View Full Version : Friend claims teens overdosed on DXM

BONERSTORM
05-26-2005, 07:13 PM
<span style='color:#FF0000'>ATTENTION: THE WEBSITE KNOWN AS "CHEMICAL API" IS UNDER INVESTIGATION BY DETECTIVES AND THE FDA FOLLOWING 5 VERY RECENT DEATHS CAUSED BY PURE DXM. THIS ARTICLE ACCOUNTS FOR TWO OF THEM</span>

Friend claims teens overdosed on DXM

LEE COUNTY— Dustin Waits knew all three teens involved in Sunday
morning's alleged drug overdose. He says he tested out the exact batch
of drugs believed to have killed Chris Hundley and Steve Wambolt and put
Alex Kulwicki in the hospital.

Nineteen year old Dustin Waits claims he was with Alex Kulwicki and
friends last Friday night when the package arrived.

"It was a regular yellow envelope, with a Ziploc bag of 25 g of DXM,"
said Waits.
DXM is dextromethorphan, a powerful drug with psychedelic effects at
high doses. It's found in cold medicines like Coricidin.

Waits says the powder form of DXM was purchased off of a website called Chemical-API and was mailed to Kulwicki's friend Torin Lother in Fort Myers so no one's parents would find it.
When it arrived several of the men tried it.

"I had not done DXM in a while, and it made us all sick," said Waits.

According to police, sometime early Sunday morning, Alex Kulwicki, Chris
Hundley and Steve Wambolt overdosed on a drug bought off the internet.
Two of those teens died. Police will not say what drug they allegedly
used.

Waits was not there that night, but says the three men took DXM. Hundley and Wambolt died and Kulwicki ended up in the hospital.

"We're used to them sitting out on the porch and now there's just three
empty chairs," said Waits.

Looking at pictures, poems and music Wambolt made, Lother was unable to
speak on camera. He has spoken with detectives.

Waits has been scared straight from using DXM and hopes parents take a
closer look into what their kids are doing.

"You never think you could die, until it happens," said Waits.
Wambolt was into music and often wrote guitar riffs. Friends don't have
many pictures of Hundley because he was always the one taking the
pictures.

The website where the teens allegedly purchased the drug warns, "This is not a finished pharmaceutical product, but an active ingredient. These
products are not intended for human consumption."

Waits and Lother say the teens were aware of the dangers of DXM, but
believes they just used too much.

silent voice of seduction
05-26-2005, 07:18 PM
DXM is dextromethorphan, a powerful drug with psychedelic effects at high doses.
A sensible one-line summary of DXM at last.
"You never think you could die, until it happens," said Waits.
Something's fishy here. Either what they received was not DXM or they used it in an extremely reckless manner. Two deaths at once? Wow. Horrible story either way... :(

BONERSTORM
05-26-2005, 07:19 PM
"Waits and Lother say the teens were aware of the dangers of DXM, but
believes they just used too much."

she says they knew about DXM's risks, but did a big dose anyway. sounds like exactly the mindset of someone who's recently come into a lot of drugs.

05-26-2005, 07:22 PM
Hm. As much as I hate to admit it, but DXM powder IS more dangerous than all OTC DXM products. Harder to measure and SO easy to just take more out of that huge bag... and some more... and then some more, in chase of the ultimate high...

Shadow
05-26-2005, 07:34 PM
According to police, sometime early Sunday morning, Alex Kulwicki, Chris
Hundley and Steve Wambolt overdosed on a drug bought off the internet.
Two of those teens died. Police will not say what drug they allegedly
used.

im wondering about that.... maybe it was a combination of something along with a large dose of dex.

Shadow
05-26-2005, 07:52 PM
<%ohm> im confuesd. it says that Alex Kulwicki on February 21, 2005 was sent to hospital and two of his friends died after Police believe the men took too much Coricidin HBP Cough & Cold, which contains dextromethorphan. this is the same guy thats in this latest DXM incident?
* %Shadow scrolls up
<%ohm> http://www.local10.com/news/4216191/detail.html
<%Shadow> no
<%Shadow> the name is dustin waits
<%Shadow> :P
<%ohm> Dustin Waits knew all three teens involved in Sunday
<%ohm> morning's alleged drug overdose. He says he tested out the exact batch
<%ohm> of drugs believed to have killed Chris Hundley and Steve Wambolt and put
<%ohm> Alex Kulwicki in the hospital.
<%Shadow> LEE COUNTY— Dustin Waits knew all three teens involved in Sunday
<%Shadow> morning's alleged drug overdose. He says he tested out the exact batch
<%Shadow> of drugs believed to have killed Chris Hundley and Steve Wambolt and put
<%Shadow> Alex Kulwicki in the hospital.
<%Shadow> shit
<%ohm> hm
<%Shadow> i think it is linked
<%Shadow> feel like doing some googling?
<%ohm> so dustin waits, knew this Alex Kulwicki guy
<%ohm> heh go for it
<%ohm> both incidents happened in Florida

go ohm! catch those tiny details!

murac
05-26-2005, 10:25 PM
Well, that's shitty seeing as now all sources of the powder I know of are gone...argh...now what am I gonna do? Pay 10 bucks for every trip I take? Might as well do acid!

inspyrefli
05-26-2005, 10:47 PM
craziness ..............good thing i know my powder works!

BONERSTORM
05-26-2005, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by murac@May 26 2005, 09:25 PM
Well, that's shitty seeing as now all sources of the powder I know of are gone...argh...now what am I gonna do? Pay 10 bucks for every trip I take? Might as well do acid!
at least you're focusing on the important part of this story: the busted supplier.

p.s. two dead, five dead recently.

c0smoline
05-26-2005, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by rudine+May 26 2005, 10:01 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rudine @ May 26 2005, 10:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--murac@May 26 2005, 09:25 PM
at least you're focusing on the important part of this story: the busted supplier.

p.s. two dead, five dead recently. [/b][/quote]
Now ask yourself this: Are those deaths really the supplier's fault? Unless the dextromethorphan they sent to them was tainted with a poisonous substance, the boys who died are the ones at fault here, because they violated Chemical API's end-user agreement.

End of discussion.

leafy green
05-26-2005, 11:53 PM
and we all know theres nothing more important than humans dying

BONERSTORM
05-27-2005, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by c0smoline+May 26 2005, 10:05 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (c0smoline @ May 26 2005, 10:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by -rudine@May 26 2005, 10:01 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--murac@May 26 2005, 09:25 PM

p.s. two dead, five dead recently.
Now ask yourself this: Are those deaths really the supplier's fault? Unless the dextromethorphan they sent to them was tainted with a poisonous substance, the boys who died are the ones at fault here, because they violated Chemical API's end-user agreement.

End of discussion. [/b][/quote]
that's pretty naive

Midknight
05-27-2005, 01:55 AM
These suppliers are on the same teeter totter edge of the law as head shops.

They aren't technically breaking any laws...but the police will try anything to shut them down.

05-27-2005, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by rudine@May 26 2005, 11:39 PM
that's pretty naive
What's naive? Believing in the responsibility of human beings to take care of their own life? To bear the consequences of their decisions?

The story is tragic, no doubt about that. But I can't see the supplier's fault here either (assuming pure DXM was delivered). All possible efforts should be made to assure that buyers are 18 or above (or 21). But beyond that - it's a free country, if I want to buy DXM, I feel I have the right to do that. You can always buy a shitload of syrup and make a nice bag of freebase DXM yourself anyway.

If kids take their parents' car keys and go for a wild ride that ends tragically, whose fault is this? They decided to do it, they knew about the dangers.

Shadow
05-27-2005, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Feldwebel Pfeffer+May 27 2005, 02:14 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Feldwebel Pfeffer @ May 27 2005, 02:14 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--rudine@May 26 2005, 11:39 PM
that's pretty naive
What's naive? Believing in the responsibility of human beings to take care of their own life? To bear the consequences of their decisions?

The story is tragic, no doubt about that. But I can't see the supplier's fault here either (assuming pure DXM was delivered). All possible efforts should be made to assure that buyers are 18 or above (or 21). But beyond that - it's a free country, if I want to buy DXM, I feel I have the right to do that. You can always buy a shitload of syrup and make a nice bag of freebase DXM yourself anyway.

If kids take their parents' car keys and go for a wild ride that ends tragically, whose fault is this? They decided to do it, they knew about the dangers. [/b][/quote]
tyvm, i agree in whole.

BONERSTORM
05-28-2005, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Feldwebel Pfeffer+May 27 2005, 04:14 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Feldwebel Pfeffer @ May 27 2005, 04:14 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--rudine@May 26 2005, 11:39 PM
that's pretty naive If kids take their parents' car keys and go for a wild ride that ends tragically, whose fault is this? They decided to do it, they knew about the dangers. [/b][/quote]
what if the parents say "here are a set of keys, and they make the ferarri turn on, but they're not meant to be put in the ferrari" and then they put the keys on the kitchen counter and don't give their kids any instruction on how to drive such a fast car. don't even tell them how to put seatbelts on.

the kid gets the keys, hops in the ferarri, goes 0-60 in a few seconds and wraps it around a telephone pole.

the parent just shrugs and says "not my fault, i told him he wasn't supposed to drive it."

Shadow
05-28-2005, 06:19 PM
... keys with a little rubber thing on them that say 'furrarri', usually go into a ferarri. :P

anyways, my parents have pointed out the key that gos to our car (it is nicely labled 'saturn' on the rubber part, too.), incase i ever need to pop the trunk or unlock it to grab something for them. the directions were not to use the keys, and he did it. it is still that childs fault, IMO. the child wasnt RESPONCIBLE enough to learn howto drive a car, just like those kids weren't RESPONCIBLE enough to learn howto find the DV or another harm reduction site that covers the proper usage/dosing/possible side affects/whatever of DXM, and the likely dangers of CCC. nice try though rudy.

i am the najavo
05-28-2005, 07:01 PM
the supplier is not at fault, if the dxm was as pure as advertised. should we shut down p2p because some people use it wrongfully? no! should we ban vcr's because you can record someone else's copyrighted material, or dub vids! no! should we rid the world of free speech in papers and the internet because some material accessable is deemed 'wrong' for the person to read, i.e. drug info, bombs, etc? no!

chemical api has shit powder me thinks though.

BONERSTORM
05-28-2005, 07:02 PM
i'm not Trying, i'm pointing out facts. the sellers on most of those sites knew damn well what their products were being used for. that's precisely why their disclaimers were so visibile. does that make them responsible for misuse of the drugs? not directly. would it have been more responsible for them to link to the DXM FAQ and safe-use information? absolutely.

can they do that legally? probably not.

so, government policy regarding drug use is retarded. but so is selling drugs and pretending they aren't drugs. people tend to end up dead now matter how many disclaimers you write.

BONERSTORM
05-28-2005, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by God K@May 28 2005, 06:01 PM
the supplier is not at fault, if the dxm was as pure as advertised. should we shut down p2p because some people use it wrongfully? no! should we ban vcr's because you can record someone else's copyrighted material, or dub vids! no! should we rid the world of free speech in papers and the internet because some material accessable is deemed 'wrong' for the person to read, i.e. drug info, bombs, etc? no!
these things don't cause people to die when misused.

BONERSTORM
05-28-2005, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Feldwebel Pfeffer+May 27 2005, 04:14 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Feldwebel Pfeffer @ May 27 2005, 04:14 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--rudine@May 26 2005, 11:39 PM
that's pretty naive
What's naive? Believing in the responsibility of human beings to take care of their own life? To bear the consequences of their decisions? [/b][/quote]
people need proper information in order to make educated decisions.

Midknight
05-28-2005, 08:56 PM
They do need information to make informed decisions, and the suppliers probably knew that they were selling something that was going to be used as a drug.

But thats how supply and demand works. I mean pharmacies sell drugs that they know can cause death, even in the reccomended dosages. Sure they have warnings and all sorts of fun stuff like that, but people still die...and the pharmacies don't get in trouble. Sure the big production companies might get sued, and they'll have to take the pill off the market, but they hardly ever get shut down.