View Full Version : I CAN'T BELIEVE I: Tripped on Robitussin

drdĒv€
09-30-2005, 04:20 PM
A few weeks ago, my cousin and I were sitting around talking about classic rock and roll. The conversation turned suddenly to drugs, as these two topics are more often than not symbiotic. She was telling me how all those songs are so great because of all the fantastic hallucinations the rockstars saw on their acid trips.

Knowing that she had done every drug under the sun, I asked her about her experiences on acid. She described them as utopias filled with the most beautiful things imaginable: gorgeously vivid colors and intensely pleasurable sensations.

Now, my cousin and I are very similar in the types of pleasure we seek out, so she could tell that I was extremely interested in feeling this euphoria for myself. Knowing that I had never before touched drugs in my life, she suggested I take a "RoboTrip;" that is, swallow an entire bottle of Robitussin DM for effects similar to those of LSD (acid).

Let it be known that deriving my weekend plans from the advice of a drug connoisseur is not something I normally do. I have no defense for my judgement other than boredom and curiosity. Nevertheless, here's my experience.

My roommate happened to be out of town that weekend, so I had the room to practice my stupidity in private. I swallowed the entire bottle before I had a chance to convince myself not to. It was a very sickening taste; very thick and poisonous. Letting it settle in my stomach had a bit of a nauseating effect, so I decided to lay down through it.

Within the first hour, I felt like I was drunk. I began to feel a pleasant warm and tingly feeling and my eyelids grew heavy with sleep (a side effect). All my cares just kind of faded away. In an effort to stay awake and as a means to test the pleasure of the experience, I decided to masturbate. The result was an extremely intense orgasm; one that seemed to radiate throughout my entire body. That alone made my RoboTrip worth it.

Another hour into it, I began to see things. When I opened and shut my eyes it looked like there were diamonds attached to my eyelashes, producing glittering rain showers with each blink. If I left my eyes closed, swirls of vibrant colors would appear out of the darkness, and they would move and change in a kaleidoscope fashion.

At some point when my eyes were half open, I saw a tiny glittering, rainbow spider descend from his web. He stopped right in front of my face, and seemed to be dancing. Normally I hate spiders, but this little dude was so cool and friendly, I just watched with amazement.

Throughout the trip, I was super-aware and noticed every last detail about everything around me. Apparently, I was really in tune with nature that night, because all my "visions" were of animals. More glittering insects made themselves known to me, including ladybugs and crickets. The most intense was when a whale decided to swim through my room. He paused for a moment, and I got to look into his gigantic eye before he swam off again.

After a few more hours, I finally gave in and fell asleep. Though I had some pretty intense dreams, it was a restless night. I woke up early the next morning feeling very hungover.. All day my pupils were hugely dilated and I was completely out of it. My urine smelled very strongly of cough syrup and my skin felt slimy, like the medicine was oozing from my pores. I felt like I was somehow not attached to my own body. I spent a lot of time in the bathroom, if you know what I mean. After two miserable days, I finally recovered from my RoboTrip.

So was it stupid? Yes. Was it cool? Hell yes. Will I ever do it again? Hell no. I'm content to walk away with no permanent damage and nothing to show for it except a great story.

http://www.carolinianonline.com/media/pape...n-1000012.shtml (http://www.carolinianonline.com/media/paper301/news/2005/09/27/Life/I.Cant.Believe.I.Tripped.On.Robitussin-1000012.shtml)

SkimmerX
09-30-2005, 04:28 PM
GO NC two stories in one day :) !

Shadow
10-01-2005, 05:19 AM
he will trip again.

silent voice of seduction
10-01-2005, 11:50 AM
DXM's effects similar to LSD? Well well. They are both psychedelic, kind of, but that's where the similarities end.

Arm
10-01-2005, 11:59 AM
Visuals are only part of the psychedelic experience. :magnus_grey: How about feeling like you are a spiritual entity from another world and you are in a place that feels kinda like the Matrix. That this reality is not real but a dream. B)

Cameron
10-03-2005, 01:06 AM
I vote for best trip report :P