View Full Version : Medical: Avian Flu Protection

drdĒv€
10-17-2005, 10:08 PM
Anchor:
WE KEEP HEARING THERE'S NO VACCINE DEVELOPED YET TO PREVENT THE BIRD FLU - AND NO MEDICINE TO TREAT IT.

SO, IS THERE ANYTHING YOU CAN DO AT HOME TO PROTECT YOUR FAMILY?

MEDICAL REPORTER KATHY FOWLER JOINS US WITH THIS STORY.

Kathy Fowler on set:
EXPERTS SAY THE BIRD FLU IS EXPECTED TO SPREAD TO PARTS OF EUROPE, BUT THE BIGGEST THREAT OF IT MUTATING TO A HUMAN VIRUS REMAINS IN ASIA, NOT AMERICA.

THERE'S NO REASON TO PANIC, BUT PLENTY OF REASONS TO BE PREPARED TO PROTECT YOURSELF IF THE SITUATION CHANGES.

Story script:
AS U.S. HEALTH OFFICIALS TRAVEL TO EUROPE AND ASIA FOR SURVEILLANCE AND CONTAINMENT OF A POSSIBLE AVIAN FLU OUTBREAK IN HUMANS. DOCTORS HERE AT HOME SAY THERE ARE SOME SMALL STEPS AMERICANS CAN TAKE TO HELP PROTECT THEMSELVES.

FOR ONE, GET A FLU SHOT - WHILE IT WON'T PROTECT AGAINST THE AVIAN FLU, IT IS HELPFUL FOR OTHER REASONS.

Dr. Shmuel Shoham: "If you had the flu shot then you are less likely to get the flu, then avian flu were it to come here doctors and health care professionals know what you have. There would be that many less people getting respiratory due to regular old influenza.

FAMILIES SHOULD ALSO MAKE SURE THEIR EMERGENCY SUPPLY KITS ARE UP TO DATE.

Dr. Shoham: "I think this is a good time to be preparing about a variety different emergencies. Having a few days supply of things you might need if you weren't allowed to leave the house, or couldn't leave the house would be a good thing to do

BOTH THE REGULAR FLU AND BIRD FLU ARE CONTAGIOUS - SO IT'S IMPORTANT PEOPLE STAY HOME AND NOT EXPOSE OTHERS TO THE VIRUS. THAT MEANS BEFORE ANY FLU STRAIN HITS, STOCK UP ON CANNED GOODS, WATER, AND PLENTY OF OVER THE COUNTER MEDICINES LIKE TYLENOL AND ROBITUSSIN.
AND OF COURSE, AN EXTRA SUPPLY OF ANY PRESCRIPTION MEDICINE.

DOCTORS ALSO RECOMMEND HAVING ALCOHOL GEL, LATEX GLOVES AND A BREATHING MASK ON HAND TO REDUCE THE RISK OF THE FLU SPREADING FROM ONE FAMILY MEMBER TO ANOTHER.

Kathy Fowler on set:
THE U.S. GOVERNMENT IS TALKING WITH DRUG AND VACCINE MAKERS TO STEP UP PRODUCTION OF ANTI-VIRAL DRUGS IN THE EVENT THE VIRUS REACHES AMERICA. RIGHT NOW FRANCE AND BRITAIN HAVE 14 MILLION DOSES STOCKPILED - THE U.S. ONLY HAS 2 MILLION DOSES AVAILABLE.

http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/1005/269573.html

waiting4nirvana
10-17-2005, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by drdĒv€@Oct 17 2005, 09:08 PM
PLENTY OF OVER THE COUNTER MEDICINES LIKE TYLENOL AND ROBITUSSIN.
To store clerk:

"Yes ma'am, its for the bird flu" :parinoid:

To parents:

"Just warding off that nasty avian flu" :parinoid:

And the best part is, if the flu never comes, the robo will never go to waste :thumbsup:

Arm
10-18-2005, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by drdĒv€@Oct 17 2005, 08:08 PM

DOCTORS ALSO RECOMMEND HAVING ALCOHOL GEL,

THE U.S. GOVERNMENT IS TALKING WITH DRUG AND VACCINE MAKERS TO STEP UP PRODUCTION OF ANTI-VIRAL DRUGS IN THE EVENT THE VIRUS REACHES AMERICA.
I don't think alcohol is going to kill viruses since like, viruses arent alive. :thumbsup:

Anti-viral drugs? You mean like that poison that doesn't work they shove down kids throats who turn up HIV positive in New York? I think ill take my chance with the flu. B)

$H@P3$HYFTR3
10-18-2005, 12:03 PM
fuck a bird flu. we got way too much randumb shit in this world just waiting to liquefy us all. i aint no bird but i will medicate with syrups to tha face by tha crate JUST in case. kill all birds on sight. seek and destroy with extreme prejudice. take no prisoners. your country and fellow man need YOU fuck them birds up..........ahem.......

CRIMSONGHOST
10-18-2005, 02:54 PM
fuck a bird flu. we got way too much randumb shit in this world just waiting to liquefy us all. i aint no bird but i will medicate with syrups to tha face by tha crate JUST in case. kill all birds on sight. seek and destroy with extreme prejudice. take no prisoners. your country and fellow man need YOU fuck them birds up..........ahem.......

First Its random. Second its liquify.

WTF Kind of random contribution to a thread is that? It is completely idiotic. It wasnt funny either.

hometoys
10-18-2005, 07:43 PM
Wasn't funny... but...

KILL THE BIRDS.

$H@P3$HYFTR3
10-20-2005, 09:39 AM
hey ghost: quit ya bitchin, punk. i dont talk shit about how you still be suckin ya mommas teats so why talk shit about my thread? notice how what i had to say still carries more weight than your post. i post something benign and you post something malignant. who could find a way to talk any shit about someone elses post when their post exists only to judge? you cant judge me you aint god. you just some mark ass trick chillin behind a screen talkin shit cuz you dont got nada betta to say. suck my eggs, homes. and oh yea, go and fuck yaself with a cacti. aint nobody stoppin me, especially no hatas. dont be takin shit so serious. youll catch a heart attack or something. come on...you act like you actualy had somethin to say. i kno i didnt but i didnt claim to so fuck your rules, fuck your regulations, and fuck your norms. i dont gotta be what you think i should and i will only if i choose. why do you think myname is atomic revolution? why do you think i got capone for my avatar? chew on that mothafucka.

*im bout to spark a revolution. fuck tha constitution. rebellion comes like fire against your pollution. you about makin problems when we already got em. ill be tha solution. dont confuse it. its already been done so do something newer. get off ya computer and when you try to kill me ill act rasputin. fuck what would jesus do what would tupac do? free yourself from tha nooses that bind. cure tha blind and you will find tha truth. peel tha haze off ya eyes and refuse to be refused. ya got a voice dont waste it just use it.*
by me for you, mofucka. taste the day or waste away. kamikaze mafia fo life. evolving since 1985!

silent voice of seduction
10-20-2005, 10:09 AM
im bout to spark a revolution. fuck tha constitution.
Dude, the "revolution" to undermine and eradicate the constitution is already taking place.

Not that you're making any sort of coherent point anyway.

$H@P3$HYFTR3
10-21-2005, 11:35 AM
fuck making a point here. that was a RAP explaining tha life i lead. you have no idea: i live for revolution of all kinds and tha rebirth of tha renaissance. truth is in tha life i lead and it aint about americas constitution i speak. its tha inner world constitution. try harder not to make dumbass assumptions . like in tha head. you dont see tha revolution i live day to day. right now im bringing an artistic renaissance to my area and revitalizing tha local scene. my shits about to be in art shows and display cases at tha college i go to. my art professor, who is an accomplished and seasoned painter and artist tells me my shits gonna explode on tha world. he says its just what we need to brethe life back into the scene. and thats just tha beginning, but i wouldnt expect you to know. i do SOOO much in terms of revolution, like leading a counterculture group, making music, trying to change my world and tha world we live in for tha better, being a practicing shaman...good god, fool. you dont knw what you cant see. notice how nobody knows youre a fuckup psychoretard until you open ya yapper. also remember, kiddies: remove cock from mouth before speaking. its just damn rude! and of course, like always, fuck your criticizm. your pussy shit dont weigh much against tha thousands that know me and love me and my work. get fucked. thank you come again.