View Full Version : Two Men Sentenced for Dealing DXM Online

PeoplesMind
04-16-2006, 05:52 PM
Two Indianapolis men will spend the next six years in federal prison for dealing drugs over the internet. According to officials, the drug they sold killed five teenage boys.

The drug in question is called Dextromethorphan, or DXM, and at least five teenagers in three states died when they overdosed on the drug. Those lethal doses were linked back to two Indianapolis men - 30-year-old Robert Denman and 30-year-old Jess Johnson.

The two sold the drug in its pure powder form on the internet. DXM is a chemical found in cough suppressant. But some teens abuse the drug to get high. That’s what at least five teenagers in Florida, Washington, and Virginia did.

"Its not involuntary manslaughter like you might expect. It's actually a very technical violation called misbranding of drugs. The statute provides that if you know a substance is going to be used for a drug then you have to have the required labeling instructions on it," said Donna Eide, Assistant U.S. Attorney.

"DXM will kill you and these kids don't know that. I didn't know anything about it until my grandson died and I hadn't even heard of it," said Idar Stout, a grandmother of one of the victims.

Stout's grandson, 17-year-old Glen Thomas Jr., got the lethal dose of DXM from someone who bought the drug from Johnson and Denman's website. That man was sentenced for involuntary manslaughter in Virginia where Thomas died.

There are still ongoing investigations into the five DXM death cases. Johnson and Denman could face charges in each of those cases. For now, they are looking at at least six years in prison, and fines of more than $1,000 for misbranding the drug.

http://www.wishtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=4...762157&nav=0Ra7 (http://www.wishtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=4762157&nav=0Ra7)

rabit
04-16-2006, 06:04 PM
I recieved 5 years + 3 years parole for poss.of psylocybe. I did 4 in the joint. Their sentence seems pretty light comparitively.

GHINDER
04-17-2006, 03:59 AM
Are they related to any of the major chemical suppliers rounded up in Operation Web Tryp?

rabit
04-17-2006, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by GHINDER@Apr 17 2006, 02:59 AM
Are they related to any of the major chemical suppliers rounded up in Operation Web Tryp?
No possesion of mushrooms and cultivation of marijuana all my own deal. I was snagged by D.E.A

My query for the moment is , is the outlawing legislation in Indianapolis for dxm products or just for those caught w/ the chemical ??

Just as a side note I do not use or know anything of these chemical suppliers aformentioned.

brollie
04-17-2006, 06:13 PM

No possesion of mushrooms and cultivation of marijuana all my own deal. I was snagged by D.E.A

Uhh... He was probably asking about the two men who got six years from the article, not you. :P

DXM will kill you and these kids don't know that.

OMG! Drugs on the internet. I can only assume that the drug is perfectly safe at all doses unless the packaging specifically says otherwise. :shake:

Whatever happened to personal responsibility?

Midknight
04-17-2006, 07:53 PM
Temporary insanity, soon followed by intoxicated loss of moral fiber (Not knowing right from wrong.) Well, since the blame has to fall on someone and obviously not on the victim who CHOSE to use a drug that he KNEW would make him think differently, so it falls on the person who simply sold the drug.

rabit
04-17-2006, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Midknight@Apr 17 2006, 06:53 PM
Temporary insanity, soon followed by intoxicated loss of moral fiber (Not knowing right from wrong.) Well, since the blame has to fall on someone and obviously not on the victim who CHOSE to use a drug that he KNEW would make him think differently, so it falls on the person who simply sold the drug.
See thats what I think is bullshit It was probably some pretty good dxm too ! But no your a drug pusher your going to hell for that one buddy. Poor, poor jonny why he never would of even thought to do drugs if it wasnt for that darn website.

silent voice of seduction
04-18-2006, 10:50 AM
If you are Walmart, selling DXM is a respectable business.

If you are just someone, selling DXM is a felony.

rabit
04-18-2006, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Sgt Hydrochloride Salt@Apr 18 2006, 09:50 AM
If you are Walmart, selling DXM is a respectable business.

If you are just someone, selling DXM is a felony.
It's messed up how peoples belief systems play things out. It's ok for me to do it but not you and further it's a felony if you do it. Yeah your whole life is gonna be turned upside down The egotistical freakin people that control this world seem to have no compassion or concious further they cant seem to distinguish grey areas everything is just right or wrong with no intellect for reasoning , or understanding explanation. I have pretty much realized that it is so out of control that to fight it is a waste of energy so I Just ignore and walk through and around it. They are too caught up in their own stupidity to really even notice.

Monoliath
04-20-2006, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by brollie@Apr 17 2006, 05:13 PM
Whatever happened to personal responsibility?
It's been extinct for a long time now...

Capitalism will protect DXM from being completely outlawed.

As long as Wyeth keeps making Robitussin, I'm going to keep extracting DXM and tripping my balls off.

Fuck what the law has to say about it.

mrfr0g
04-22-2006, 11:50 PM
You know, I could see it from both sides. Parents being upset because their kids died, and of course to anyone over 50 the internet is still the devil, so that makes it even worse. Unlike the days of the past now a days kids are generally informed about what they will be taking before they take it, it's not a back alley where drugs are handed out by some shady guy in a trench coat.

If you google DXM you'l get over a million hits, the first five are informative websites about drugs with one being specifically about DXM. The kids had the intellect to purchase the drug online, but not to find out what it was? Buyers be ware, when you purchase drugs, you might die.