View Full Version : Kid takes DXM/CPM, kills friend next day

BobAlmighty
02-09-2006, 07:41 PM
http://www.journalstar.com/articles/2006/0...fd329907221.txt (http://www.journalstar.com/articles/2006/02/09/local/doc43ea998b077fd329907221.txt)

It's fucking weird when you read the news in your hometown and see this kinda crap. It at once makes me feel anger and sort of a knowing sympathy. The kid in question I have actually met and was friends with my brother in Highschool. Having been a DXM user in the past I know what the experience is like and I do know that the use of it is on the rise in my town. Hell, I might have contributed to it's spread. BUT, I always told people the plain truth and answered any questions they had. I made it clear to them that this is not something to fuck with. Made sure they steered clear of Coricidine and other non-pure dex containing products. The fact that this kid had some serious issues outside of his drug use needs to be made clear. I'm certain his drug use pertained to these problems.

On an interesting note, it was originally rumored that he was on Meth. Funny how nobody fucking knows what the hell they are talking about in the news.

Suburban_Prince
02-09-2006, 08:29 PM
i love how they compared dxm and LSD

but it's sad to see people kill people

Arm
02-09-2006, 10:17 PM
CCC is the new PCP. :eh:

FDR
02-10-2006, 09:13 AM
“He was talking about people being robots,”

Been there.

Monoliath
02-10-2006, 09:19 AM
This is a sad story...I feel for both parties, yet in the same breath, I have no remorse for the stabber, there is enough knowledge of the dangers of ccc's up in the air.

Once again, another fatality / violent act involving DXM, based upon the use of Coricidin Cough and Cold, is anyone else beginning to see a trend here?

Walkaway
02-10-2006, 12:55 PM
is anyone else beginning to see a trend here?
No.

ashesofman
02-10-2006, 01:00 PM
The trend is stupidity, and irresponsible drug use, not coricidin cough and cold.

Monoliath
02-10-2006, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Walkaway@Feb 10 2006, 12:55 PM
is anyone else beginning to see a trend here?
No.
Maybe I'm a crackpot, but almost every tragic / violent DXM news article I've read on this forum has involved the abuse of ccc's.

Walkaway
02-10-2006, 01:05 PM
Without reliable statistics comparing the number of Coricidin (ab)users to the number of people who (ab)use other DXM preparations, we cannot make statements about trends.

Also, this kid used Coricidin 1.5 days prior to the stabbing. I don't see anything that indicates that Coricidin caused his actions.

Monoliath
02-10-2006, 01:13 PM
Without reliable statistics comparing the number of Coricidin (ab)users to the number of people who (ab)use other DXM preparations, we cannot make statements about trends.

Agreed.

Also, this kid used Coricidin 1.5 days prior to the stabbing. I don't see anything that indicates that Coricidin caused his actions.

"Maybe I'm a crackpot, but almost every tragic / violent DXM news article I've read on this forum has involved the abuse of ccc's."

Walkaway
02-10-2006, 01:17 PM
"Maybe I'm a crackpot, but almost every tragic / violent DXM news article I've read on this forum has involved the abuse of ccc's."
Once again, another fatality / violent act involving DXM, based upon the use of Coricidin Cough and Cold, is anyone else beginning to see a trend here?

Monoliath
02-10-2006, 01:24 PM
The article doesn't state that he had ingested any other substance between when he ate all those 'skittles' and the stabbing took place. I understand what you're pointing out though. I am tripping over my own semantics :shake:

I mean, it is indeed an 'assumption' but couldn't one say that his use of coricidin may have been directly involved when it comes to trying to figure out why / what his influence was, when he stabbed the other kid?

Walkaway
02-10-2006, 01:30 PM
It's possible certainly, but I haven't seen any evidence to substantiate that idea.

For all we know, this kid had long-standing problems with his "friend," had been planning on killing him for a while, and just decided to dex before doing "the deed." We don't know, and pretending that we do isn't harm reduction.

Monoliath
02-10-2006, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Walkaway@Feb 10 2006, 01:30 PM
It's possible certainly, but I haven't seen any evidence to substantiate that idea.

For all we know, this kid had long-standing problems with his "friend," had been planning on killing him for a while, and just decided to dex before doing "the deed." We don't know, and pretending that we do isn't harm reduction.
You are right.

In a sense, making that kind assumption is just like the media 'blaming' the drugs for his actions.

I totally smell watcha smokin'.

You should be a lawyer :sly:

brollie
02-10-2006, 09:26 PM
A certain percentage of people are murderers, and a certain percentage of people are dexers.
Naturally the two categories will overlap.
I agree that we need more evidence before blaming the drug for the murder.

the_phoenix
02-10-2006, 09:44 PM
I hope I'm not a murderer. :/

cakedrink
02-11-2006, 06:25 AM
They won't ever get it banned in our lifetime, I'm not worried at all.

Same thing every time see lsd didn't have its backing in drugs as dxm has in cough products. dxm is a trillion dollar indursty like oil or cigarettes, you just can't go without the profit and especially the taxes and the government wont.

Our founding fathers smoked it pure. :pr0zac:

Where could the get funding of such a large scale for the wars we fight without selling massive amounts of drugs. We fund opium plantations in afghanistan right now. There really is nothing to worry about. :chug:

Tyutchev
02-11-2006, 07:04 AM
DXM will be banned one day. Strong opiates such as heroin used to be in cough medicines. As soon as a powerful mind-expander like DXM comes to serious national attention the government will take action; same as what happened with LSD. I'm positive DXM will not remain legal forever. It's already becoming harder and harder to buy robo, most of the people I know agree.

Monoliath
02-11-2006, 07:53 AM
It's not going to be that simple: there is an incredible amount of stipulations within the law surrounding DXM (at least in the USA, don't know about 'down unda' Tyutch), as far as it becoming a scheduled substance, which is very interesting indeed.

DarkStar
02-11-2006, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Tyutchev@Feb 11 2006, 07:04 AM
DXM will be banned one day. Strong opiates such as heroin used to be in cough medicines. As soon as a powerful mind-expander like DXM comes to serious national attention the government will take action; same as what happened with LSD. I'm positive DXM will not remain legal forever. It's already becoming harder and harder to buy robo, most of the people I know agree.
here's the thing though. EVERY other drug that sucessfully suppresses coughs is considered "worse" by the goverment (codiene, hydrocodone etc.) i don't think a non psychoactive cough suppressant that works well actually exists. As for me, i'd rather be able to get OTC Hydrocodone syrup and have to get a script for dex from my MD. He's script happy anyway, he'd write it in a second. Dex will never be illegal completely. Maybe in 20 years it might be Rx only, but anyone with a cough or the ability to fake one will be able to get a script. MDs will hand it out like they do SSRIs (blech....)

krepta
02-11-2006, 03:19 PM
dxm doesnt make people kill people wtf already

FDR
02-11-2006, 03:21 PM
Maybe not, but it does seem to foster an intense dislike for robots.

Monoliath
02-11-2006, 03:27 PM
I find that notion incredibly interesting.

I think drugs in general foster a type of hatred for any kind of excessive systematic robotification of anything.

Katatonic
02-11-2006, 08:32 PM
It's fucking weird when you read the news in your hometown and see this kinda crap. It at once makes me feel anger and sort of a knowing sympathy. The kid in question I have actually met and was friends with my brother in Highschool. Having been a DXM user in the past I know what the experience is like and I do know that the use of it is on the rise in my town. Hell, I might have contributed to it's spread. BUT, I always told people the plain truth and answered any questions they had. I made it clear to them that this is not something to fuck with. Made sure they steered clear of Coricidine and other non-pure dex containing products. The fact that this kid had some serious issues outside of his drug use needs to be made clear. I'm certain his drug use pertained to these problems.

On an interesting note, it was originally rumored that he was on Meth. Funny how nobody fucking knows what the hell they are talking about in the news.

I see we live in the same town.... You must be a part of the newer generation dexers.

I knew the kid too and was never fond of him, he used to say very perverted things to me when I'd walk home and pass by his house.I was very very young.

Fact: dxm (corocidin) is easily obtainable.
Fact: so are knives.

The details or motives of this incident cannot be assumed. Chemicals in the wrong hands can be destructive wither it be to ones self or others (or both parties)
Lets just all eat our choice of candy and use our tools wisely.

Tyutchev
02-11-2006, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by DarkStar@Feb 11 2006, 12:49 PM

here's the thing though. EVERY other drug that sucessfully suppresses coughs is considered "worse" by the goverment (codiene, hydrocodone etc.) i don't think a non psychoactive cough suppressant that works well actually exists. As for me, i'd rather be able to get OTC Hydrocodone syrup and have to get a script for dex from my MD. He's script happy anyway, he'd write it in a second. Dex will never be illegal completely. Maybe in 20 years it might be Rx only, but anyone with a cough or the ability to fake one will be able to get a script. MDs will hand it out like they do SSRIs (blech....)
Well I meant it would be prescription only, I just mean it won't be OTC anymore. Good point though.

Midknight
02-13-2006, 07:48 PM
It seems to me that people who are more likely to kill someone are also more likely to use drugs, not the other way around...I mean if your willing to kill someone, which is a far greater offense than using drugs, why would you care about the law enough to not use drugs.

Jesric
02-14-2006, 10:00 PM
The kid did CCC, and in an unrelated event stabbed his friend. The CCC wasn't responsible, but DID make for a good excuse.

Lunchbox
02-16-2006, 11:46 AM
The reason that CCCs always seem to be related to these murders is this. Kids take DXM for their frist time, and guess what they take, the thing they always hear about in high school. When I was in High School, CCCs were the most popular way to trip, because people didn't know that you could take anything else.

So the kid takes CCCs and can't handle the trip, and goes nuts. The same thing prolly could have happened if he would have taken Zicam, Robitussin or anything else.

KathrynCoagula
02-17-2006, 05:53 AM
Thats a bad DXM *takes out her molecule and beats it* WHATS WRONG WITH YOU!!! YOU MAKE PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE!!! NOT LIKE THEY WEREN'T MESSED UP IN THE FIRST PLACE.....

BAD!!!

I'm so not cuddling you tonight.

And when I see your friends in the grocery store aisle tomorrow you know what I'm gonna do? I think I'm going to have to disassociate from them because it's drugs like you that make people go BAD!

I said I'd think about it.

And think really hard I will.

JayMark
02-18-2006, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by KathrynCoagula@Feb 17 2006, 05:53 AM
Thats a bad DXM *takes out her molecule and beats it* WHATS WRONG WITH YOU!!! YOU MAKE PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE!!! NOT LIKE THEY WEREN'T MESSED UP IN THE FIRST PLACE.....

BAD!!!

I'm so not cuddling you tonight.

And when I see your friends in the grocery store aisle tomorrow you know what I'm gonna do? I think I'm going to have to disassociate from them because it's drugs like you that make people go BAD!

I said I'd think about it.

And think really hard I will.
LMAO!

Check this out also:

“What happens is these medications have a narcotic-like effect — sort of an LSD high,” McVoy said.

Sure, we all know how DXM is like LSD....

Walkaway
02-18-2006, 10:17 PM
I agree that PCP or ketamine would have been a closer comparison, but LSD and DXM share the following effects (among others):

*changes in body image
*changes in time perception
*changes in visual perception
*changes in auditory perception
*induction of 'ideas of reference'/'synchronicity'
*promotion of loose mental associations between concepts
*euphoria

Aphostile
07-04-2006, 02:09 AM
Disassociatives and murder do have a bit of a history- especially PCP. Gang Bangers have long been known to do the dust before they commit a homicide so they won't feel anything. However, it's important to note that the intent to kill is present before taking the drug.

DXM User
07-04-2006, 02:17 AM
I agree that PCP or ketamine would have been a closer comparison, but LSD and DXM share the following effects (among others):

*changes in body image
*changes in time perception
*changes in visual perception
*changes in auditory perception
*induction of 'ideas of reference'/'synchronicity'
*promotion of loose mental associations between concepts
*euphoria

You just described nicotine, caffeine, marijuana, alcohol, or any other drug that anybody uses at any given time. Not picking on you or anything. I'm just pointing out how vague it is when the news describes drugs as 'similar to' because when it comes down to it there's at least 5,000,000 people around the world doing the same drugs legally and safely (ie, without murdering their friends).