Search | Members | Calendar

Legislation outlawing DXM goes to governor, after House OKs
« Next Oldest | Next Newest » Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
PeoplesMind
Posted: Apr 16 2006, 04:51 PM

People's Mindless Games

Group: Lead Administrators
Member No.: 2

SPRINGFIELD - Legislation outlawing a common cough syrup ingredient in its pure form was approved Wednesday by the Illinois House.

Dextromethorphan, also known as DXM, is found in products such as NyQuil. However, such medications would not be affected by the measure.

The drug in its pure form can cause seizures, comas and death.

The proposal is in response to the 2004 death of Eric Richardson of Oakland and the 2003 death of Jonathan Frary, an Illinois State University student.

If someone is caught with DXM, they would get one to three years in jail and up to $25,000 in fines. Those caught selling DXM would get three to seven years in jail and $25,000 in fines under the legislation.

House Bill 4300 now goes to the governor for approval. State Rep. Chapin Rose, R-Mahomet, the measure's sponsor, said he does not anticipate opposition.

http://www.pantagraph.com/articles/2006/04...news/111104.txt

--------------------
Nit's Picks v3
Grand Theft Scapegoat: Ridiculous Jihad Against Video Games
Europe and America do not care for Africa: China and India Do!
Successful Harm-Reduction: Vancouver Halts Drug Epidemic via InSite Program
Fascism & Education: Ron Jones & The Third Wave.
Nitin (Forum PM, IRC)
Dextroverse Administrator

the answer
Posted: Apr 17 2006, 10:09 PM

Plateau Sigma

Group: Members
Member No.: 6900

When would this law be going into effect? I know it still needs to be approved by the governer but how long will that take and will it go into effect immediatly?

--------------------
To Fathom Hell
Or Soar Angelic
Just Take A Pinch Of Psychedelic

Quit your fussin and down that tussin.

PeoplesMind
Posted: Apr 18 2006, 01:56 AM

People's Mindless Games

Group: Lead Administrators
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (the answer @ Apr 17 2006, 09:09 PM)
When would this law be going into effect? I know it still needs to be approved by the governer but how long will that take and will it go into effect immediatly?

No idea, most state governments have websites where you can read the bill itself, and the date/timeframe are typically on there.

-Nitin

--------------------
Nit's Picks v3
Grand Theft Scapegoat: Ridiculous Jihad Against Video Games
Europe and America do not care for Africa: China and India Do!
Successful Harm-Reduction: Vancouver Halts Drug Epidemic via InSite Program
Fascism & Education: Ron Jones & The Third Wave.
Nitin (Forum PM, IRC)
Dextroverse Administrator

the answer
Posted: Apr 21 2006, 12:00 AM

Plateau Sigma

Member No.: 6900

QUOTE (PeoplesMind @ Apr 18 2006, 01:56 AM)
QUOTE (the answer @ Apr 17 2006, 09:09 PM)
When would this law be going into effect?  I know it still needs to be approved by the governer but how long will that take and will it go into effect immediatly?

No idea, most state governments have websites where you can read the bill itself, and the date/timeframe are typically on there.

-Nitin

Yea i had checked the site out but it doesnt give any info about the next step.

--------------------
To Fathom Hell
Or Soar Angelic
Just Take A Pinch Of Psychedelic

Quit your fussin and down that tussin.

Sgt Hydrochloride Salt
Posted: Apr 21 2006, 03:28 AM

my body said stop, and I stopped

Member No.: 3122

Let me get this straight: Someone died from X because he used it at his own choice. This is reason enough to put anyone owning X, let alone selling it, in prison.

Why are bungee cords still legal? Ladders? Bicycles?

I have thought these thoughts so often they have formed permanent, burned-out pathways of destruction in my brain.

Sometimes I think that's the point of prohibition. Establishing rules so crazy and unbalanced you can't help but go insane.

This post has been edited by Sgt Hydrochloride Salt on Apr 21 2006, 03:29 AM

--------------------
This is the secret they keep trying to hide from you: You are God, and your only sin is that you allowed yourself to forget that.

Vendor legitimacy check

DXM User
Posted: Apr 21 2006, 11:38 AM

sunshine superman

Member No.: 2828

So now there's no way to have the substance in its SAFEST form without breaking the law?

Eh, I don't care, extractions work fine for me, and it's not like anybody's gonna be in my room when I do it.

Wait wait wait --- so RoboGels, DexAlones, etc... they get to circumvent the law? Or does the PEG count as an 'adulterant' thus making it 'safe'?

--------------------
QUOTE (gamma)
how anybody can help anybody when anybody when nobody

kababs r good: All I was thinking about was "I'm ordering six cookies" and it was funny

vxdeepphreezexv: you really want to feel the loss of ego?
kababs r good: what ego?

phantom_thief
Posted: Apr 22 2006, 07:46 PM

Logged out.

Member No.: 3172

Do I understand correctly that this is only being proposed as a law in Illinois, or is it being proposed nationwide by Illinois?

Either way, this is just another one of those things where they make a rule and we have to find new ways to break it. Prohibition and the war on drugs are a joke in this country. Too bad there can't be some happy medium to satisfy all parties involved.

--------------------
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.

-Abraham Maslow

CreatureFeature
Posted: Apr 22 2006, 07:54 PM

Member No.: 7067

So hmm....pure form illegal,obviously cough remedies will still be available for purchase there....Im assuming theyll be going behind the counter though?

--------------------
"The best musicians or sound artists are those who never considered themselves artists or musicians." ~ Richard D. James

murmurmaid :-!
Posted: Apr 22 2006, 11:02 PM

FUCK YOUR ERROR

Group: Staff
Member No.: 1360

this is from that page, it might help clear stuff up. i especially like the one i put in bold.

anon wrote on April 06, 2006 3:41 PM:
"Actually, the bill covers situations mentioned by Chelly where someone "cooks" the DXM out of the over the counter meds. It would be illegal to own in "pure form" or in quantities and dosages not approved by the FDA - thus, anyone who "cooks" it out would be guilty under the bill. This strikes a balance between legitimate use by cold-suffers and those who would abuse this substance."

Chelly wrote on April 06, 2006 7:57 AM:
"Ok its gona be ilegal to posess DXM but if its in something else thats ok. That seems silly. You can "cook" the DXM out of Robitussin and Nyquil. Why not put them behind a locked counter too?? I swear cant get allergy pills cuz someone might make meth with em. So lets lock Nyquil and the rest of em up too. Pharmacists should love ya. BTW how is their budget coming?? I see lots of laws being passed but no budget talks. We dont want ya all running over again. "

DXWhat wrote on April 06, 2006 7:43 AM:
"I've never heard of DXM before, it's side affects sound like a blast (sarcasm)."

--------------------
user posted image

Supernaut
Posted: Apr 22 2006, 11:34 PM

I'm still Supernaut

Member No.: 512

QUOTE (DXM User @ Apr 21 2006, 11:38 AM)
So now there's no way to have the substance in its SAFEST form without breaking the law?

I wonder which is safer?

OTC products with DXM as the sole active ingredient produced by major pharmacuetical companies under the close observation and restriction of the FDA....

or

Powder DXM produced and sold by chemical suppliers of questionable legitamacy, with little government control and no official approval for human consumption.

Hmmm.....

--------------------
Jesus Christ, you people suck at drugs - EvS

jaytown
Posted: May 31 2006, 06:10 PM

Mastermind

Member No.: 5338

I spend alot and got a custom bulk order. Signed, paid, and delivered.
It was sent to a business, and picked it up from there,(it costed me 1/2oz of white rhino to pull it off, it was worth it!
pr0zac.gif

--------------------
MASTERMIND

can't catch what you cant see
can't take what you cant find

People thinking about smokin "A" Jay, is cool, but I do have a problem with people thinking about smokin Jay, If your thinking about smokin Jay then I'll kill you before you kill me

10 replies since Apr 16 2006, 04:51 PM Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic

<< Back to Dextromethorphan News

© 2000-2007 Dextroverse Inc.

Site developed by Void

Site redesign by Væ§ølis

Forum Skin & Designs by PeoplesMind