View Full Version : Dangerous Drug Taken By Teens

drdĒv€
02-19-2004, 04:32 PM
FORSYTH COUNTY, N.C. -- It's cheap, it's legal, and available at any drug store.

WXII 12 News' Melissa Marsh investigates the latest, dangerous way for teenagers to get high. Teenagers call it Triple C, Skittles, or Red Devils.

The little red pills are Coricidin HPG, a popular over-the-counter cold medicine that looks like candy and has three C's on it.

Read Complete Story HERE (http://www.wxii12.com/health/2856266/detail.html)

SpiKeD
02-19-2004, 05:01 PM
this is one the stupidest things ive read in a long time....bullshit isn't even the word. and coricidin hpg? good reporting skills... :crazy:

Slinky
02-19-2004, 05:23 PM
"I tried triple C probably when I was a freshman. I took 8 the first time and 6 the second time," said Leslie Miller (pictured, left).

"The first time, I was laying on a bed and I didn't move for about 4 hours. In order to smoke a cigarette, somebody had to hold it up to my mouth and I could barely inhale. I couldn't do anything, I could not move," said Miller. Sooo, you did it AGAIN? damn that's hardcore :P

DXM ABuse
The Warning Signs:
Here are the symptoms to watch for:
#
Clumsy walking and lack of coordination
#
Slurred Speech
#
Nausea and vomiting
#
Heavy Sweating
#
Rigid muscles and involuntary movement
#
Numbness of fingers or toes
#
Tremor
#
Low body temperature
#
Impaired judgment or confusion

How are you supposed to know if someone is numb? they need a new editor or just to do some research. woot go media!

House
02-23-2004, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Slinky@Feb 19 2004, 03:23 PM
"The first time, I was laying on a bed and I didn't move for about 4 hours. In order to smoke a cigarette, somebody had to hold it up to my mouth and I could barely inhale. I couldn't do anything, I could not move," said Miller. Sooo, you did it AGAIN? damn that's hardcore :P

[/quote]
LoL Yeah, if you did it twice, you have no right to bitch at the media. That's plain stupid. You have cause to not like something the first time.... why would you do it twice?

sepulture
02-23-2004, 07:48 PM
I hope I'm not the only one who gets really annoyed reading all this, seeing it on the tv, being questioned by my parents. Doing drugs is one thing, being completely moronic in your drug use is something all by itself. "I like to fuck around with dangerous drugs, and then blame other people. Feel bad for me!!!"