View Full Version : Ricki Lake features DXM

PeoplesMind
02-11-2004, 06:15 PM
Almost 80-billions dollars worth of legal over-the-counter and prescription drugs are sold each year in the U.S., but many of these drugs are falling into the wrong hands and being used illegally. Today's installment of the continuing Exposed series that gives viewers an insiders' look at edgy and taboo subjects examines a frightening and lethal trend among scores of teenagers called "Pharming," where they use inexpensive over-the-counter drugs in a manner unintended by the manufacturer to achieve a euphoric and sometimes hallucinogenic high. From ingesting exorbitant amounts of cough syrup and crushing and snorting cold pills containing the ingredient DXM (causes hallucination when taken in large doses) to stealing powerful prescription painkillers from their parents, today's guests admit that they are addicted to these "legal" drugs. As always, "Ricki" provides a cautionary tale in the form of a 13-year-old boy who was left for dead by his terrified friends after overdosing on his friend's prescription drugs. Resident expert Dr. Tiy-e to offer parents tips to prevent their kids from "Pharming."

READ : http://www.sonypictures.com/tv/shows/ricki/index.htm
Watch Clip : http://www.sonypictures.com/tv/shows/ricki...video/11090.ram (http://www.sonypictures.com/tv/shows/ricki/video/11090.ram) (use up soy bandwidth ;))

5-MeO-ECO
02-11-2004, 06:33 PM
Bwahahahahaha......

Now we really know the media blitz is over. Ricki Lake is picking up the story.

Infected Method
02-11-2004, 06:46 PM
Pharming. Lol.
"I didnt know! I thought they were skittles!" :thumbsup:

kaoticdj
02-11-2004, 07:57 PM
This has nothing to do with that but check out this site and download Jason's Drug Video that shit will make you laugh your ass off.Heres the website http://drugs-plaza.com/movie.htm

Infected Method
02-11-2004, 09:29 PM
your right that has nothing to do with the thread, but funny none the less ;)

rfgdxm
02-11-2004, 10:05 PM
FUCK! I just checked my site logs, noticed an obscene increase in the number of hits, and came to the DV to see if I could find out why. NOW I know. I'm on a pace to blow past the record daily high set after the 20/20 segment. Last month I had to make special arrangements with my host to keep my site online because of 20/20. Fortunately I am on very good relations with my site host, and they did so, and didn't even charge me. I'm gonna have to blow the binaries (some MP3s), as much as it pains me, to keep within bandwidth limits this month. And, at the rate things are going, I'm not sure even that will work. :( I set up my sites on the assumption that interest in DXM would be low enough that the daily number of visitors would be rather low. All this media attention, combined with my SEO skills and my sites coming up very high in search engines, means this is no longer so.

Rexedgeltoe
02-11-2004, 10:19 PM
Wow, I thought that show had been cancelled years ago, though I hardly ever sit down to watch anything but movies anymore. I remember being in the second or third grade, and I'd usually just watch the tail end of ricki lake before the simpsons came on.

After all my drug experiences, tv seems so redundant. I usually find myself just sitting there frowning, and making cynical comments when the commercials come on.

And yeah, I hope your site stays online rdfgdxm.

rfgdxm
02-11-2004, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by DextroGeek@Feb 11 2004, 10:19 PM
And yeah, I hope your site stays online rdfgdxm.
I've already handed off all the passwords, including those for the domains, to someone else to take over my sites should I be unable to do so. I just got an e-mail from "a tearful mother" I must respond to tomorrow. My expeience is such I'll find this is about another DXM death. :( I consider the idea of my sites going offline morally unacceptable.

pr0zac
02-12-2004, 02:12 AM
Ricki Lake. Wow. I can't wait til I'm standing in line at the grocery store and see a DXM cover on Weekly World News.

-zac

crash_pad00
02-12-2004, 02:24 AM
Or TIME!

elven darkness
02-12-2004, 09:16 PM
motherfuckers...there have been pockets of teenagers using DXM for over 30 years now, it just now becomes a problem because of the "war on drugs"

dxm may get media attention but it's up to legaslaters to decide whether to take it off the shelves and drug companys will probably fight them and the all-mighty dollar will most likely win.

even if they do take it off the shelf, they won't take it off the market, it will probably be a "controled substance" but controled for medical use which means you can get it when you are 18+.

people aren't going to stop doing dxm so why illegalize ANOTHER drug???

zagoss
02-25-2004, 08:05 PM
I just saw this episode for the first time 2day so sorry for the late reply.

First of all the guy they had on there couldnt even fuckin pronounce the name of the chemical "dextromethorophan"

Second of all, the only products they mentioned were products with other active ingrediants, they didnt even mention that dxm was a cough suppresant, they just said dxm was a common active ingrediant in most cold medecines.

Third of all Ricki Lake couldnt even fuckin pronounce the name of the chemical and yet she's commenting on how many brain cells you lose from the abuse of said chemical? since when did it become alright and the norm in this society to shoot your mouth off about shit that you know little to nothing about.

Sorry but the ignorance of this show pissed me off.

peace :chug: :chug: :chug: :parinoid:

Supernaut
02-26-2004, 03:38 PM
What kind of fucktard snorts dxm containing cold pills? There's gotta be some dumbass kid out there doing it, after all they cant just make this stuff up...

Infected Method
02-26-2004, 06:57 PM
Is there anyway I can view this episode through my computer? Would pot-tv or someone happen to have it? :eh: