View Full Version : New OK DXM Law

drdĒv€
03-31-2007, 02:32 AM
Committee approves bill to help restrict drug found in cough medicines

A state Senate committee has approved a bill directing state health agencies to work with retailers to implement a program of voluntary restrictions on the sale of medications containing dextromethorphan.

A stronger version banning the sale of the substance known as D-X-M to anyone under age 18 passed a Senate committee earlier in the session. D-X-M is found in many common cough medicines.

Republican Senator Ron Justice of Chickasha says every major retail association has contacted him and expressed support for voluntary restrictions, as opposed to a ban on sales.

Officials say when taken in high dosages, dextromethorphan acts as a powerful hallucinogen that caused 12-thousand-584 emergency visits in the United States in 2004.

The Oklahoma Poison Control Center says D-X-M abuse is on the rise in Oklahoma. Last year, 14-point-7 percent of all reported intentional substance-abuse cases in Oklahoma were linked to D-X-M, compared to 11-point-6 percent in 2005.

The bill's next stop is on the Senate floor.

http://www.kten.com/Global/story.asp?S=6306195

Kang
03-31-2007, 03:33 AM
Most places won't sell zicam/ robogels to me anyways because of age, its not that new, its just in print now.

Bhikku
03-31-2007, 03:35 PM
it's already a famine in a lot of states, won't be too soon before nationwide anti-dxm hate farms start producing. thre still isn't an acceptable substitute for DXM that doesn't suck though.(for actual cough suppressant purposes i mean.)

Walkaway
03-31-2007, 03:38 PM
Last year, 14-point-7 percent of all reported intentional substance-abuse cases in Oklahoma were linked to D-X-M, compared to 11-point-6 percent in 2005.
It's so heart-warming to see the endurance of the ripples I left behind me when I leapt out of that particular pond...

RISE, MY ROBOTIC ZOMBIE HORDE.

RISE!

Happy2bCandyPLUR
04-01-2007, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Space Monkey@Mar 31 2007, 02:38 PM
Last year, 14-point-7 percent of all reported intentional substance-abuse cases in Oklahoma were linked to D-X-M, compared to 11-point-6 percent in 2005.
It's so heart-warming to see the endurance of the ripples I left behind me when I leapt out of that particular pond...

RISE, MY ROBOTIC ZOMBIE HORDE.

RISE!
Right on.

FDR
04-01-2007, 12:36 AM
I made more zombies in Pittsburgh than you did in Oklahoma.

noid
04-01-2007, 12:55 AM
???
This isn't OK!!!

cyphercmd
04-03-2007, 11:44 PM
Nice to know I'm not the only one stuck here in the buckle of the Bible Belt...I live not too far down the road from "Give me money or God'll kill me" Oral Roberts University. Bastions of fundies

Hello, Oklahoma? Quit worrying about DXM. Why not worry about, I don't know, CRACK, which a bunch of people in my neighborhood regularly flip out on and scare hell out of others here, or METH, because I know far, far more people on those two things than on DXM.

But, no, it's easier to look like you're doing something by making something legal harder to get, than say, working to eliminate the illegal stuff...because that would probably entail, you know, CARING about other people and help them get out from under a life so crappy crack and meth look really good.

idiots...