View Full Version : Teen Party Drug

drdĒv€
11-04-2005, 06:45 PM
Some pills used to treat the common cold are now treating some teenagers need for a high.

Coricidin is quickly becoming a popular party trend.

This past weekend, a 15-year-old overdosed at a lock-in skating party in Washington County.

Sheriff Larry Mincks says, "Luckily one of our narcotic officers was working the security detail there, and I think he was able to recognize what was going on. The child was transported to Marietta Memorial Hospital where he had his stomach pumped."

Mincks says this is the first time local authorities had a run-in with the drug, but he says intelligence shows it's out there. It's a potential problem because kids are able to hide it from their parents.

"Ii think parents are warning their kids as far as the abuses of alcohol and marijuana.
We now have another enemy creeping up on us, as far as these cold tablets are concerned, because they are available at your local stores."

This form of drug abuse has been referred to as "skittling," because the tablets resemble the popular candy, Skittles.

But it's a chemical inside that creates problems when taken in high doses.

Local pharmacist Shayla Goldenberg says, "Dextromethorphan is a cough suppressant; an overdose can cause hallucinations, excitement, and things like that."

Goldenberg says the drug is available over the counter. She says she'll move it behind the counter if she has too. However, she worries that it might not do the trick, because other cold pills have similar components.

Local authorities say parents should keep an eye out for empty pill containers, and also take note of the medication in your house. That way you'll know if it goes missing.

http://www.wtap.com/news/headlines/1947712.html

Vertigo
11-04-2005, 08:40 PM
REMEMBER KIDS, CPM IS COMPLETELY SAFE AND DXM WILL KLL YOU!!!

I think we need a generic informative letter to send out when these fear peddlers report half baked garbage.

Arm
11-04-2005, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by drdĒv€@Nov 4 2005, 05:45 PM
Mincks says this is the first time local authorities had a run-in with the drug, but he says intelligence shows it's out there.
Intelligence? Damn the war on drugs is really a war. :shake:

Eloivore
11-05-2005, 12:56 AM
Oh, great, this one's in my neighborhood. Last time this happened I had to deal with the media fucktard brigade. http://70.61.176.90/misc/brickwall.gif

c0smoline
11-05-2005, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by bwhite@Nov 5 2005, 12:56 AM
Oh, great, this one's in my neighborhood. Last time this happened I had to deal with the media fucktard brigade. http://70.61.176.90/misc/brickwall.gif
William White, Media Messiah

Monoliath
11-05-2005, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by Vertigo@Nov 4 2005, 08:40 PM
REMEMBER KIDS, CPM IS COMPLETELY SAFE AND DXM WILL KLL YOU!!!

I think we need a generic informative letter to send out when these fear peddlers report half baked garbage.
This is actually a really good idea, dextroverse.org, I believe is addressing that very issue of informing people of the truth, on the new fronteir of communication; the internet.

It is about harm-prevention, not choice reduction through brain-washing

Arm
11-05-2005, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by bwhite@Nov 4 2005, 11:56 PM
It's your own damn fault for not being an anonymous coward like the rest of us. B)

greengovernment
11-05-2005, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by drdĒv€@Nov 4 2005, 06:45 PM
"Dextromethorphan is a cough suppressant; an overdose can cause hallucinations, excitement, and things like that."

Can cause excitement. lololoolol.

Suburban_Prince
11-05-2005, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by bwhite@Nov 5 2005, 12:56 AM
just tell them to get a life and fuck off, or no comment

Walkaway
11-06-2005, 11:24 PM
Coricidin is quickly becoming a popular party trend.

Becoming? Wow, some people have definitely been left out of the loop.

This past weekend, a 15-year-old overdosed at a lock-in skating party in Washington County.

I wonder if this means that the 15 year old was in actual physical danger of death, or if it means that the 15 year old took Coricidin and started tripping. The description of how the youth in question ended up in the hospital seems to favor the latter.

Blur The Technicolor
11-08-2005, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by greengovernment+Nov 5 2005, 02:19 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (greengovernment @ Nov 5 2005, 02:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--drdĒv€@Nov 4 2005, 06:45 PM
"Dextromethorphan is a cough suppressant; an overdose can cause hallucinations, excitement, and things like that."

Can cause excitement. lololoolol. [/b][/quote]
yes. i know a good bottle of robo sure excites me. and then i drink it, and the hallucinations kick in.

but really. hallucinations are apparently so similar to excitement that they can be grouped into "things like that." i did not know this. :O