PDA

View Full Version : Illegal Drug Probe Linked To Online Dxm Supplier

PeoplesMind
07-29-2003, 07:36 AM
A Carnegie Mellon University student arrested recently at Pittsburgh International Airport for drug possession has become embroiled in what court papers describe as a "large-scale" federal drug investigation spanning the nation.

An attorney for 20-year-old Mark Parraway, however, said the arrest could be a "very big foul-up" and claimed his client was transporting legal substances as part of a legitimate business.

A further search of Parraway's luggage yielded a plastic bag weighing 790 grams containing suspected Ecstasy, according to a field test by a U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration agent. Also confiscated were several empty baggies and a digital scale.

Parraway told police that through an online company, he buys large quantities of a substance called dextromethorphan, repackages it and sells it.

"Our position is this is legitimate business," Parraway's attorney, William Krzton, said. "At the end of the day, this could be a very big foul-up."

Article : http://www.post-gazette.com/localnews/2003...usted0729p3.asp (http://www.post-gazette.com/localnews/20030729busted0729p3.asp)

Paralysis
07-29-2003, 07:38 AM
Find out which online supplier is in PA. But how do you know he is an online supplier? Maybe i missed something.

SkimmerX
07-29-2003, 08:19 AM
this can't be good. although Ive never heard of these dudes.

Tasuke
07-29-2003, 12:20 PM
A google search for the supplier bring up nothing.. I wonder if they 1) Used the real supplier name 2) Exist 3) Got closed down by the DEA or some shit.

pr0zac
07-29-2003, 07:12 PM
Yeah carrying 790grams of DXM on an airplane is a smart idea. Makes me doubt the screening process at Carnegie Mellon.

-zac

C20H25N3O
07-30-2003, 11:41 PM
MBEtech(?) used to be located in PA. I don't remember if that was the correct name. They used to have real good prices for everything way back when.

Anyway, what I want draw attention to is after reading the whole article I noticed:

The affidavit supporting the request for a search warrant cited a DEA chemist as saying "he is aware of a large-scale nationwide investigation involving one of the companies that Parraway admitted was his source of supply."

Investigation, uh oh. hah

Black Cohosh
08-12-2003, 05:42 PM
Whoa, thats my airport.

dexaholic
08-14-2003, 03:14 AM
i know the guy, he visited me actually the beginning of july, and brought that same kilo of dex with him. he also owns [the company] btw.

Criptin
11-23-2007, 06:33 PM
Wouldnt that be legal though?