View Full Version : 2 charged after overdosing

drdĒv€
04-30-2004, 07:08 PM
2 charged after overdosing on medicine at high school

MEDFORD - Two students were arrested yesterday after overdosing on an over-the-counter cough suppressant at Shawnee High School, police said.

The girls, both 15, took large quantities of Coricidin, police said. The active ingredient, dextromethorphan, is an intoxicant that can impair motor control and cause hallucinations and psychotic episodes if taken in high doses.

The girls were treated at the Virtua Health and Rehabilitation Center in Mount Holly. They were later charged with violating Medford's peace and good order ordinance, police said

Story Here:http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/news/lo....../8555628.htm (http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/news/local/states/new_jersey/8555628.htm)

PeoplesMind
05-01-2004, 12:36 AM
I don't see with what they have been charged with. They failed to mention it, and it doesn't seem quite clear. Public intoxication perhaps?

On a side note, you must refresh the website after visiting it in order to view it (a script they have preventing link-ins)

-Nitin

4The2Season0
05-02-2004, 05:15 PM
They were later charged with violating Medford's peace and good order ordinance

House
05-02-2004, 07:40 PM
What a bunch of shit. Peace & good order ordinance? Give me a fucking break.

Paralysis
05-02-2004, 07:43 PM
I guess that would be disturbing the peace?

:sly:

House
05-02-2004, 07:57 PM
I suppose you can charge them with that, but if that's the case, we all should be charged with something.

I'm sorry, I deal with too many assholes at work alone that should be charged, convicted, and locked up if acting up is a criminal deed. These kids were only hurting themselves, as far as I can see.

Cobra
05-03-2004, 11:48 AM
ah, that's one of the other high schools in my area, and my dad mentioned it to me. didn't think it was newsworthy though. damn, wonder if i know the people.

Kaiserin
07-15-2004, 03:32 AM
Peace & good order ordinance= catch all law so you can arrest people that haven't done anything wrong.